hank brown show twist a rama

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
comment 1

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jun 4, 2008
name the people that would be on the show weekly?
Sheila

AOL

#2 Jun 4, 2008
I wouldn't know that, but I do know they used to broadcast sometimes form the pool at Beachley's Hotel in Barneveld
Question

United States

#3 Jul 1, 2008
Is Hank Brown still around?
gimme a break

Rome, NY

#4 Jul 1, 2008
Question wrote:
Is Hank Brown still around?
Last I knew, "Hank" was broadcasting, albeit occasionally (as the schedule would permit), mornings on 1550 am radio WUTQ of the "SportsStars" network. The format of his show is the same as it was nearly 50 years ago when he started in Little Falls (WLFH, I think).

If he is still alive, he's got to be at least 70 years old, but last I knew, he still had that Hank Brown wit and personality and used the pet phrase "believe you me".
JohnD

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 10, 2009
Last I knew he was still alive. Last time was about 2 years ago I saw him. The Twist A Rama show was broadcast on WKTV and back then I used to play in a band and played on his show. We also did a lot of charity events with him, and I used to be a dancer on his show every week.
Fruit Cake

New York, NY

#6 Sep 10, 2009
Tony Washington
Ebony1234

Auburn, NY

#7 Sep 12, 2009
Hank Brown is very much alive. He is on the air
every morning from 6:00 am to 9:00 am. Radio station 1550 AM. Plays the best music in the area. Sinatra, Como, Martino, Cole, etc. Listin in. Also has the highest ratings.
I Remember

Auburn, NY

#8 Sep 15, 2009
Frankie Conte

Since: Aug 09

Stockton, CA

#9 Oct 22, 2009
Ebony1234 wrote:
Hank Brown is very much alive. He is on the air
every morning from 6:00 am to 9:00 am. Radio station 1550 AM. Plays the best music in the area. Sinatra, Como, Martino, Cole, etc. Listin in. Also has the highest ratings.
yes he's on the air but the part about the ratings is hard to believe. Both stations broadcast on the AM band with very poor signals compared to their FM counterparts. Hank fumbles through his shift, hah? eh? absolutely! He often lets a CD track to the next song or announce the incorrect artist. He has a ficticous engineer who he blames everytime he messes up. Sad, really.
Ya ok

Auburn, NY

#10 Oct 22, 2009
No actually that's cool we allow him the discrepancies because HES BEEN DOING IT FOR FIFTY F**K*NG YEARS ps watt for watt am travels farther there tootsie!

Since: Aug 09

Stockton, CA

#11 Apr 11, 2010
Ebony1234 wrote:
Also has the highest ratings.
Mr. Brown's station doesn't even register on the Arbitron survey. Sorry to correct you.
radioman

Utica, NY

#12 Apr 15, 2010
Hanks show, the last time arbitron was published (it is embargoed in our area) fall 2008, he pulled a 2.3. Toward the top for AM

The most recent Eastlan ratings (radio profession) have him at 2.2 as an overall station rating.

He is good at what he does, corny yes, but a true radio guy.
http://www.cnyradio.com/ratings-utica-rome/
radioman

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 15, 2010
PS Scotty is not fictitious. Old yes, but real
Michael Wilson

Binghamton, NY

#14 Jun 8, 2010
I would like to contact Mr. Hank Brown about his old Television shows back in the 1960's - Twist-A-Rama.
I am curious if the old shows are in an archive somewhere, my band once played on the show back in 1967-68. I'd love to see what that looks like now.
JohnD wrote:
Last I knew he was still alive. Last time was about 2 years ago I saw him. The Twist A Rama show was broadcast on WKTV and back then I used to play in a band and played on his show. We also did a lot of charity events with him, and I used to be a dancer on his show every week.
Far Off Base

Los Lunas, NM

#15 Jun 8, 2010
FYI People - Look for the TWIST-A-RAMA record (vinyl and CD) on-line. It features local bands' performances from that show and it's a pretty cool conversation piece. Donnie Cieslak and Angie were two regulars on that show.
Twist A Rama

United States

#16 Jun 8, 2010
Who remembers that the theme song was Record Hop Blues by the Quarter Notes?
Sandy Shorts

Cortland, NY

#18 Jun 10, 2010
I actually played on Talent Time which was hosted by Hank Brown. It was somewhere in the early 1970's and I think it was carried on a Little Falls TV station.
spletch

AOL

#19 Jun 11, 2010
I remember seeing Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs on his show, way cool, keep rockin' Hank!
Uh oh

Watertown, NY

#20 Jun 11, 2010
I Remember wrote:
Frankie Conte
The kid that would drop his pants for the right sausage?
Chubby

AOL

#21 Jun 11, 2010
Hank Brown should retire.His audience is over rated.He puts people to sleep and the guy is not well liked even with his small groupof listeners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marcy Nanocenter 3 min Nano saves the day 32
Utica Comets win home opener !!! 4 min 2015 RIP 6
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 7 min Self Of Steam 222
Proctor football should be ashamed. 23 min Ole timer 25
scummy picente 45 min ohyeah 3
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 57 min Picente sucks 42
Bernadette Romano Clark 59 min aurelio bianco 11
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 1 hr Drugs are all ove... 18
David Inserra 1 hr Nope 27
School Principals 15 hr Ray 8