Comets win @ home 2-0 !
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sensible fan

Schenectady, NY

#44 Nov 25, 2013
room for both wrote:
I have season tickets for both UC and Comets hockey and enjoy both. It is understandable that UC hockey is D3 and the team plays at a high level for D3. Tickets are cheap and it is a night out for those who can only afford. The AHL is the second best hockey league in the world and we are very fortunate to have this team hear, regardless of affiliation. I am amazed at those who have bashed the Aud leadership and area politicians who basically saved the Aud from extinction. UC plays only 14 home games at the Aud and all are on Friday and Saturday nights so they have the best possible schedule for drawing.It does not matter if they have 380 or 3800 fans because all of the costs are subsidized by the college. The COmets have 16 Friday games 8 Saturday games,3 Sunday games, 4 Tuesday games and 7 Wednesday games which is not the best schedule available yet they still have averaged 3,292 per game through 9 home games so far. UC will most likely sell out most of not all of their games which is fantastic. As for empty seats at the Aud the UC games have way more when they sell out. Businesses buy advertising and get season tickets in return and obviously do not use them. It is up to them to distribute them. This is just the new way of doing business now. Look at the SU game on Saturday when they announced 35 thousand fans were there when actually it is reported a turnstile count of just over 21 thousand. It happens everywhere people. Quit living in the Utica of the 1960's and realize we will be in 2014 in a few weeks.
I for one have not noticed any different prices in the concessions. Please point out what they are if you have the facts. If you think the prices are too high then dont buy anything. Eat and drink befor you come to the game. The game only lasts 2 1/2 hours.
I really feel there are a few negative Nancy's out there who want to spoil what we have in place and stop the momentum.
Most of us love both teams. A few love to bash one or the the other but you are few and far between.
Go Comets - Go UC.
Section 203 FAN
AMEN! This thread should end with this post! Everybody should support both teams here! Lets show some civic pride for cristsakes!!
Jani

Utica, NY

#46 Nov 25, 2013
Im a wife & could care less about either team. I go b/c it's a 'family nite'. I'd much rather be on a shopping trip somewhere than sitting in that aud watching a hockey game. But, I play the 'family' game. And, I play it well.
good times

Utica, NY

#47 Nov 26, 2013
I will be going to the game tonight and I will have FUN !
Hockey Nut

Herkimer, NY

#48 Nov 26, 2013
room for both wrote:
I have season tickets for both UC and Comets hockey and enjoy both. It is understandable that UC hockey is D3 and the team plays at a high level for D3. Tickets are cheap and it is a night out for those who can only afford. The AHL is the second best hockey league in the world and we are very fortunate to have this team hear, regardless of affiliation. I am amazed at those who have bashed the Aud leadership and area politicians who basically saved the Aud from extinction. UC plays only 14 home games at the Aud and all are on Friday and Saturday nights so they have the best possible schedule for drawing.It does not matter if they have 380 or 3800 fans because all of the costs are subsidized by the college. The COmets have 16 Friday games 8 Saturday games,3 Sunday games, 4 Tuesday games and 7 Wednesday games which is not the best schedule available yet they still have averaged 3,292 per game through 9 home games so far. UC will most likely sell out most of not all of their games which is fantastic. As for empty seats at the Aud the UC games have way more when they sell out. Businesses buy advertising and get season tickets in return and obviously do not use them. It is up to them to distribute them. This is just the new way of doing business now. Look at the SU game on Saturday when they announced 35 thousand fans were there when actually it is reported a turnstile count of just over 21 thousand. It happens everywhere people. Quit living in the Utica of the 1960's and realize we will be in 2014 in a few weeks.
I for one have not noticed any different prices in the concessions. Please point out what they are if you have the facts. If you think the prices are too high then dont buy anything. Eat and drink befor you come to the game. The game only lasts 2 1/2 hours.
I really feel there are a few negative Nancy's out there who want to spoil what we have in place and stop the momentum.
Most of us love both teams. A few love to bash one or the the other but you are few and far between.
Go Comets - Go UC.
Section 203 FAN
Great post. I support both teams because I am a hockey fan and they both provide great entertainment. Both are terrific assets to our community.
comets

Clinton, MA

#49 Nov 26, 2013
UC fan wrote:
Only two months into this AHL experiment and Rob is realizing it is a money-draining venture. Why else would his group, that conveniently now runs the Aud, be putting the screws to UC hockey already?
Only 8 Friday and Saturday games for next season? Increased concession prices during (only) UC games? Increased sponsorship fees to air a video advertisement during UC games?
...didn't DuRoss explain to you that having one sell-out for every 4-5 homes games is not a recipe for financial success in the AHL, especially with a smaller arena? Oh, that's right...DuRoss failed with the Devils and Providence Bruins but hey, at least "Mohawk Valley Garden" can sure suck up taxpayer money for renovations for a fruitless venture.
After the "boxes" are installed next year, you'll have one season left to enjoy AHL hockey (for the 2000-2500 of you that show up) before Vancouver breaks the lease and bolts.
Until then, UC has to suffer. Classy, Rob.
actually the suites are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what's planned for the auditorium. This will be the pride of Utica when they are done with everything. Add in the influx of workers from the nanotech and you will have a ahl team here for years to come. Vancouver is one of 30 teams with NHL expansion to come. Both Albany and Hartford have huge buildings that don't draw what Utica is.
safe driver

Utica, NY

#50 Nov 26, 2013
It will probably be a good crowd tonight because of the forecast of bad weather . It seems people like to go out when there's a bad snow storm in the forecast. Drive safely and I'll see you at the game.
hockey

Utica, NY

#51 Nov 26, 2013
I predict a win tonight
old timer

Utica, NY

#52 Nov 26, 2013
We are lucky to have an AHL team here,we all should support it !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Route 5 Relics/Re-Utilize CNY 18 min Confederate 1 20
Oh no, Charles Manson dead !! 20 min Kale 17
Passapusatucci is bye-bye 22 min Hersection8vagatucci 20
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... (Dec '16) 37 min GM fan 49
Joe Biden at Proctors Tonight 39 min Truth 1
NY Mills the new Cornhill 1 hr Very happy 8
LoMedico Wins 1 hr FYI 17
Twin Ponds shoot em up 2 hr the truth 34
One Term Tenney 3 hr Lest We Forget 84
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 6 hr Frank 911