NH Girls Basketball
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
politics

United States

#1 Dec 13, 2012
So.......New Hartford's AD's daughter quit the basketball team. Per policy, if a player quits a sport during the season, they can't do a sport the following season. I am willing to bet that she plays lacrosse with my niece in the spring. The rules don't apply to all. I wonder what happened to make her quit.
Hopefully

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
If that's true than it's too bad - hate to see any kid quit - but hopefully she'll be playing LAX in the Spring in another state - no offense to the kid, I'm sure she's really nice - but her daddy needs to be replaced at NH and move somewhere he can treat people badly and get away with it. He and Nole could get a duplex together - say in Alaska!
politics

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Hopefully wrote:
If that's true than it's too bad - hate to see any kid quit - but hopefully she'll be playing LAX in the Spring in another state - no offense to the kid, I'm sure she's really nice - but her daddy needs to be replaced at NH and move somewhere he can treat people badly and get away with it. He and Nole could get a duplex together - say in Alaska!
It is true and it is too bad because she is a very nice girl. I just hope that she was not being harassed because of all that's going on involving her father. No one likes to hear anything negative about their family.
wow

Cambridge, MA

#4 Dec 13, 2012
Her mothers not the assistant coach anymore, She was coached by her mother in most sports all the way up and was guaranteed playing time. When the mother was not coaching the girls did not play as much like soccer where the girls had 3 new coaches in 4 years why? The mother coaches lacrosse also . Lol
sad

Cambridge, MA

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Come on Ed Prue is the easiest guy in the world to play for. Who can't play for Ed?
Come On Man

Utica, NY

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Ed is a great man, as far as the bashing of the other's, look in your mirror. Your glass house must be the cream of your CROP.
politics

United States

#7 Dec 13, 2012
sad wrote:
Come on Ed Prue is the easiest guy in the world to play for. Who can't play for Ed?
Ed is a great guy and maybe too nice for some people's liking. His assistant coach is completely clueless about basketball. Never played basketball and never coached it. The powers to be fought NOT to have Ed coach the team. He was the most qualified but it took months to get him approved. His highly qualified daughter wanted the assistant job but they turned her down. Another NH sport going downhill fast. The BOE will do nothing. They love the AD.
NOle AlvaNOs

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Dec 13, 2012
politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed is a great guy and maybe too nice for some people's liking. His assistant coach is completely clueless about basketball. Never played basketball and never coached it. The powers to be fought NOT to have Ed coach the team. He was the most qualified but it took months to get him approved. His highly qualified daughter wanted the assistant job but they turned her down. Another NH sport going downhill fast. The BOE will do nothing. They love the AD.
Let's play politics "Politics": NOle AlvaNOs or NO School Budget! Tell the BOE it's coming - picket signs, articles in the OD, more BOE embarrassment, the whole deal until they wake up and take action and replace these poor tax payer employees. We need to take back our school and our community and we can do it.
Come On Man

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 13, 2012
You can't live your life hanging on to the coat tails, everyone needs space to grow.
Just In

Gouverneur, NY

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Alvanos' daughter and best friend that just QUIT the varsity girls basketball team will NOT be subject to disiplinary action under school policy like every other student athlete! As per Bob Nole, Superintendent of Schools, and Jennifer Spring, Principal NH HS both girls are allowed to play Spring Sports despite quitting the Basketball Team!! Unbelievable!!! How much more can NH take regarding Nole and Alvanos? When will the citizens and tax payers of NH have enough?? Nole and Alvanos must go!!!!
mike

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 14, 2012
Why see quit team? I have heard rumors they are moving south after the X-mas break. Other daughter is leaving MVCC and going to school in Georgia and the whole family is going too. Any truth?
Who Cares

Newark, NJ

#12 Dec 14, 2012
Really. Who cares?
I care

Gouverneur, NY

#13 Dec 14, 2012
Who Cares wrote:
Really. Who cares?
I work hard for my money and I don't want my taxes spent on a school administration who think they can bully, discriminate, and use the system any way they want to for personal gain. The rest of NH is waking up and starting to care too. It's about time.
wow

Boston, MA

#14 Dec 14, 2012
They took the spots from two girls who would of been honored to be on the team and not considered it a right because of who your parents are. Mike Callan should feel vindicated that all the embarrassment of last year was clearly because of Alvanos and his wife
Jachim

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Right on
Update

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Dec 14, 2012
wow wrote:
They took the spots from two girls who would of been honored to be on the team and not considered it a right because of who your parents are. Mike Callan should feel vindicated that all the embarrassment of last year was clearly because of Alvanos and his wife
Evidently, the reason the girls quit was because Mike Callan went to a basketball game - just went to see and support his beloved Spartans and just like he has done for every home football game in the last 40 years. His presence alone has supposedly caused the 2 girls so much emotional distress that they had to quit. Therefore, they are not at fault for quitting and will be allowed to play Spring Sports as per Nole and Spring.
Jachim

Utica, NY

#17 Dec 14, 2012
lol
meryll streep

Herkimer, NY

#18 Dec 14, 2012
Update wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, the reason the girls quit was because Mike Callan went to a basketball game - just went to see and support his beloved Spartans and just like he has done for every home football game in the last 40 years. His presence alone has supposedly caused the 2 girls so much emotional distress that they had to quit. Therefore, they are not at fault for quitting and will be allowed to play Spring Sports as per Nole and Spring.
Oh, spare the DRAMA!
Update

Gouverneur, NY

#19 Dec 14, 2012
Jachim wrote:
lol
Yep, funny as all get out and it would be even funnier if it wasn't true.
meryll streep

Herkimer, NY

#20 Dec 14, 2012
Update wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyway this can be made into a play for the drama class to perform as a fund raiser?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White teacher frustraded w black students 7 min White Teacher 121
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 9 min SueNY 6,175
the double letter game ** (Jul '11) 12 min SueNY 2,199
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 13 min SueNY 2,242
Kraze 16 min Curious minds 3
cam 25 min Always Aware 3
Name all local musicians that should have made it (Nov '09) 1 hr Crazy 177
prostitution 2 hr Jimmy Kong 30
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 9 hr hahaha 32
Massive Gorilla Fight at Ocean Blue Thu Sospads 31