mother

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

did anyone hear what is going on at Brodock....are they selling out?
big meeting with the employees...I heard they are really hurting...
get out

Fayetteville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Another failing business in uterus ny. When they go under, which will be soon, how many job losses will take place
STFU

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

mother wrote:
did anyone hear what is going on at Brodock....are they selling out?
big meeting with the employees...I heard they are really hurting...
Where did you hear they were hurting? Another jug-head like you????
Big Dog

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Used to work there part time The place is run very badly. The owners are greedy and don't care. Equipment is junk. Who ever is buying them had the wool pulled over their eyes.
kissmyazz

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

expensive to have stuff printed there. with the ability to get quotes from other printers within the United States you would think they would be price competitive
Bonner Stabone

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Printing is old news. Some presses will survive but I bet most will go out of business in the next decade as we continue to push the digital envelope and the cost of home or onsite printing goes down.
Nothing but the truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Craig and Barb have sold the company. Case closed.
smart

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

How is a merger a sale. Go back and look at the list of businesses 20 years ago many are gone or moved. Businesses that do not adapt to current market trends go out of business. You need to change in today world to be successful.
WTF

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

I don't care what anyone says about the Brodocks, they kept the place going and kept people employed in a struggling economy and continue to do so. This merger will ensure the place continues to grow and keep people employed, why do some of you continue to put the place down? How would you like being unemployed and struggling to pay your bills and put food on the table for your family??
smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

WTF wrote:
I don't care what anyone says about the Brodocks, they kept the place going and kept people employed in a struggling economy and continue to do so. This merger will ensure the place continues to grow and keep people employed, why do some of you continue to put the place down? How would you like being unemployed and struggling to pay your bills and put food on the table for your family??
agreed how would these people like a merger that took the business to another city. If the business was sold went out of business or something else Brodock would be set for life all the people working there would not. Thank god they merged and kept the business in Utica.
Are you kidding

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Just looking for their exit plan new owners will come in cut jobs and eventually shut them down. Dog eat dog world. And the big dog will eat well.
smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Got a great idea why don't you buy the business make sure all the workers are paid the same. Never fire anyone and after 20 years sell the business for the same money you bought it for. Why don't you and Obama get ur head out of your ass and realize economics 101.
wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Whats the latest down there?? Anyone with the scoop??
brodock sucks

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

New owners are taking things in there own hands, brought in some of there own ppl and want more work done faster on machines that have no maintenance which makes the break down. On a good note they are cleaning up the place and buying parts for machines that really need them.
SUTICA

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

ve the wife
Sick and tired

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

brodock sucks wrote:
New owners are taking things in there own hands, brought in some of there own ppl and want more work done faster on machines that have no maintenance which makes the break down. On a good note they are cleaning up the place and buying parts for machines that really need them.
Yes, all things that should have been done by the previous owners. The only thing they were taking care of was their personal bank accounts without regard of the business or the people that made them well off. When you put money before people you live a sad existence. The new management knows the value of it's employees, they may be strict, but they seem fare.
still printing

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

I heard the wife is buying a new very expensive car.And were not just talking about just a cheap one for 50 grand.How do you think the half dozen new people with new ideas that are turning the company around are going to feel if this happens? I heard the new people came to a dollar amount which was needed to bring the printing equipment back to decent order,an amount which was less than half of barby doll's new [rumored] car.
Been there

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

still printing wrote:
I heard the wife is buying a new very expensive car.And were not just talking about just a cheap one for 50 grand.How do you think the half dozen new people with new ideas that are turning the company around are going to feel if this happens? I heard the new people came to a dollar amount which was needed to bring the printing equipment back to decent order,an amount which was less than half of barby doll's new [rumored] car.
It's all about show and look at me with her, always has been. She used her looks to get where she is today and Craig like most guys fell for the bait. Can't say she's a bad person but her values are warped and puts money ahead of everything. When was the last time you read about their involvement in the community thru charitable donations or community service?
sam

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Name one business that does not drive productivity. The ones you name are no longer in business. Wow buying a 50 k car that is outrageous look as you go down the road there are a ton of 50 k cars. Most people lease cars that are more expensive because it is less than buying.
wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

sam wrote:
Name one business that does not drive productivity. The ones you name are no longer in business. Wow buying a 50 k car that is outrageous look as you go down the road there are a ton of 50 k cars. Most people lease cars that are more expensive because it is less than buying.
What are you talking about? I didn't read about any other companies in this tread.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chili's Grill & Bar in New Hartford (Aug '09) 9 min Frank McBrides Ghost 54
Utica Rescue Mission 10 min Watching You 53
lindsay lemke 10 min Johnny 20
Italian women are the Ultimate Best!!!! (May '12) 12 min Johnny 104
No Fast Food East of Genesee St.. (Aug '09) 14 min Frank McBrides Ghost 16
McDonalds prices??? (Aug '09) 22 min Frank McBrides Ghost 8
Police Consolidation (Jul '09) 24 min Not Free 8
utica aud 44 min Thanks 93
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 2 hr Okay 74
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 3 hr delivery man 12