First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sakes Alive 2

Syracuse, NY

#85 Jan 6, 2014
Sakes Alive wrote:
Does anyone have any film of Ilion's teenage band,"Sakes Alive" on Twista Rama (circa.1967)?
No, but my brother played with that band...
old roadrunner

Gouverneur, NY

#86 Apr 10, 2014
hay you can fine the cd on facebook or you tube. It was Hark Brown show Twist a Rama. Take a look and see who it was in 1969. Boy there where the bad years.
old roadrunner

Gouverneur, NY

#87 Apr 20, 2014
hay you can see our bank on you tub it is under Sonata volume 01 that a look and see a thing of the past this show was in 1969.
Taghi

New Hartford, NY

#88 Apr 20, 2014
unkown wrote:
<quoted text>
Don fellone, mary anne leo, bob furgal, tony washington, willie tracy, sal saporito, slivers, janice olivala, donna pugliese, dozens more I can't remember
Great memories! You nailed it! I remeber The "Robbers" Nick Depirio, who would beat you upif you wanted to sing in the band, in fact-he beat up everyone but Zayas.
Cos Costellano , Rich Monoscalchi, lso were in the Robbers.
Marzano55

Norfolk, VA

#90 Jun 7, 2014
spletch wrote:
I remember seeing Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs on his show, way cool, keep rockin' Hank!
I remember dancing with Sam the Sham - I really enjoyed all the Sundays there in Utica - especially since I was from the small village of Dolgeville.
aculver

New Philadelphia, OH

#91 Nov 2, 2014
Bob Belive wrote:
After Dick Clark passed, my memory went directly to Hank Brown and Twist A Rama. I was a kid, born in 1952 and watched the show from Amsterdam New York go on at 1pm right after Big Time Wrestleing.
We were in a band called the Dynamics in 1967 and we were on his show. We took a ride up the Thruway and met a guy named Kevin Gruchy and went to his cellar to record a record to be lip synced on the show. "I'll Be There" Four Tops and "Kind of Drag" The Buckinghams.
What an experience.
I
I believe his name was Keith Gruchy he was a bass player.
Rocco

Utica, NY

#92 Nov 3, 2014
I Remember wrote:
Frankie Conte
Later arrested for having forcible underage sex with a minor while he knew he was HIV positive. Did hard time for that.
Rocco

Utica, NY

#93 Nov 3, 2014
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Later arrested for having forcible underage sex with a minor while he knew he was HIV positive. Did hard time for that.
The minor was a young boy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can we get a White Castle up here? (Jul '09) 16 min Florida 19
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 24 min Honest Babe 1,965
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 40 min Bob 331
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 1 hr williams 183
Baltimore, Md has a dumb mayor 3 hr t politix 2
state testing 4 hr manny 76
Where to watch mayweather pacquiao fight? 5 hr real 1
Hemstroughts half-moons suck now. 5 hr Irene 2
Trattoria Calabria 8 hr loves to eat 4
Albany Devils are averaging 2,522 fans per game... 14 hr Wrong Again 24