new hartford wendy's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GUY

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2010
What happened there. within the past hour saw the nysp helocopter, Kirkland PD. OCS, NHPD. KPD pulled away with somoeone cuffed in the back seat.

“SoFunnyAt420”

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 12, 2010
GUY

Nedrow, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2010
Must have been a slow day for these police agencies. The dude stole a TV from a BREAK ROOM? Assuming the TV was worth a couple hundred bucks at most, I'm a bit annoyed with the amount of resources used to capture him. A HELOCOPTER? 2 K9 Units, NHPD, NYSP, OCS. Money well spent. Now they can all pat themself on their backs.
ProPolice

Oneida, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2010
GUY wrote:
Must have been a slow day for these police agencies. The dude stole a TV from a BREAK ROOM? Assuming the TV was worth a couple hundred bucks at most, I'm a bit annoyed with the amount of resources used to capture him. A HELOCOPTER? 2 K9 Units, NHPD, NYSP, OCS. Money well spent. Now they can all pat themself on their backs.
Its not the value of the property its the fact that it was a crime. If you fail to pursue criminals they will repeat the event knowing all they have to do is run and they are home free. A+ for the good guys.
justasking

AOL

#5 Mar 13, 2010
ProPolice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the value of the property its the fact that it was a crime. If you fail to pursue criminals they will repeat the event knowing all they have to do is run and they are home free. A+ for the good guys.
Wendy's and all the other fast food restaurants need to pay their people a LIVING WAGE. While the owners and their "top" people make lots of money the workers make minimum wage and nobody could live on that. It's not that the owners work any harder or deserve more because they are special in some way they are only richer because they take from the poor to live the way they do. I don't eat at Wendy's McDonalds or Burger King because the food will kill you, it's horrible all of it. Unhealthy-meat from China. My dogs won't even eat any of their hamburgers.
John

New York, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>Wendy's and all the other fast food restaurants need to pay their people a LIVING WAGE. While the owners and their "top" people make lots of money the workers make minimum wage and nobody could live on that. It's not that the owners work any harder or deserve more because they are special in some way they are only richer because they take from the poor to live the way they do. I don't eat at Wendy's McDonalds or Burger King because the food will kill you, it's horrible all of it. Unhealthy-meat from China. My dogs won't even eat any of their hamburgers.
does that sex offender still manage the north utica wendys?
Utican

United States

#7 Mar 13, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>Wendy's and all the other fast food restaurants need to pay their people a LIVING WAGE. While the owners and their "top" people make lots of money the workers make minimum wage and nobody could live on that. It's not that the owners work any harder or deserve more because they are special in some way they are only richer because they take from the poor to live the way they do. I don't eat at Wendy's McDonalds or Burger King because the food will kill you, it's horrible all of it. Unhealthy-meat from China. My dogs won't even eat any of their hamburgers.
"The rich get richer, the poor get poorer" That's the American way, that's the way it is and will always be. My personal opinion has always been, that the main element that made America the greatest country on earth is GREED. With capitalism the sky is the limit and with most Americans, including myself, we never have enough money, we always want more.

Since: Nov 09

Oneida, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>Wendy's and all the other fast food restaurants need to pay their people a LIVING WAGE. While the owners and their "top" people make lots of money the workers make minimum wage and nobody could live on that. It's not that the owners work any harder or deserve more because they are special in some way they are only richer because they take from the poor to live the way they do. I don't eat at Wendy's McDonalds or Burger King because the food will kill you, it's horrible all of it. Unhealthy-meat from China. My dogs won't even eat any of their hamburgers.
No one is forced to work at Wendy's, or any place else for that matter, nor are they forced to eat there. The minimum wage was never intended to be something one could "live on" and most of the people working in fast food restaurants are teenagers working part time at their first job. Ever notice the fact that when the minimum wage goes up these jobs are the first to go? Fact is, the minimum wage is "zero". That's what you make when you're out of a job. Want to make big bucks? Get an education, find a job that pays what you think you're worth (if you can get the employer to agree on what you think you think you're worth). Or, I guess all restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores,etc. could just pay all their employees $100,000.00 a year and everyone would be happy, right? By the way, why would you offer your dog a Wendy's hamburger. Haven't you ever heard of Alpo?
white boy

Long Eddy, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2010
SoFunnyAt420 wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x4 27966082/Police-search-for-lar ceny-suspect
i know him... sad what dope will do to a person, maybe jail will help him clean up, hopefully
white boy

Long Eddy, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2010
when i first seen this on the front page of the paper i thought... who'd he kill? they went on a manhunt for a crappy probably out dated TV.. how about all the stabbings and shootings, where is the manhunt for these criminals? they get a tiny little block of text in the police calls page
justasking

AOL

#11 Mar 13, 2010
Oneorient wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forced to work at Wendy's, or any place else for that matter, nor are they forced to eat there. The minimum wage was never intended to be something one could "live on" and most of the people working in fast food restaurants are teenagers working part time at their first job. Ever notice the fact that when the minimum wage goes up these jobs are the first to go? Fact is, the minimum wage is "zero". That's what you make when you're out of a job. Want to make big bucks? Get an education, find a job that pays what you think you're worth (if you can get the employer to agree on what you think you think you're worth). Or, I guess all restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores,etc. could just pay all their employees $100,000.00 a year and everyone would be happy, right? By the way, why would you offer your dog a Wendy's hamburger. Haven't you ever heard of Alpo?
people like YOU are the problem, elitest thinking that one job is more important than another. You can't tell me that Tiger Woods is worth billions hitting a ball on a golf course or selling T shirts with advertising on it..or an owner of a chain restaurant selling shit food should make millions off the backs of people who put in an honest days work...who the hell are you to say what they are worth ? Not every person is capable of getting an "education" but that shouldn't hold him/her back from making a living, supporting a family, owning a home etc. Cheating the poor on their wages is one of the sins that cry out to God . Think about it. You'll answer for it.
yes sir

New York, NY

#12 Mar 13, 2010
I once got a hummer from a wendy's employee in their bathroom there,she was cleaning the sink I whipped it out and she went to town,told me she would never do that for her hubby.

Since: Nov 09

Oneida, NY

#13 Mar 13, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>people like YOU are the problem, elitest thinking that one job is more important than another. You can't tell me that Tiger Woods is worth billions hitting a ball on a golf course or selling T shirts with advertising on it..or an owner of a chain restaurant selling shit food should make millions off the backs of people who put in an honest days work...who the hell are you to say what they are worth ? Not every person is capable of getting an "education" but that shouldn't hold him/her back from making a living, supporting a family, owning a home etc. Cheating the poor on their wages is one of the sins that cry out to God . Think about it. You'll answer for it.
I never mentioned Tiger Woods, and I frankly don't care how much money he makes or how much he's worth. You, on the other hand, seem to think that you should decide when someone has made too much money. Who are you to make that decision? I have worked at minimum wage jobs, just as I have worked at jobs that paid considerably more than minimum wage. That's true of most people I know. As for those owners of chain restaurants you're so angry about, they're probably not individuals, but corporations, who invested their money to create the business that provided jobs for the people you're so worried about. And those corporations are owned by their stockholders, who I hope, receive dividends for taking the risk of investment. Maybe your pension owns some of these stocks. Where you get the notion that paying someone a wage the employee has agreed to accept is somehow "cheating" them is beyond me, but like it or not, not all jobs are equal, and some jobs are going to pay more money than others. I doubt that your lawyer will take your case for minimum wage. Same with your doctor. Ever get a plumber to fix your toilet for minimum wage? Some jobs require more skill and knowledge than others and are, therefore, higher paid than those which require less knowledge or skill. By the way, an "education" doesn't require a college degree -- people can be educated to perform skilled labor, like machinists, electricians, etc. and make pretty good money. A lot of people are self-educated and do very well for themselves. One last thought ...if these chain restaurants which you hate so much are as bad as you seem to think they are, why is it that people go there to eat? Maybe they like the food? If these places all went out of business, what would happen to their employees? They'd end up making "zero", the true minimum wage, as noted in my prior post. Oh, what about the Alpo?

Muldoon

Galeton, PA

#14 Mar 13, 2010
white boy wrote:
when i first seen this on the front page of the paper i thought... who'd he kill? they went on a manhunt for a crappy probably out dated TV.. how about all the stabbings and shootings, where is the manhunt for these criminals? they get a tiny little block of text in the police calls page
Wrong, the police have been looking 4 this guy for 36 hrs. He attempted other larcenies and has been positively identified. So, get your facts straight first. Also, there were narcotics and syringes involved. Good Job NH Police.
my heart bleeds

Cazenovia, NY

#15 Mar 13, 2010
what happened to working 2-3 jobs? i did from 19-22, never a day off, still had time to party, and bills got pd. wah, wah, wah..yeah, and min. wage was 3.10 hr.
justasking

AOL

#16 Mar 15, 2010
Oneorient wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned Tiger Woods, and I frankly don't care how much money he makes or how much he's worth. You, on the other hand, seem to think that you should decide when someone has made too much money. Who are you to make that decision? I have worked at minimum wage jobs, just as I have worked at jobs that paid considerably more than minimum wage. That's true of most people I know. As for those owners of chain restaurants you're so angry about, they're probably not individuals, but corporations, who invested their money to create the business that provided jobs for the people you're so worried about. And those corporations are owned by their stockholders, who I hope, receive dividends for taking the risk of investment. Maybe your pension owns some of these stocks. Where you get the notion that paying someone a wage the employee has agreed to accept is somehow "cheating" them is beyond me, but like it or not, not all jobs are equal, and some jobs are going to pay more money than others. I doubt that your lawyer will take your case for minimum wage. Same with your doctor. Ever get a plumber to fix your toilet for minimum wage? Some jobs require more skill and knowledge than others and are, therefore, higher paid than those which require less knowledge or skill. By the way, an "education" doesn't require a college degree -- people can be educated to perform skilled labor, like machinists, electricians, etc. and make pretty good money. A lot of people are self-educated and do very well for themselves. One last thought ...if these chain restaurants which you hate so much are as bad as you seem to think they are, why is it that people go there to eat? Maybe they like the food? If these places all went out of business, what would happen to their employees? They'd end up making "zero", the true minimum wage, as noted in my prior post. Oh, what about the Alpo?
Skilled labor is not needed today in America or haven't you noticed that the Corporations with the government's blessing have gone overseas taking skilled labor jobs with them. Think as you please, but I believe employers regardless of who they employ should pay an honest pay for an honest day's work, a living wage. Before you start crying that the fast food restaurants can't afford to pay an honest wage check out what people like Tom Clark and upper end managers make at fast food restaurants..they can pay more and should End of story.
moron

Plymouth, MN

#17 Mar 15, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>Skilled labor is not needed today in America or haven't you noticed that the Corporations with the government's blessing have gone overseas taking skilled labor jobs with them. Think as you please, but I believe employers regardless of who they employ should pay an honest pay for an honest day's work, a living wage. Before you start crying that the fast food restaurants can't afford to pay an honest wage check out what people like Tom Clark and upper end managers make at fast food restaurants..they can pay more and should End of story.
skilled labor shipped to china? try getting your toilet fixed by skilled labor shipped to china.

you sound like a communist

Since: Nov 09

Oneida, NY

#18 Mar 15, 2010
justasking wrote:
<quoted text>Skilled labor is not needed today in America or haven't you noticed that the Corporations with the government's blessing have gone overseas taking skilled labor jobs with them. Think as you please, but I believe employers regardless of who they employ should pay an honest pay for an honest day's work, a living wage. Before you start crying that the fast food restaurants can't afford to pay an honest wage check out what people like Tom Clark and upper end managers make at fast food restaurants..they can pay more and should End of story.
There you go again! I didn't say that fast food restaurants couldn't afford to pay more than they do. Stop with the straw man arguments already! I just said that some jobs are worth more than others. That's a fact, not an opinion. And you ignore the fact that Tom Clark invested HIS money in His business which hires His employees at wages They agree to accept. If they're happy with that arrangement, why are you so unhappy with it? Why do you think that it's your business to be telling him or anyone else how much they should be paying their employees? How many jobs have you created? How much do you pay your employees? If you aren't already in business, how about starting one up and creating some good jobs for people. Try a fast food operation, for example, and pay all of your employees $100,000 a year. Everyone can go to work for you. That should solve the problem.
AARP

Middleville, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2010
too bad the residents didnt get ahold of him
white boy

Long Eddy, NY

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Muldoon wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, the police have been looking 4 this guy for 36 hrs. He attempted other larcenies and has been positively identified. So, get your facts straight first. Also, there were narcotics and syringes involved. Good Job NH Police.
yo SMD muldoon, why dont you go back to gettin molested by daddy, it dont matter if they were lookin for him for 36 hours, the point is that it was blown way out of proportion to go on a "manhunt" for a junkie and to put it in the front page, when stabbings and worse crimes get little to no coverage in the paper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 25 min Duuuuh 53
kait hullenbek 48 min Utica boy 4
Prostitutes on the corner of West and South str... (May '13) 1 hr Hooking up 24
Connie degennaro 1 hr watch out 1
******* Use of lethal force in your home *****... 2 hr law 1
Another local Catholic priest on leave over sex... 2 hr Damien 27
Moving To OCJ KNUCS RELOCATION SEX OFFENDER 2 hr twenty seven 7
Fitness Mill Fri LOL 22

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages