Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

They are getting rid of a couple of depts again! Seems like it's all peeps with 20+ yrs srvc. NO job there is safe! Everybodys scared! Company is sending these jobs to other companies. Then, they go & hire Indians or young kids outta school so they don't hafta pay 'em nothing! They won't offer 'em much in the line of benefits either! People there with the yrs were looking forward to retirement. Yeah, right!! Beware if you work there!

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Don't haft pay em nothing? Are you from Alabama?
Wow

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

RM?
Marty SmartyPanties

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Have you ever worked one day in your so called life?
one who knows

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

This type of thing is exactly what Corporate America is doing. Long term employees are usually at the higher end of the salary scale and with retirement just around the corner, it all translate to MONEY for these Corporations.

By getting rid of these long term, experienced employees, it saves the Corporation from millions of monies they no longer will have to pay out.

In the long run, these Corporations suffer as no college degree can ever replace the experience level of these long term employees.

Look what happened to Hartford Insurance when they did this. They had to move out of the area and their ITT stock took a nose drive.

Seniority use to be treasured by companies years ago; now, it is only considered a liability!
Also

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

This has been going on for a long time. they just go caught this time. Why do you think the miracle building downtown is half empty? Only United Way is in there now for a UNIG tax write off. So much for revitalizing downtown. Kudos to Doug.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

one who knows wrote:
This type of thing is exactly what Corporate America is doing. Long term employees are usually at the higher end of the salary scale and with retirement just around the corner, it all translate to MONEY for these Corporations.
By getting rid of these long term, experienced employees, it saves the Corporation from millions of monies they no longer will have to pay out.
In the long run, these Corporations suffer as no college degree can ever replace the experience level of these long term employees.
Look what happened to Hartford Insurance when they did this. They had to move out of the area and their ITT stock took a nose drive.
Seniority use to be treasured by companies years ago; now, it is only considered a liability!
Remember things like this when you decide who you do business with. I always take things like that into account when I spend my money.
Reality Check

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

The company is very p0orly run. They are losing business and money. The downtown building was a Doug ego trip. He dreaed he could revitslize the city. There were no new employees in that building. they were just transferred from the New Hartford building What a financial disaster since they lost the tax breaks since they did not deliver on their promises/requirements. How is he helping the city now. He has out-sourced with a company in India which has put employees in New Hartford They are roaming the building all night here (but it is daytime in India.) Thanks for creating local jobs not to mention eliminating hundreds very quietly. Just a couple at a time so it didn't make the news.
crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Updates?
W Springer

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

This is exactly why I am staying out on comp. Money keeps coming and I can get laid awf.
utica tools

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Hiring 'Indians' means 'dots' and not 'feathers' correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheres Riggies IP 19 min Don Dudley 6
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 34 min ilion 5-10 years 35
utica aud 1 hr Cretin is Riggie 56
Say no to unions! 2 hr Riggies 65
Why Do Blacks Walk In The Middle Of The Road. (Dec '11) 2 hr Reality 56
WHAT has GORILLA NOSE STEAL WOOL HAIR AND SAYS ... 2 hr Pray For Him 3
sreggin still looting stealing babies to ra pe ... 2 hr Gibberish 3
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 6 hr Proctor 38
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 6 hr KUCLER 91
utica national (Jun '13) 12 hr secrets 514