Notre Dame - what a joke
Come on

Ithaca, NY

#67 Jan 16, 2014
Love the ND bashing .. All you haters ... Get over it !
Yozzzz

United States

#68 Jan 16, 2014
Love all the kids that can't even read!
ND fan

Ardsley, NY

#69 Jan 16, 2014
Former nd parent wrote:
I am not a fan of nd but that is absolutely untrue about the basketball players.Warmack and Brabham are very good students.If a player is failing,Coach Durr does not allow them to play.
Can you define what a 'very good student' is?
Dave ND Alum

Malone, NY

#70 Jan 16, 2014
Break their balls all you want. At least ND doesn't have metal detecters to get into school. I went to ND in the 70's and you would never see this happen then. Brother Moore could stand in front of the student section and stare and within 10 to 15 seconds the kids would be silent. That only comes from respect. The principle at ND can get no respect. Look what she did to Coach Abraham. You have to give it to get it.
Mrs pelham

Utica, NY

#71 Jan 16, 2014
The ND principle is not a person the respect. The kids have no respect for her...nor do the parents. Most of the kids that go there are kids whose parents are afraid to send to proctor
big shot

Utica, NY

#72 Jan 16, 2014
I thought it very irresponsible of ND to have zero security at the ND v Proctor game. What if something happened when the ND student shouted rapist ? At least at proctor u have security...ND just won't pay. Notre Dame won't even pay for an ambulance at football games. Some kid was laying on the field for 20 min this season waiting for help.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#73 Jan 17, 2014
Dave ND Alum wrote:
Break their balls all you want. At least ND doesn't have metal detecters to get into school. I went to ND in the 70's and you would never see this happen then. Brother Moore could stand in front of the student section and stare and within 10 to 15 seconds the kids would be silent. That only comes from respect. The principle at ND can get no respect. Look what she did to Coach Abraham. You have to give it to get it.
What school in this area has metal detectors. It certainly isn't Proctor.
Truth

Utica, NY

#74 Jan 17, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
What school in this area has metal detectors. It certainly isn't Proctor.
Do they have police officers in the school?
Do they have police officers around the school whenever it's open?
Do they pretty much surround the area around the school in the afternoon at dismissal time in order to keep the peace?

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#75 Jan 17, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have police officers in the school?
Do they have police officers around the school whenever it's open?
Do they pretty much surround the area around the school in the afternoon at dismissal time in order to keep the peace?
Yes they have police (resource) officers in the school. Most large high schools have them including many suburban schools. Yes there are officers patrolling outside after dismissal. When almost 2000 kids are released at the same time it would be wise to have police present. No there are not police officers around the building whenever school is open. That would be a real waste of resources for the city. They are not needed when school is in session. There are relatively few problems during the school day. Contrary to what you are hearing the school is usually pretty calm.
Anthony

Troy, NY

#76 Jan 17, 2014
big shot wrote:
I thought it very irresponsible of ND to have zero security at the ND v Proctor game. What if something happened when the ND student shouted rapist ? At least at proctor u have security...ND just won't pay. Notre Dame won't even pay for an ambulance at football games. Some kid was laying on the field for 20 min this season waiting for help.
Irresponsible? The problem with the people on her is they are so ignorant. Wake up people. Nd does not get the funding that public schools get,therefore they are limited to what they can and cannot have. I think they do pretty darn well for themselves. Again100% graduation rate...100% college...Not putting Proctor down either. Just stating the facts. They DO NOT have the money. They have to rely on private monies. You people just don't get it.
Anthony

Troy, NY

#77 Jan 17, 2014
*here
public educator

Utica, NY

#78 Jan 17, 2014
They do not graduate 100% ND makes that claim...but it absolutely false. They graduate 100% of the kids who make it to their senior year. If you took the kids who entered 9th grade that actually graduate you would have a more realistic number. Lets look at NH for example. They are a nationally ranked school known for outstanding academics and test scores. They do NOT graduate 100%. They dont have the luxury of kicking students out of school. At Notre Dame if you have trouble in school they kick you out and send you back to the public school. If you cant pay tuition they kick you out. So what you have by the time the kids are seniors is a select few kids whose families have met that criteria. ND has no state oversight so it can report whatever it wants. Why doesn't ND publish its avg SAT scores and see how that matches up. I think you would find that New Hartford and many surrounding schools do a better job.
coops

Herkimer, NY

#79 Jan 18, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they have police (resource) officers in the school. Most large high schools have them including many suburban schools. Yes there are officers patrolling outside after dismissal. When almost 2000 kids are released at the same time it would be wise to have police present. No there are not police officers around the building whenever school is open. That would be a real waste of resources for the city. They are not needed when school is in session. There are relatively few problems during the school day. Contrary to what you are hearing the school is usually pretty calm.
o.c. jail has resource officers too. does new hartford have police, sorry resource officers, in the school? how about whitesboro? vvs? those are big suburban schools. do the police literally surround them every day at thye end of the schools day to make sure there is no property damage and fights?
wboro

Utica, NY

#80 Jan 18, 2014
WBoro has nys troopers in the school daily .. I certainly feel better that there are trained security people in our school. Problems can happen in any school. God forbid something happened at ND ..who will stop anything? Sister anna mae who cant even get up out of a chair...gene luthauser ? Another old man who cant walk ? I was glad my daughter went back to wboro
Nd parent

Rome, NY

#81 Jan 18, 2014
public educator wrote:
They do not graduate 100% ND makes that claim...but it absolutely false. They graduate 100% of the kids who make it to their senior year. If you took the kids who entered 9th grade that actually graduate you would have a more realistic number. Lets look at NH for example. They are a nationally ranked school known for outstanding academics and test scores. They do NOT graduate 100%. They dont have the luxury of kicking students out of school. At Notre Dame if you have trouble in school they kick you out and send you back to the public school. If you cant pay tuition they kick you out. So what you have by the time the kids are seniors is a select few kids whose families have met that criteria. ND has no state oversight so it can report whatever it wants. Why doesn't ND publish its avg SAT scores and see how that matches up. I think you would find that New Hartford and many surrounding schools do a better job.
and of course we have the Assistant Principal who grades a senior's research paper after the teacher failed him....why ??? Oh so that fat Principal Anna Mae can say they graduated...what a joke that place is...remember folks it is a catholic institution and look at how the Catholic Church has been hiding and intimidating people for thousands of years
NH Over Everyone

Buffalo, NY

#82 Jan 18, 2014
Fan too wrote:
isn't it true that proctor coach joseph sends his kids to nd
Because it's "safer" you can dress your children into cute sailor costumes. You need not worry for them being in a tussle with piggies. However, you must worry about them sailing the seven teachers dicks, little butt pirates. You also can buy into the church, because let's face it ND is one big indulgence. Nobody goes anywhere at ND, their lucky MVCC accepts them. That's another indulgence but we won't sidetrack. Otica's Proctor doesn't have much room next to ND but honestly...ND is the biggest running joke in central New York
ND parent

Ardsley, NY

#83 Jan 18, 2014
Nd parent wrote:
<quoted text> and of course we have the Assistant Principal who grades a senior's research paper after the teacher failed him....why ??? Oh so that fat Principal Anna Mae can say they graduated...what a joke that place is...remember folks it is a catholic institution and look at how the Catholic Church has been hiding and intimidating people for thousands of years
they only do that during basketball season, Sister likes basketball. Never will you see a starting BB player ineligible while Sister is at ND
Anna Mae

Rome, NY

#84 Jan 18, 2014
That's right because I can snuggle on the bleachers with my lesbian lover...it is obvious this fat thing with an attitude they call Anna Mae is not a catholic because it says in the bible that homosexuality is against god's will...way to go ND having a hethon such as this fat lesbian leading your school
Renk

New Hartford, NY

#85 Jan 18, 2014
public educator wrote:
NH requires students to take AP courses so they can be "ranked". The results of these students are poor compared to other districts but the number of tests taken keeps them "ranked".
Small Correction

Buffalo, NY

#86 Jan 18, 2014
public educator wrote:
New Hartford's graduation rate might as well be 100% we do our best to keep the primates out of the district..along with your other classic utica trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up with all the weird threads?? 1 min right side 7
Usmail Electric BUSTED in State CometsSCAM Audi... 10 min Absolutely Not True 61
On The Mark 22 min mario 44
Sean Hannity Gay 31 min Choochho 7
Paul McCartney sucks 31 min no way 8
How R the Edge Paid Trolls? 31 min The City of Riggies 6
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 32 min Justice 181
tenney 11 hr brady bunch 79

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages