Old Utica Psychiatric Center buildings?
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Lazo

Buffalo, NY

#102 Jan 18, 2014
Costly wrote:
It will cost millions and millions of doallars to raze those building. The newer high rise on Noyes is loaded with aesbestos per Tim Julian and can't be used without abatement. Its a shame. The old director's house was stunningly beautiful and justs sitsthere boarded up when it could have been released as a residence. Its just an example of the waste that accounts for the huge taxes in NYS. BTW most of the patients did not have their lives enhanced when they were turned loose without life skills or support.
God forbid the state actually spends the money on something well worth it. Filled with asbestos my rump. That land could be developed for so many different uses...give West Utica something to be proud of. This area is truly one of a kind, especially in the sense of who lives here. There's a bunch of chimps running this town in little tuxedos
patience

Utica, NY

#103 Jan 18, 2014
Have some patience. Some buildings are coming down in 2014. Others need a bit more funding. NY just doesn't have 10,000,000+ to blow on abatement and demolition on one structure. It will come down at some point.
bah

Carthage, NY

#104 Jan 20, 2014
Lazo wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid the state actually spends the money on something well worth it. Filled with asbestos my rump. That land could be developed for so many different uses...give West Utica something to be proud of. This area is truly one of a kind, especially in the sense of who lives here. There's a bunch of chimps running this town in little tuxedos
Yea there is definitely a lack of empty lots in West Utica!

We sure could use a nice empty field where a bunch of building used to be!
grrrldoc

San Francisco, CA

#105 Feb 13, 2015
Hi,

I recently purchased a c. 1950's straight jacket from Utica Psychiatric. It is stamped in two places "South-Side". Is there anyone on the forum that worked there and can tell me anything about that? I am thinking perhaps it refers to the south side of either the east or west wings?

Thanks in advance!
ZZZ

Utica, NY

#106 Feb 14, 2015
so interesting wrote:
I too would like to tour Old Main and the others. Does anyone know whom to contact?
Contact the Utica Heritage Society. They conduct tours during the summer of a variety of old and historic sites throughout the Utica area. Old Main was on their list for summer 2014. I remember reading that more than 1000 people lined up to tour the building.
the one that knows

Raleigh, NC

#107 Feb 16, 2015
grrrldoc wrote:
Hi,
I recently purchased a c. 1950's straight jacket from Utica Psychiatric. It is stamped in two places "South-Side". Is there anyone on the forum that worked there and can tell me anything about that? I am thinking perhaps it refers to the south side of either the east or west wings?
Thanks in advance!
Refers to the south side of the main building that would be the direction of south Utica.
Worked their from 1970- 1989
Paul

San Francisco, CA

#109 Sep 11, 2015
Does anyone know if and where you might find old psychiatric medical records from the Utica State Hospital in New York
A Burden

Gouverneur, NY

#110 Sep 25, 2015
Nobody ever discusses this issue and burden?
John Morrison

Warwick, RI

#111 Apr 1, 2016
turn it into a memorial park kind of like asuwitz in Poland

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd Hunter 17 min Looselips 7
Clinton Queen of Lies 38 min Trumpets 1
First source federal union 44 min DontBe Ajerk 5
Culver Ave park across from Parkway pizza 46 min SlobSmith 5
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 51 min Wow wow 1
wktv mornings 52 min No Life Jerkoff 84
Does anyone know Adel Browne? He's been f**g cr... 53 min Hell ya 10
Blacks in Clinton and New York Mills 59 min Ted 13
Turning stone 10 hr S P L A T 49

Utica Jobs