Anyone hear anything after the SUNY n...

Anyone hear anything after the SUNY nano job fair?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Chip

Utica, NY

#1 May 12, 2014
Anyone hear anything after the SUNY nano job fair? Just wondering I have 20 years working in chip manufacturing engineering and the job seemed like a good fit.
Goat people

Floral Park, NY

#2 May 12, 2014
Yeah you know what they're hearing? crickets.

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#3 May 13, 2014
A lot heard don't call us we'll call you.
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#4 May 13, 2014
Cuomo is placing the high paying jobs in larger population areas (more voters). Rochester just announced a new technology park, compliments of NY State.

Utica is chasing an elusive dream (that has turned into a perpetual lie by your politicians). You may get a new Pizza Hut.
Aldis Comets Fan

United States

#5 May 13, 2014
Nice in Nigeria wrote:
Cuomo is placing the high paying jobs in larger population areas (more voters). Rochester just announced a new technology park, compliments of NY State.
Utica is chasing an elusive dream (that has turned into a perpetual lie by your politicians). You may get a new Pizza Hut.
No pizza huts! If you think "Stewarts Wars" was bad the wopslop city council of criminals would attack that like it was a meth factory run by Tim Julian.

Pelermos and the Aldis Comets would stage pickets with printed signs. Uticans will settle for nothing NOTHING less than TWO more Aldis before they'll roll over and admit it's dead.
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#6 May 13, 2014
Aldis Comets Fan wrote:
<quoted text>No pizza huts! If you think "Stewarts Wars" was bad the wopslop city council of criminals would attack that like it was a meth factory run by Tim Julian.
Pelermos and the Aldis Comets would stage pickets with printed signs. Uticans will settle for nothing NOTHING less than TWO more Aldis before they'll roll over and admit it's dead.
Utica's politicians know that the "nano" sites are not coming to central NY.

The reason they're going to Rochester is strictly education. Truckloads of out of work engineers and technicians from Kodak, cheap labor pool and an over abundance of skilled and highly skilled immediately available labor. Cuomo and Chuckie Schumer spend a lot of time sucking up to Monroe County. Lots of taxpayer cash flowing in. Thanks, Utica.
aurelio bianco

Tully, NY

#7 May 13, 2014
Chip wrote:
Anyone hear anything after the SUNY nano job fair? Just wondering I have 20 years working in chip manufacturing engineering and the job seemed like a good fit.
Some women have heard from Tony Pissente's office to come to the county bldg. with their resumes and to wear something revealing. They may be eligible for a no-show county job. What does that tell ya?
Utica Positivity Brigade

Utica, NY

#8 May 14, 2014
Chip wrote:

Nope. The same exact job fair format has been done in Rochester and Albany (twice) in 2013. No jorbs were announced from those "interviews." Everyone involved were dead silent after the "jorb fairs" were over.(And yes, they were interviewing people in Albany and Rochester to take the "jeeeeorbs" in Utica)

The Quad-C is to market the "future" chip fab "plant(s)" that they "hope" to get when the Army Corps of Engineers "approve" the construction... which will basically be never. It's (the quad-c) also partially a "classroom" because they apparently don't have any "customers" to rent out all the other non-state-job rooms.

The closes thing I can think of is if you applied to Mascoma Corp in Rome for "wood chip" energy technologies.

If Albany and Rochester were any indication, you won't hear anything... mostly because there's nothing to discuss.
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#9 May 14, 2014
Utica Positivity Brigade wrote:
<quoted text>
If Albany and Rochester were any indication, you won't hear anything... mostly because there's nothing to discuss.
Agree... this is strictly to get a buzz going. No takers to provide those high paying jobs. NY is airing their stupid commercial nationwide (at huge bucks), people are laughing. Tech jobs going south and to California and Colorado.

Jobs flowing out, not in - by the truckload. But the politicians keep baiting the public with "any day now". Poor, stupid people grasping for that tech job that will never materialize. This state is screwed. Big time. Unfortunate, sad... but true.
perry mason

Durhamville, NY

#10 May 14, 2014
Nice in Nigeria wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree... this is strictly to get a buzz going. No takers to provide those high paying jobs. NY is airing their stupid commercial nationwide (at huge bucks), people are laughing. Tech jobs going south and to California and Colorado.
Jobs flowing out, not in - by the truckload. But the politicians keep baiting the public with "any day now". Poor, stupid people grasping for that tech job that will never materialize. This state is screwed. Big time. Unfortunate, sad... but true.
Don't know about Colo. but Toyota told Calif. to go eff themselves by moving their corporate HQ to Texas. The Carolinas & Georgia are also gobbling up alot of jobs from up north.
Guinea Cuomo

New Hartford, NY

#11 May 14, 2014
Anything that grease ball Cuomo is involved in is for show. It's all about reelection folks. Cuomo is the biggest ahole ever elected gov.
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#12 May 14, 2014
Guinea Cuomo wrote:
Anything that grease ball Cuomo is involved in is for show. It's all about reelection folks. Cuomo is the biggest ahole ever elected gov.
Finally, the right answer and the root of all NY State problems. Cuomo has more counterproductive crap going on than anyone can believe.

Can't be trusted. He has to go. He's never seen an entitlement program he doesn't like. New businesses don't pay taxes, but successful NY businesses are taxed to the hilt. Not to mention us.

Clifton Park, NY

#13 May 16, 2014
Add another laid off 225 workers from Remington arms into the nano mix. Lol!
The Wise One

Utica, NY

#14 May 17, 2014
I received a Job offer to make Potato Chips at Quad C!
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#15 May 17, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
Add another laid off 225 workers from Remington arms into the nano mix. Lol!
The nano mix. Funny.

When is it finally arriving? When will I make those big bucks? How many companies do you think will make me a uber high paying job offer?

Clifton Park, NY

#16 May 17, 2014
Nice in Nigeria wrote:
<quoted text>
The nano mix. Funny.
When is it finally arriving? When will I make those big bucks? How many companies do you think will make me a uber high paying job offer?
Sometime around never.
After November

Bronx, NY

#17 May 21, 2014
I am sure Cuomo Brindisi and Griffo have many jobs lined up... for after November of course!

Clifton Park, NY

#18 May 21, 2014
After November wrote:
I am sure Cuomo Brindisi and Griffo have many jobs lined up... for after November of course!
The announcement is coming next Tuesday. Lol!
huntz hall

Auburn, NY

#19 May 22, 2014
When they had the Nano-Fair why do you think Pissente was up there grinning like a hyena? He's laughing at these dressed-up saps who actually think they're gonna get hired to some job that will never materialize. He had no business being up there aside from checking out the honeys.
Nice in Nigeria

Rochester, NY

#20 May 22, 2014
Utica is on to a Bed and Breakfast based model, nano is so yesterday. Tourism is the new nano.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R Kirk & Son Paving (May '14) 2 min cnsumer 28
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 28 min rothman 40
CNY loses Nirvana Water. Sears. Wants nano! 34 min fake cs 3
Nirvana Spring is closing but everything is sti... 2 hr CNY is Awesome 1
Cornhill Fish and Game Club To Hold Jowl Dinner 7 hr GOTRIBES 1
True love 7 hr FRIENDLY Bruce 9
oh AFRICA TO MAKE 14 NANO A9 AND NANO PLATES NA... 7 hr GOTRIBES 1
Comet loyal fans get screwed. 18 hr Cheesecake 5
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) Mon Someonewhoknows 293
More from around the web