Should Utica pursue the Meat Processing plant?

Created by Idea on Aug 29, 2013

0 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Idea

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Read in the paper that the Meat Processing Plant plan for Frankfort is in jeopardy. Not a huge fan of pursuing businesses that have/had plans to go to a neighboring town, but if they don't want it there is no harm plus it would still be in the area.

Utica should gently pursue the plant. There are many options as to where they could go. Broad street would be good because its right next to 5S or Whitesboro street because its on the railroad, etc. I hope city leaders take a closer look at it.
'
Okgo

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 29, 2013
thats not a bad idea
Sticks35

United States

#3 Aug 29, 2013
There used to be a hugh meat packing plant on flanagan rd in marcy. Got forced out by the college

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2013
There still is a packing plant in Marcy.
Raymond

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Aug 30, 2013
It's the closest Utica will ever come to a chip plant.
RIP

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 30, 2013
More 8 dollar a hour jobs. I'm sure people will be lined up around the corner for it
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Dracut, MA

#7 Aug 30, 2013
Mr Meat Head wrote:
There still is a packing plant in Marcy.
where is it??????
Lydia

Buffalo, NY

#8 Aug 30, 2013
Good one. We need a slaughterhouse in Utica. Screw the chip plant, they had their chance.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 30, 2013
I think the reason they were looking at Frankfort was because of the low cost of electricity there. Refrigeration equipment takes a large amount of power making electrical costs a major factor in locating a plant.

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Aug 30, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
<quoted text> where is it??????
On Old River Rd. just beyond the prison.
Tomato Pie Face

Schenectady, NY

#11 Aug 30, 2013
Raymond wrote:
It's the closest Utica will ever come to a chip plant.
Lol!!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#12 Aug 30, 2013
RIP wrote:
More 8 dollar a hour jobs. I'm sure people will be lined up around the corner for it
You might want to take another look at your statement. Butchers make a very comfortable living and are very few and far between. This clearly would be an opportunity for many to learn a trade and get a very nice wage in return.
Duke

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 30, 2013
Idea wrote:
Read in the paper that the Meat Processing Plant plan for Frankfort is in jeopardy. Not a huge fan of pursuing businesses that have/had plans to go to a neighboring town, but if they don't want it there is no harm plus it would still be in the area.
Utica should gently pursue the plant. There are many options as to where they could go. Broad street would be good because its right next to 5S or Whitesboro street because its on the railroad, etc. I hope city leaders take a closer look at it.
'
Is the Frankfort Town Board not interested in Economic Developement? The city of Utica is. Mohawk Valley EDGE also should be communicating with Full Circle Packing to get them to invest in Onieda County. This plant would be monitored by the Department of Agriculture and we could require that the plant be ISO certified ensuring that it is clean and safe. A meat processing plant in our area would reduce the energy needed to bring product to this area as well as reducing the cost to local beef producers who must ship their cattle out of the county. It would also fit right into our plan to increase the capacity of manufacturers downstate who are in need of shared services, a plan that Cuomo is promoting for our area. The new New York. We are open for business!
Duke

Utica, NY

#14 Aug 30, 2013
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
I think the reason they were looking at Frankfort was because of the low cost of electricity there. Refrigeration equipment takes a large amount of power making electrical costs a major factor in locating a plant.
What about Boonville?

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 30, 2013
Power is cheaper than -Ilion- in NC and NJ many states. That is no reason to move there and the savings gets eaten up in the New York taxes we studied this in business admin.
Ed the Stud

Buffalo, NY

#16 Aug 31, 2013
Heather knows wrote:
Power is cheaper than -Ilion- in NC and NJ many states. That is no reason to move there and the savings gets eaten up in the New York taxes we studied this in business admin.
You should change that emaciated picture. It creeps me out.
EdW

Denver, CO

#17 Aug 31, 2013
Get a grip, you goofs. We need high tech in Utica, not to step back into the 1950s.

Bring in companies that pay a reasonable wage that will sustain families and encourage growth in our economy.

McDonalds, Olive Garden and a meat packing plant will keep us poor.
Psst

United States

#18 Aug 31, 2013
EdW wrote:
Get a grip, you goofs. We need high tech in Utica, not to step back into the 1950s.
"High tech?" If you think that makes you "high tech", I think you mean "...FORWARD into the 1950s".

This is a no brainer for the local sleaze lazy politicians~

Just call the place "Nano Burgers" and Tada! See? Coumo will show up and start cutting billboard-sized checks to start spending millions on lining pockets and all the voters and upstate dodobirds will think EDGE came thru! Win win situation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study shows Utica - Rome are on the verge of an... 21 min Genius 1
Nano Nano Part 1 24 min Genius 26
Utica is number 1 in job growth , thanks nano 26 min Genius 3
Pedestrian Bridge Collapses 32 min UPD Racist Ape FAIL 6
Study: Utica - Rome WORST economic outlook till... 54 min Real Genius 6
Utica in the 60's 58 min Real Genius 49
Utica is the best place to raise a family on th... 1 hr Real Genius 8
Vitullo Obitary 3 hr Good riddence 10
frozen dome classic 3 hr Frozen Dumb Classic 46
Why is Your County Exec. Touting a Sovereign Na... 3 hr Upscale Outlet Mall 16