ROCCO LaDUCA
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Utica

AOL

#1 Apr 6, 2008
Has anyone noticed the bias LaDuca has against the Utica Police Department? If anyone read his blog or articles during the Cirino trial the only conclusion one could come to, is Cirino didn't do it. Thank god LaDuco wasn't on the jury. Now here comes a one year article on Lindsey's murder and he has the audacity to print two idiots quotes about how "they can understand the police getting shot". This may or may not warrant a story, but not in a one year anniversary story on the brutal slaying of Tom Lindsey. What an asshole.
Hearst

New York, NY

#2 Apr 6, 2008
Freedom of the Press melon head.
Utica

AOL

#3 Apr 6, 2008
Freedon of this dick head. Never said he didn't have the right.
its me

AOL

#4 Apr 6, 2008
Utica wrote:
Has anyone noticed the bias LaDuca has against the Utica Police Department? If anyone read his blog or articles during the Cirino trial the only conclusion one could come to, is Cirino didn't do it. Thank god LaDuco wasn't on the jury. Now here comes a one year article on Lindsey's murder and he has the audacity to print two idiots quotes about how "they can understand the police getting shot". This may or may not warrant a story, but not in a one year anniversary story on the brutal slaying of Tom Lindsey. What an asshole.
Couldn't agree with you more. Another one with short mans syndrome who thinks he is more important than he is. Way to go Dutchess.
Riddler

Waterville, NY

#5 Apr 6, 2008
Here's one for you. LaDuca is way too smart to ever be picked for the jury. Cirino was convicted because he was the Defendant. No one is happy that Lindsey got shot. It was sad and shook the community because anyone that would shoot a cop has no limits on their behavior. LaDuca's article just sends a notice that the hood still remains angry against the white man, against the police and against society in general. What they should really be angry about is the absolute failure of many black men to get an education, to search for work before they go to prison and to just keep it in their pants or at least covered with a condom before sticking it in the yum yum of anything that walks. Its the 40th anniversary of Martin Luther King's speech and they are still in the same place while the rest of society has moved on.

Get off of LaDuca for reporting the news, he didn't make it. As far as his blog is concerned its obvious that the prosecution's case was not that clear, but all of the uniforms, the sadness that a policeman was killed and the Defendant's presence led to his conviction. Anyone in the know, knows that the killer is still out there. Me, I believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy so I believe that we are safer today than we were yesterday.

If you don't like what I am saying too bad.
Utica

AOL

#6 Apr 6, 2008
"LaDuca's article just sends a notice that the hood still remains angry against the white man, against the police and against society in general."

Bullshit, its a crutch the "hood" uses to have an excuse for being lazy. there are far to many success stories from minorities nowadays that blows the "anger against white man theory".

LaDuca is far from smart otherwise he wouldn't be stuck at that rag we call a "newspaper".

"Get off of LaDuca for reporting the news, he didn't make it. As far as his blog is concerned its obvious that the prosecution's case was not that clear"

Sure if you read his freaking blog moron. Attend the trial everday like I did and you will realize the prosecution's case was crystal clear.

"Anyone in the know, knows that the killer is still out there."

Anyone who attended the trial knows the killer was convicted. If you did attend the trial and came to your conclusion then you are moron.
Jury number

New York, NY

#7 Apr 6, 2008
Utica wrote:
"LaDuca's article just sends a notice that the hood still remains angry against the white man, against the police and against society in general."
Bullshit, its a crutch the "hood" uses to have an excuse for being lazy. there are far to many success stories from minorities nowadays that blows the "anger against white man theory".
LaDuca is far from smart otherwise he wouldn't be stuck at that rag we call a "newspaper".
"Get off of LaDuca for reporting the news, he didn't make it. As far as his blog is concerned its obvious that the prosecution's case was not that clear"
Sure if you read his freaking blog moron. Attend the trial everday like I did and you will realize the prosecution's case was crystal clear.
"Anyone in the know, knows that the killer is still out there."
Anyone who attended the trial knows the killer was convicted. If you did attend the trial and came to your conclusion then you are moron.
You have no brain
I M A Moron

Waterville, NY

#8 Apr 6, 2008
If you read what I wrote, I wasn't making excuses for the hood. I too believe that it is an excuse. Perhaps the evidence produced was not as clear as you think. That is why LaDuca could find different interpretations. But of course if you want someone to be found guilty then anything or everything will be CRYSTAL CLEAR. I attended the trial, not all of it, but some of it, and I am not as sure as you are. But then again, I disagree with you so I must be a Moron.
Be Quick

New York, NY

#9 Apr 6, 2008
I M A Moron wrote:
If you read what I wrote, I wasn't making excuses for the hood. I too believe that it is an excuse. Perhaps the evidence produced was not as clear as you think. That is why LaDuca could find different interpretations. But of course if you want someone to be found guilty then anything or everything will be CRYSTAL CLEAR. I attended the trial, not all of it, but some of it, and I am not as sure as you are. But then again, I disagree with you so I must be a Moron.
Kudos to you for realizing that.
Utica

AOL

#10 Apr 6, 2008
"Perhaps the evidence produced was not as clear as you think."

Perhaps it was, they found him guilty.

"That is why LaDuca could find different interpretations."

LaDuca is a douche bag whose articles are always slanted against the UPD.

"I attended the trial, not all of it, but some of it, and I am not as sure as you are."

You should have attended all of it, then you would have came to the same conclusion as the jury.

But no, you attend a portion of it and declare the killer is still out there.

"But then again, I disagree with you so I must be a Moron."

Couldn't have said it better myself.
JoeyT

Utica, NY

#11 Apr 6, 2008
Utica wrote:
Has anyone noticed the bias LaDuca has against the Utica Police Department? If anyone read his blog or articles during the Cirino trial the only conclusion one could come to, is Cirino didn't do it. Thank god LaDuco wasn't on the jury. Now here comes a one year article on Lindsey's murder and he has the audacity to print two idiots quotes about how "they can understand the police getting shot". This may or may not warrant a story, but not in a one year anniversary story on the brutal slaying of Tom Lindsey. What an asshole.
I read that comment today and felt that it was in very bad taste. Not only from the person who said it, but the bias reporter that printed it. Everytime Rocco does any article on the Utica Police Department he always adds a negative with a possitive. Rocco must take into account that Police Officers and loved one second and hated the other second. I have seen several reporters in my time just excuse comments like and thats what he should of done. The focus on the article was about an innocent Police Officer, executed for no reason. Not on the love hated relations with the public. Believe this will spawn from it.
Rocco should of tooken into account that there was sometype of hatred against the Police. Maybe for raiding her drug spot or locking up her babys-Daddy. What ever it is Rocco was wrong. Rocco wonders why the Police don't like him or trust him. Maybe we should look into him.
Art Dunbar

Utica, NY

#12 Apr 6, 2008
Utica wrote:
"Perhaps the evidence produced was not as clear as you think."
Perhaps it was, they found him guilty.
"That is why LaDuca could find different interpretations."
LaDuca is a douche bag whose articles are always slanted against the UPD.
"I attended the trial, not all of it, but some of it, and I am not as sure as you are."
You should have attended all of it, then you would have came to the same conclusion as the jury.
But no, you attend a portion of it and declare the killer is still out there.
"But then again, I disagree with you so I must be a Moron."
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Understand and respect your feelings. But, like Rocco the main subject about the aftermath of Tom Lindsey's death and the effect it has taken on his follow Police Officers. Rocco wanted to and put that monkey wrench into the wheel.

Nice job Rocco, you should feel real proud of yourself.
Art Dunbar

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 6, 2008
I just wanted to come bcak and add that I respect your beliefs and do not debate them. I am upset about Rocco doing what he did.
Utica

AOL

#14 Apr 6, 2008
"You have no brain"

You may want to elaborate or do you just throw names around without backing it up.

"But, like Rocco the main subject about the aftermath of Tom Lindsey's death and the effect it has taken on his follow Police Officers. Rocco wanted to and put that monkey wrench into the wheel."

Rocco really has no clue as to what he is doing. If the monkey wrench you are talkig about are Shelia Berry and Eva Chambers, then he shouldn't feel proud.
Higgins

New York, NY

#15 Apr 6, 2008
LaDuca is a mediocre journalist. He belongs at the O-D.

There've been some awful, awful writers at that rag in the last decade.

What amazes me is that one of them--Jessica Ryen Doyle--was able to get a job in Big Media with her weak writing chops. I think the only other one from the CNY area to get to Big Media in the last few years is David Muir from WTVH.
Retired and Proud

Utica, NY

#16 Apr 6, 2008
Higgins wrote:
LaDuca is a mediocre journalist. He belongs at the O-D.
There've been some awful, awful writers at that rag in the last decade.
What amazes me is that one of them--Jessica Ryen Doyle--was able to get a job in Big Media with her weak writing chops. I think the only other one from the CNY area to get to Big Media in the last few years is David Muir from WTVH.
I was a Police Officer for over 20 years. During my course of employment the job has taken many of twist. The Police Officer today is under a large amount of scrutiny and in often ridiculed for their split second decisions. On the other hand we have had our share of bad Police Officers and as always all Police Officers are judged for the actions of their colleagues. Police Officers are taught not to judge somebody by their mistakes, but some of the public do. Police Officers have instilled into their brains not to be bias, but it's clear that some of the public and media are racist against Police Officers.

The definition of racism:
Racism has many definitions, the most common being that members of one racial group consider themselves intrinsically superior to members of other racial groups. Racism inherently starts with the assumption that there are taxonomic differences between different groups of people. Without this assumption, prejudices against different peoples would be categorized as being prejudices related to national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction.

When Police Officers have the terrible task of responding to a homicide they lay their life’s on the line and dedicated their life’s on apprehending the assailant. As a normal course of the local media(Utica Observer Dispatch) they portray the deceased as an outstanding member of the community and a family man. The Police do not publicly lash out at the victim. The Police do not speak of the 4 ounces of cocaine or gun found in the victims pocket. The Police do not speak of the arrest for rape, drugs, robbery or even murders that the victim might have done. The Police respect the victim and their family and just do there job. In this case Rocco Del'Douche Bag crossed the line and has publicly displayed his racism of the Police.
Just asking

New York, NY

#17 Apr 6, 2008
Utica wrote:
Has anyone noticed the bias LaDuca has against the Utica Police Department? If anyone read his blog or articles during the Cirino trial the only conclusion one could come to, is Cirino didn't do it. Thank god LaDuco wasn't on the jury. Now here comes a one year article on Lindsey's murder and he has the audacity to print two idiots quotes about how "they can understand the police getting shot". This may or may not warrant a story, but not in a one year anniversary story on the brutal slaying of Tom Lindsey. What an asshole.
You guys are way off base. If Rocco LaDuca talks to someone on a particular subject and they offer an opinion which is not "popular", is he (or his editors, who are obviously in the loop on the story) supposed to say, hey we can't put this in the story because its not the politically correct opinion? It's not like its his quote, he's just reporting what someone told him. I can see your point that it might be better placed than in an article about
Tom Lindsay, one year later, but it actually speaks volumes which people would do well to heed. There is still a LARGE segment of the community who feels that the Walter Washington killing was given short shrift by the DA and police and are still left with the feeling, why is it a big deal when a cop is killed, but noone cared when the cops killed a brother? I'm not saying they are correct in that attitude, I'm just saying its definitely out there, as you can tell from the OD article. I predict its going to be a long summer and Roefaro and co. would do well to spend a little more time on the problems in cornhill and a little less time wondering what suit to wear to the latest library gala. The truth hurts.
Utica

AOL

#18 Apr 6, 2008
"I just wanted to come bcak and add that I respect your beliefs and do not debate them. I am upset about Rocco doing what he did."

I miss understood your post. I didn't feel the sarcasm that you intended on your last line.

Retired and Proud excellent post.
honest

Utica, NY

#19 Apr 6, 2008
Why isn't anyone concerned with adressing the riff between citizens and the police--wait--they're all thugs and criminals, all police are always kind and heroic when dealing with them and none of their complaints are legit--right?
Utica

AOL

#20 Apr 6, 2008
Just asking all I have to say is Walter got justice that night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica is a white trash devastated ghetto. Alway... 1 min Utica IS fail 7
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 2 min Utica IS fail 19
Cokehead Comets- 0 profit -taxpayer funded welf... 3 min Cokehead Comets 7
Nano is dead. 4 min Helpless as usual 11
Pat Tysinski's lawsuit probe New Hartford cops.... 5 min Oh Patty 2
Kennedy Plaza Apartments 5 min ugh 20
They lied about nano. 6 min Clintoons Clowns 21
Who funds Mohawk valley EDGE 38 min The Taxpayers are 24
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 55 min hubba hubba 29
Tiger Wood And Lindsey Vonn Nude Photod 1 hr hubba hubba 2
Not All Nazis Are Bad 1 hr Dave 105
High School football in trouble 3 hr Problem 23

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages