teddy k

New Hartford, NY

#47 Jan 14, 2014
daily wrote:
I was at the game also. Have no alliance to either team. Very enjoyable game. Didn't hear anything that these threads are claiming. The parking was full when I pulled in, so I dropped my wife at the door and parked in the church parking lot across the street. Plenty of parking there. TO the poster with the IP address "united states", get yourself some quotes on refurbishing football and baseball fields and bleachers. You will see why a school not funded by the government has a lot of needs.
take a look at CBA and see how a school funded by the government has very few needs and is quite literally the best school in update N.Y. look at Rochester Aquanis or McQuaid and see excellence. Look at ND and you see a dump
Dean

Utica, NY

#48 Jan 14, 2014
It is in the works for N.D. To become very much like CBA.. I suggest you do your research before you make ignorant statements .
what

New Hartford, NY

#49 Jan 14, 2014
Its not an ignorant statement...ND is nothing like CBA ...in the works...ND enrollment is 167 kids in the entire HS !
nd alum

Raleigh, NC

#50 Jan 15, 2014
yes, andSyracuse and Rochester have about 5 -10 times more area to get kids from
NDFan

Utica, NY

#51 Jan 15, 2014
what wrote:
Its not an ignorant statement...ND is nothing like CBA ...in the works...ND enrollment is 167 kids in the entire HS !
Notre Dame is not CBA but it isn't what you said either. Not sure where you get your enrollment number but it is wrong. Common sense. If you divide your number by the six grades in the school you come up with a class average of about 28 students. That's ridiculous. Notre Dame wouldn't be open if they only had a class average of 28 students. The actual enrollment number is much higher. Anyone interested in the true enrollment should call the school and ask if it is important to you.
ND parent

New York, NY

#52 Jan 15, 2014
NDFan wrote:
<quoted text>
Notre Dame is not CBA but it isn't what you said either. Not sure where you get your enrollment number but it is wrong. Common sense. If you divide your number by the six grades in the school you come up with a class average of about 28 students. That's ridiculous. Notre Dame wouldn't be open if they only had a class average of 28 students. The actual enrollment number is much higher. Anyone interested in the true enrollment should call the school and ask if it is important to you.
if you actually read his post he said there are 167 kids in the High School, not 6 grades. That means in the past 5 years ND has lost 30% of it's enrollment, down from 239 in 2007. ND is a very small school now, and will get smaller.

The main difference between CBA and ND is leadership. CBA is ran by Lasallian Brothers, not some odd nun who has no clue how to lead. A school like CBA would never fire their good football coach over whose kid didn't play in a game. That's why there is a waiting list to get in and why they win section championships.

As long as Anna Mae is in charge, ND will continue to shrink and struggle and be a shadow of its former self.
NDFan

Utica, NY

#53 Jan 15, 2014
ND parent wrote:
<quoted text>
if you actually read his post he said there are 167 kids in the High School, not 6 grades. That means in the past 5 years ND has lost 30% of it's enrollment, down from 239 in 2007. ND is a very small school now, and will get smaller.
The main difference between CBA and ND is leadership. CBA is ran by Lasallian Brothers, not some odd nun who has no clue how to lead. A school like CBA would never fire their good football coach over whose kid didn't play in a game. That's why there is a waiting list to get in and why they win section championships.
As long as Anna Mae is in charge, ND will continue to shrink and struggle and be a shadow of its former self.
You need to get over it. Abraham is gone and not coming back. If football means that much to you then follow him to wherever he lands. In the meantime, stop trying to denigrate Notre Dame. Your posts are nothing more than a transparent effort to punish the school for what you see as a wrongful termination and because you were scolded for the petitions after the fact. It's time to move on.

If someone wants numbers they should call the school and not trust a disgruntled parent for the data or for an objective prediction about the school's future.
former ND parent

Utica, NY

#54 Jan 15, 2014
NDFan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get over it. Abraham is gone and not coming back. If football means that much to you then follow him to wherever he lands. In the meantime, stop trying to denigrate Notre Dame. Your posts are nothing more than a transparent effort to punish the school for what you see as a wrongful termination and because you were scolded for the petitions after the fact. It's time to move on.
If someone wants numbers they should call the school and not trust a disgruntled parent for the data or for an objective prediction about the school's future.
Listen, we are over it and have moved on and made other plans. That doesn't mean we are happy about it, and that we can't share our concerns about how ND has been administered by Anna Mae. She couldn't care less about our concerns and is not good for the school and needs to be replaced. You may feel differently and maybe her style benefits your family in some way.

I don't think your use of disgruntled to describe us is accurate. Disappointed and feel mislead is probably more appropriate. I'm not sure what you mean by being scolded about petitions- don't know what that refers to.

Also, the numbers of enrollment that others have quoted here are readily available online. There is no doubt the school is dramatically shrinking, way more than the loss the public schools have had. I realize you may not like it, but this thing with the football coach will cost ND very good students that would have been there and contributing for the next 3-4 years. Unless your child was sitting the bench because these good students were enrolled at ND, you should be upset by this as they leave. Now they will be a benefit to other schools instead of ND, where they had originally chosen to be.
what

Schenectady, NY

#55 Jan 15, 2014
nd alum wrote:
yes, andSyracuse and Rochester have about 5 -10 times more area to get kids from
Yes indeed...but Syracuse alone has 3 private Catholic schools in addition to charter schools and other privates...Rochester has several Catholic and privates as well....Utica has 1 ! ND will fall just as RCH has done. The leadership will bleed down the money and make people believe there is hope...to no avail Utica and Rome are the same
Truth

Utica, NY

#56 Jan 15, 2014
former ND parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, we are over it and have moved on and made other plans. That doesn't mean we are happy about it, and that we can't share our concerns about how ND has been administered by Anna Mae. She couldn't care less about our concerns and is not good for the school and needs to be replaced. You may feel differently and maybe her style benefits your family in some way.
I don't think your use of disgruntled to describe us is accurate. Disappointed and feel mislead is probably more appropriate. I'm not sure what you mean by being scolded about petitions- don't know what that refers to.
Also, the numbers of enrollment that others have quoted here are readily available online. There is no doubt the school is dramatically shrinking, way more than the loss the public schools have had. I realize you may not like it, but this thing with the football coach will cost ND very good students that would have been there and contributing for the next 3-4 years. Unless your child was sitting the bench because these good students were enrolled at ND, you should be upset by this as they leave. Now they will be a benefit to other schools instead of ND, where they had originally chosen to be.
If you were over it you wouldn't be posting. If you have moved on then you have no concerns when it comes to ND. Just let go and move on. What happens, happens. It has nothing to do with you anymore.

Disgruntled is the perfect description of you. Something happened that you didn't like or agree with. You tried to change it and you failed. Your continued postings do nothing except act as therapy for you to work out your angst and to harm the school in they eyes of anyone misguided enough to listen to you.

Good luck to you and your child(children) who will be a benefit to these other schools. Time to let it go and move on.
ND parent

Bronx, NY

#57 Jan 15, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were over it you wouldn't be posting. If you have moved on then you have no concerns when it comes to ND. Just let go and move on. What happens, happens. It has nothing to do with you anymore.
Disgruntled is the perfect description of you. Something happened that you didn't like or agree with. You tried to change it and you failed. Your continued postings do nothing except act as therapy for you to work out your angst and to harm the school in they eyes of anyone misguided enough to listen to you.
Good luck to you and your child(children) who will be a benefit to these other schools. Time to let it go and move on.
We will let it when we feel like it, which will likely be when Anna Mae has been "resigned". If what we share bothers you, that's a bonus. I couldn't care less what you think.
No More Double Talk

Utica, NY

#58 Jan 15, 2014
The gpa chant has long been used throughout the nation on the college and high school level. It has nothing to do with race. It's a chant used by a school with a higher level of academic reputation against one with a lower when the brainier school is losing, usually badly.
Hello

Pittsburgh, PA

#59 Jan 15, 2014
youtube.com/watch... Off The Wall Joke they are
GPA

Schenectady, NY

#60 Jan 16, 2014
So ND students were chanting GPA to proctor kids alluding to their superior work in the classroom...thats your story ? Well I was at the ND vs New Hartford game and noticed that the ND cheerleaders were absent. When I inquired I was told that all but 2 cheerleaders were failing school and had been suspended from the group. Are your serious...all but 2 cheerleaders were passing? Makes me wonder how many of the basketball players are failing but yet allowed to play ? The great educator ND ... better GPA than the poor kids they were making fun of ... nice job up there for 5000
nd alum

Raleigh, NC

#61 Jan 16, 2014
What bs
ND fan

Danielson, CT

#62 Jan 16, 2014
GPA wrote:
So ND students were chanting GPA to proctor kids alluding to their superior work in the classroom...thats your story ? Well I was at the ND vs New Hartford game and noticed that the ND cheerleaders were absent. When I inquired I was told that all but 2 cheerleaders were failing school and had been suspended from the group. Are your serious...all but 2 cheerleaders were passing? Makes me wonder how many of the basketball players are failing but yet allowed to play ? The great educator ND ... better GPA than the poor kids they were making fun of ... nice job up there for 5000
The starting basketball kids always get "cleared" for their failing grades. It's a running joke at the school. Check out the ND website for honor roll list. Won't see a warmak or bratham on the list.
China boy

New Hartford, NY

#63 Jan 16, 2014
Well you dont have to be an honor student to play basketball. But yes you're right. Never is a basketball kid kept from playing...but 90 % of the cheerleaders take the fall ! Its almost comical !
Marty

Utica, NY

#64 Jan 16, 2014
China boy wrote:
Well you dont have to be an honor student to play basketball. But yes you're right. Never is a basketball kid kept from playing...but 90 % of the cheerleaders take the fall ! Its almost comical !
This is soooo Notre Dame. Anna Mae "ineligibles" the cheerleaders, and clears the basketball players who are failing multiple classes. That is some funny sh!t. There is no way she would keep them off the court for the upcoming Proctor game
Former nd parent

Utica, NY

#65 Jan 16, 2014
I am not a fan of nd but that is absolutely untrue about the basketball players.Warmack and Brabham are very good students.If a player is failing,Coach Durr does not allow them to play.
Face the music

United States

#66 Jan 16, 2014
parents that spend more worrying about ridiculous ND and proctor games than they do that their kids can't read. Dace it crackheads none of your kis are going to be famous if you can't pay for your kid's college I think you planned it all out wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be Proud Utica Ranked At 851 24 min Little Andy 9
Three shots fired incidents in less than 7 hour... 51 min King Andy Duh Wop 2
june lopez meth lab 1 hr jamie 4
Who is stephanie excell 1 hr jeffantalek 27
Jill WKTV 1 hr Da mailman 57
Is Charlie Shove....... 3 hr livewire85 17
YELLOW CLIFFY CRETIN will POST WINDOWS 9 LAB BU... 4 hr DUMB FK GHETTO 19
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 6 hr Wide Bodied Utican 388
Missing U Even More 7 hr u know who 30
Rashy has been sacrificed for the public good 7 hr How 20
Matt Sullivan out of GAIF 10 hr in the know 9
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]