hank brown show twist a rama
jo jo

New York, NY

#64 Mar 6, 2013
I have listened to Hank on the radio, I think the guy is full of it. Always brags about I worked with all top name artists that are dead. I think he is in love with himself, I think he has everyone fooled. FCC should come down on him and the radio station he is on. IT Is NOT LEAGEL goodbye Hank you are washed up, go home to liitle falls and sit on a rocker.
Nice guy

Brooklyn, NY

#65 Mar 6, 2013
He is one of the nicest person around. He goes out of his way to help so many. So what if he entertains on the radio, that is his job. I'd listen to him anytime.
Wayne L

Amsterdam, NY

#66 Mar 19, 2013
I grew up in St. Johnsville and played drums and bass guitar in several Mohawk Valley bands in the early 60s. In fact, I think I played for Hank in every VFW, American Legion, and Knights of Columbus hall between Little Falls and Utica. I remember doing Twist-o-rama USA with my group "The Cannibals" in 1964 or 65. The Detergents (Leader of the Laundrymat) were on the same show. They lip-synced and had to borrow our instruments to make it look real. I also played a number of travelling road shows for Hank. I remember one in Herkimer with Freddy Cannon, Johnny Cymbal, and The Belmonts right after they split with Dion. Local groups that I remember at the shows include The Original Playboys and The Cruisers (later known as The Kings Beats) and the group I was in at the time, The Diablos. We also played a show at St. Johnsville that featured Lou Christie, Patty La Belle and the Blubells and late 50s English icon Cliff Richard. It was a lot like the Tom Hanks movie That Thing You Do. Exciting times for young men and I think we made the most of it.
Marty Poopedhisshorts

United States

#67 Mar 19, 2013
Hank Brown is very handsome for an older gentlemen.
Carol Decker Craft

Tucker, GA

#68 Mar 23, 2013
Becky Yetty from Herkimer and her brother were regulars.
I was on the show a few times although I lived in Old Forge at the time, so wasn't able to get there much.
Another regular was Marianne Longale from Little Falls.
pat pirillo

Mansfield, TX

#69 Jun 3, 2013
you can buy the best of twist a rama on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Best-Twist-Rama/dp/B000...
old roadrunner

Ithaca, NY

#70 Jul 11, 2013
I was the drummer for the Roadrunners when to played on the Twist a Rama show. It was a wild time then. Mr Brown was a very nice guy and show men. I'm old now but still think about it.
oldie

Ithaca, NY

#71 Jul 11, 2013
I was on the show a few times. Wish they still had tapes of it to watch. Hank is a nice guy who put on a good local show. His favorite saying was "you 're too much!"
old roadrunner

Ithaca, NY

#72 Jul 11, 2013
We got to save our tape and we play it off and on. It is one way to keep thing alive. We were in high school when we were on his shows. We were on the show a lot. We had a lot of fun.
oldie

Ithaca, NY

#73 Jul 12, 2013
old roadrunner wrote:
We got to save our tape and we play it off and on. It is one way to keep thing alive. We were in high school when we were on his shows. We were on the show a lot. We had a lot of fun.
old roadrunner, have you ever thought of putting your tape on You Tube? I bet it would get a million hits if you let people know it was on there! Myself, it would be awesome IF it happened to be one of the days I was there. What do you say?
old roadrunner

Ithaca, NY

#74 Jul 12, 2013
I will have to check with the gang. It would have to be a joint thing. But will see.
oldie

Ithaca, NY

#75 Jul 13, 2013
old roadrunner wrote:
I will have to check with the gang. It would have to be a joint thing. But will see.
thanks old roadrunner! Keep us posted!
rocker

Enfield, CT

#76 Jul 13, 2013
Hi ebony 123
old roadrunner

Ithaca, NY

#77 Jul 22, 2013
Will I was talking to some of the band members today. We talked over the old days and how we like the Hank Brown show. Yes we do have a tape of our band playing on twist a rama. We just had it put on C.D.'s. I played the Drums and was the lead singer. Will some day I my look into putting the C.D. on you tube just for the fun of it.
Fat Tony Salerno

United States

#78 Jul 22, 2013
Lona wrote:
I used to be a dancer on the show and I think the most well known one was Lynn Brown......It was a lot of fun to do.....dance one week and tape the next weeks show, then stay home and watch it the next week. Brings back so many memories!
I think I remember you, Lona. A cute little brunette if my memory serves me correctly. I danced on the show too. I went by Anthony "Twinkle Toes" Salerno in those days due to my exploits of the football field for ND. I think we might have screwed a couple of times, once down at Sylvan Beach. Those were great times, right Lonnie??
Upstate

Ithaca, NY

#80 Jul 25, 2013
Another regular was Greg Ross from Little Falls. Good guy.
Twisty

Utica, NY

#81 Jul 26, 2013
I actually remember you. You were HOT!
Carol Decker Craft wrote:
Becky Yetty from Herkimer and her brother were regulars.
I was on the show a few times although I lived in Old Forge at the time, so wasn't able to get there much.
Another regular was Marianne Longale from Little Falls.
Sakes Alive

Berkeley, CA

#82 Sep 22, 2013
Does anyone have any film of Ilion's teenage band,"Sakes Alive" on Twista Rama (circa.1967)?
Maryann eversole

Lakeland, FL

#83 Oct 6, 2013
JohnD wrote:
Last I knew he was still alive. Last time was about 2 years ago I saw him. The Twist A Rama show was broadcast on WKTV and back then I used to play in a band and played on his show. We also did a lot of charity events with him, and I used to be a dancer on his show every week.
I use to dance on the show in 1967 haven't thought of those old days in a long time remember Hank john Legrande , frank conte and Jimmy Yette His sister Becky Yette Im from little falls and have been I fl for years , glad to hear Hank is still up n running
Corporate USA

Utica, NY

#84 Dec 31, 2013
How old is Hank Brown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Courtesy 15 min ken 2
Michele Gulla ? 56 min I remember you 29
hatch denied parole (Jul '14) 58 min Victim of the system 13
Gary velletto 1 hr Praz 6
Hillary is DONE 1 hr TRUTH SEEKER 5
Kristin Copeland 1 hr All of New Hartford 40
Amanda Donohue Whitesboro 2 hr Warrierforever 6
Cheaters 3 hr Rob 30
Jill Reales hips 12 hr Randy 29
More from around the web