mario

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

two questions how do you know only 8 fri sat next year and what prices did they raise at the concessions i go to both teams games
Comets

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Donns Cherrie wrote:
If you check the points in the standings , we are far from out in the playoff race.
Yea and there's only 4 and a half months left in the season!lol
Comets

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

UC fan wrote:
Only two months into this AHL experiment and Rob is realizing it is a money-draining venture. Why else would his group, that conveniently now runs the Aud, be putting the screws to UC hockey already?
Only 8 Friday and Saturday games for next season? Increased concession prices during (only) UC games? Increased sponsorship fees to air a video advertisement during UC games?
...didn't DuRoss explain to you that having one sell-out for every 4-5 homes games is not a recipe for financial success in the AHL, especially with a smaller arena? Oh, that's right...DuRoss failed with the Devils and Providence Bruins but hey, at least "Mohawk Valley Garden" can sure suck up taxpayer money for renovations for a fruitless venture.
After the "boxes" are installed next year, you'll have one season left to enjoy AHL hockey (for the 2000-2500 of you that show up) before Vancouver breaks the lease and bolts.
Until then, UC has to suffer. Classy, Rob.
HEY RELAX DUDE! IT'S ONLY DIV.3 hockey!NO COMPARISON AT ALL!!
Utica College

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

At least The Comets are made up of talented Canadian kids!, what does Utica College have? They can't even Skate like the guts in the American hockey league!!,
slapanut

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

dasherboard wrote:
They beat the Rochester Americans.
Whoopie... Still a long way from 1st place. Comets will be gone within 5 years.
Hey Allen

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

UC fan wrote:
Only two months into this AHL experiment and Rob is realizing it is a money-draining venture. Why else would his group, that conveniently now runs the Aud, be putting the screws to UC hockey already?
Only 8 Friday and Saturday games for next season? Increased concession prices during (only) UC games? Increased sponsorship fees to air a video advertisement during UC games?
...didn't DuRoss explain to you that having one sell-out for every 4-5 homes games is not a recipe for financial success in the AHL, especially with a smaller arena? Oh, that's right...DuRoss failed with the Devils and Providence Bruins but hey, at least "Mohawk Valley Garden" can sure suck up taxpayer money for renovations for a fruitless venture.
After the "boxes" are installed next year, you'll have one season left to enjoy AHL hockey (for the 2000-2500 of you that show up) before Vancouver breaks the lease and bolts.
Until then, UC has to suffer. Classy, Rob.
screw uc. It's 1/10 th the quality of the ahl. Get over it. It's like watching Hamilton college over nfl.
Porky

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Fatty wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently not you fat & lazy scumbag!Do us a favor and stay in your moms basement, LOSER!
Ooooo. Sounds like somebody isn't getting what they want for Xmas! lol
Dirty Harry

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Final Round wrote:
Ya'll crazy Mo'Fkers payiny $2 for 12oz beers..I can buyz me a kouple of 40 oz for dat
much $$$..let me add 40 andz 40 be 80 oz for $2..
dat's what iz saying..you feel me..
You're a glaring endorsement for RACISM. Now get off the computer you obviously have stolen. Then go back to the home of whatever dumb bitch is supporting you, line up enough "rocks" and 40's, so that you never come out again.
Powerslave

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

I dont go to the games because i work nites, but i hope they continue to win and i support them.

First year out must be rough going but i'll bet in two years time they will be doing well, CNY is if nothing else a Hockey friendly community.

Go Comets!
come on

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

slapanut wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoopie... Still a long way from 1st place. Comets will be gone within 5 years.
Gone or not you'll still have your sad and pathetic life!LOSER!
power play

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

I will be going to the game Tuesday Night because the Comets will be playing in Abbotsford on the weekend. Lets keep the win streak going Comets !!
penalty kill

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Utica College will be playing Morrisville this Friday at 7:00 in the Aud. Let's go Pioneers !!

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Hey Allen wrote:
<quoted text>screw uc. It's 1/10 th the quality of the ahl. Get over it. It's like watching Hamilton college over nfl.
uc still has a loyal following, it is definitely an asset for the community. not everyone is a big enough hockey fan to cough up 15 bucks a game. but i did go with a couple people who go to uc hockey, they couldnt believe the speed of ahl hockey... two totaly different products.
Comet Cheering Section

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Hopefully we can get a good crowd at the Aud tomorrow night. Hope to see you there,we had a very loud crowd Saturday night. We gotta keep the win streak alive. The Comets got the monkey off their back and know how it feels to win in front of a home crowd.
room for both

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

I have season tickets for both UC and Comets hockey and enjoy both. It is understandable that UC hockey is D3 and the team plays at a high level for D3. Tickets are cheap and it is a night out for those who can only afford. The AHL is the second best hockey league in the world and we are very fortunate to have this team hear, regardless of affiliation. I am amazed at those who have bashed the Aud leadership and area politicians who basically saved the Aud from extinction. UC plays only 14 home games at the Aud and all are on Friday and Saturday nights so they have the best possible schedule for drawing.It does not matter if they have 380 or 3800 fans because all of the costs are subsidized by the college. The COmets have 16 Friday games 8 Saturday games,3 Sunday games, 4 Tuesday games and 7 Wednesday games which is not the best schedule available yet they still have averaged 3,292 per game through 9 home games so far. UC will most likely sell out most of not all of their games which is fantastic. As for empty seats at the Aud the UC games have way more when they sell out. Businesses buy advertising and get season tickets in return and obviously do not use them. It is up to them to distribute them. This is just the new way of doing business now. Look at the SU game on Saturday when they announced 35 thousand fans were there when actually it is reported a turnstile count of just over 21 thousand. It happens everywhere people. Quit living in the Utica of the 1960's and realize we will be in 2014 in a few weeks.
I for one have not noticed any different prices in the concessions. Please point out what they are if you have the facts. If you think the prices are too high then dont buy anything. Eat and drink befor you come to the game. The game only lasts 2 1/2 hours.
I really feel there are a few negative Nancy's out there who want to spoil what we have in place and stop the momentum.
Most of us love both teams. A few love to bash one or the the other but you are few and far between.
Go Comets - Go UC.
Section 203 FAN
hockey fanatic

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

room for both wrote:
I have season tickets for both UC and Comets hockey and enjoy both. It is understandable that UC hockey is D3 and the team plays at a high level for D3. Tickets are cheap and it is a night out for those who can only afford. The AHL is the second best hockey league in the world and we are very fortunate to have this team hear, regardless of affiliation. I am amazed at those who have bashed the Aud leadership and area politicians who basically saved the Aud from extinction. UC plays only 14 home games at the Aud and all are on Friday and Saturday nights so they have the best possible schedule for drawing.It does not matter if they have 380 or 3800 fans because all of the costs are subsidized by the college. The COmets have 16 Friday games 8 Saturday games,3 Sunday games, 4 Tuesday games and 7 Wednesday games which is not the best schedule available yet they still have averaged 3,292 per game through 9 home games so far. UC will most likely sell out most of not all of their games which is fantastic. As for empty seats at the Aud the UC games have way more when they sell out. Businesses buy advertising and get season tickets in return and obviously do not use them. It is up to them to distribute them. This is just the new way of doing business now. Look at the SU game on Saturday when they announced 35 thousand fans were there when actually it is reported a turnstile count of just over 21 thousand. It happens everywhere people. Quit living in the Utica of the 1960's and realize we will be in 2014 in a few weeks.
I for one have not noticed any different prices in the concessions. Please point out what they are if you have the facts. If you think the prices are too high then dont buy anything. Eat and drink befor you come to the game. The game only lasts 2 1/2 hours.
I really feel there are a few negative Nancy's out there who want to spoil what we have in place and stop the momentum.
Most of us love both teams. A few love to bash one or the the other but you are few and far between.
Go Comets - Go UC.
Section 203 FAN
I totally agree !

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

room for both wrote:
Go Comets - Go UC.
Section 203 FAN
excellent post!!! and i do the same for the food. if i dont have extra money, eat at home. if i feel like it ill have some food. the food selection is much better than in previous years. love the fries and chicken tenders!!! sounds like uc got spoiled and expects everything to be done for that program even though it dos not rely on ticket sales or other revenue to run that program. good luck to both programs!!!
turkey

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text> excellent post!!! and i do the same for the food. if i dont have extra money, eat at home. if i feel like it ill have some food. the food selection is much better than in previous years. love the fries and chicken tenders!!! sounds like uc got spoiled and expects everything to be done for that program even though it dos not rely on ticket sales or other revenue to run that program. good luck to both programs!!!
I love the pretzels !
season tix holder

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

I hope we get a rowdy crowd Tuesday Night !
Exactly what I thought

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

"Whoopie... Still a long way from 1st place. Comets will be gone within 5 years."

Now you're giving it 5 years? Three months ago you gave it one year. What's it gonna be?

Is it killing you to see that they're averaging over 3,200 fans/game? Imagine that...something successful happening in Utica. Go back to your miserable life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••