Dr Dennis Blom
Susie

New York, NY

#21 Jan 12, 2013
He is an excellent doctor! Can not believe the horrible comments! He has nothing but the best interest in patients not the slackers that work with him! He is above and beyond an excellent doctor. Would recommend him highly. He has only the patients best interest! My experience with him has been amazing! Don't believe everything you hear. He is the best! I would trust him with my life!
Nice try doc

Lowville, NY

#22 Jan 12, 2013
Would not let him operate on my dog!
nurse

Fayetteville, NY

#23 Jan 12, 2013
Susie wrote:
He is an excellent doctor! Can not believe the horrible comments! He has nothing but the best interest in patients not the slackers that work with him! He is above and beyond an excellent doctor. Would recommend him highly. He has only the patients best interest! My experience with him has been amazing! Don't believe everything you hear. He is the best! I would trust him with my life!
You must not work with him or see his mistakes. I do see his mistakes. You must be one of the lucky ones
Nice try doc

Lowville, NY

#24 Jan 12, 2013
Poor Dennis trying to promote himself, it's really sad.
Curious

Wethersfield, CT

#25 Apr 10, 2013
Is dennis blom married?
Grsteful mommy

Whately, MA

#26 Apr 20, 2013
Dr mark Williams who was bashed by another poster is a wonderful surgeon and person. He did an appendectomy on my daughter when she was seven and he was fabulous to all of us. So there ssshole
Hmmm

Sherburne, NY

#27 Apr 20, 2013
nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not work with him or see his mistakes. I do see his mistakes. You must be one of the lucky ones
Ahh u must be one of the ones he "spurned" Nurse Ratchet!
Curious

Newington, CT

#28 May 1, 2013
Grsteful mommy wrote:
Dr mark Williams who was bashed by another poster is a wonderful surgeon and person. He did an appendectomy on my daughter when she was seven and he was fabulous to all of us. So there ssshole
Dr. Mark Fat Ass Williams is a quack!
Stacy

Clark Mills, NY

#29 Jul 17, 2013
Did not have a good experience with him. He clearly does not read the patients chart. Had a procedure with him had pain afterward called office. When they finally called back he gave me advice on another patient was not even aware which procedure he performed on me. I agree with the god complex and bad bed side manner.
cutern

Clark Mills, NY

#30 Apr 5, 2014
Curious wrote:
Is dennis blom married?
yes why?
littlestarbrite

Utica, NY

#31 Sep 11, 2014
He's doing foot surgery on my husband. Any input on this ?
my experience

Utica, NY

#32 Sep 11, 2014
littlestarbrite wrote:
Do NOT go to St E's..Do NOT..recovery room is like a meat market. no privacy, only curtains in between each bed, unlike faxton or st lukes. Nurses are incompetent. as for the Doctor, unemotional and uncaring of your pain. i personally will never use him as a surgeon again. Use Syracuse doctors at the University. that's where i will go to if i ever need a surgeon/surgery again.
Saveourcommunity

Albany, NY

#33 Dec 6, 2014
my experience wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT go to St E's..Do NOT..recovery room is like a meat market. no privacy, only curtains in between each bed, unlike faxton or st lukes. Nurses are incompetent. as for the Doctor, unemotional and uncaring of your pain. i personally will never use him as a surgeon again. Use Syracuse doctors at the University. that's where i will go to if i ever need a surgeon/surgery again.
Completely disagree. He is one of few who is fellowship trained in area. He knows his stuff. If you want a dr who is just a "nice guy," go see someone else. If you want someone who knows what he is talking about, knows the science, and can handle difficult cases, go see him. He's helped several of my friends out after other local surgeons have either screwed up or refused to take on because they couldn't handle their issues.
Saveourcommunity

Albany, NY

#34 Dec 6, 2014
littlestarbrite wrote:

I work in the OR. Your husband is in good hands.
Jules77

Bronx, NY

#35 Dec 6, 2014
my experience wrote:
<quoted text>
Syracuse doctors almost killed my husband.my husband is high risk for blood clots, there are many easy ways to prevent clots post op. They did nothing preventative. I'm a nurse and I knew he had a clot, I spent 2 days arguing for an ultrasound, once it was done they found 2 large DVT's. I spent another day arguing with his surgeon because he was not treating the clots. He ended up with the clot going to his lungs. I signed him out and brought him to Dr Max. Thank god Dr Max is excellent and treated him, and he is OK today. Large hospitals have high turn over rates and hire new grads to work in there critical care areas. And university hospitals recovery room is set up just like St E's recovery room, most recovery rooms only have curtains. Are you going to put a fresh post op patient in a room, that would be simply crazy! And most ICU's are open rooms as well. If you worked in the medical field you would understand. I guess you can't help your ignorance. I also worked with a young lady who lost both legs and and arm in university hospital because a brand new nurse in the ICU didn't know how to titrate her vasopressin's correctly.
Latest Blom Victim

Utica, NY

#36 Nov 8, 2015
Born in East Utica wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has come across this "surgeon" and if so any commnts?
Bad, bad. Do not go to him. He will take you to the operating room to perform surgery when all you need is a gi endoscopy procedure. Someone needs to stop this. C'mon D'accurzio. We know you are retiring, but how do you allow this? If you had surgery by Blom recently because you had a gi bleed, you need to speak up! This should not have happened to you either!
Saveourcommunity

Utica, NY

#38 Nov 11, 2015
Latest Blom Victim wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad, bad. Do not go to him. He will take you to the operating room to perform surgery when all you need is a gi endoscopy procedure. Someone needs to stop this. C'mon D'accurzio. We know you are retiring, but how do you allow this? If you had surgery by Blom recently because you had a gi bleed, you need to speak up! This should not have happened to you either!
Wow, this is obviously a troll, or an absolute idiot-or most likely this is one of the local monopolistic endoscopists locally. You know, the ones who practice medicine like its 1980 and get away with it because they are a monopoly! Many GI bleeds cannot be stopped by endoscopy, for these surgery alone is the answer.
never ever again

Rome, NY

#39 Nov 13, 2015
I was going to write about my horrific experience with him, but being one that believes in Karma- I can't. That being said, his Karma will come one day. It always does. Oh, and to the bimbo recovery room nurse, Karma will get you too!!
Truth

Utica, NY

#40 Dec 1, 2015
He's an absolute horrible awful thing. Not a dr. Ask any GP no one recommends him. He's reckless !! Wants to do unnecessary surgery !!! Gives too much anesthesia ... And knows it bc he doesn't even keep a record of what he have you. Makes jokes that you won't even remember bc he gives you so much .... I believe he lost some of his hospital rights !! That's why he's trying to sell his house ... Keeps dropping price. We all help you sell. Get out of here!!!!
Real truth

Utica, NY

#41 Jun 9, 2016
Truth wrote:
He's an absolute horrible awful thing. Not a dr. Ask any GP no one recommends him. He's reckless !! Wants to do unnecessary surgery !!! Gives too much anesthesia ... And knows it bc he doesn't even keep a record of what he have you. Makes jokes that you won't even remember bc he gives you so much .... I believe he lost some of his hospital rights !! That's why he's trying to sell his house ... Keeps dropping price. We all help you sell. Get out of here!!!!
A. House isn't for sale nor has it been. This is a flat out lie. Anyone with access to Zillow can see that.
B. Who wants to remember what happens during a procedure? I say knock me out!
C. You even admit in your post that he jokes, key word jokes
D..better trained than any other surgeon in town, compare the credentials.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Blaker is leaving Slocum Dickson (Jul '13) 33 min Patient 27
No Downtown hospital 38 min Bum ba low 11
News At rural Upstate NY barn, cock-fighters attache... 46 min WATCHING LIVONIA 10
Otto Warmbier Dies...No. Korea Should Be Accoun... 1 hr ExDemocrat 3
Mass Exodus underway in Utica.... 1 hr CeeYa 6
"The City of Riggies" disappoints 2 hr RashyRiggs 61
Dismiss NHAD 2 hr ooooo 10

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages