hockey hockey hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
slap

Utica, NY

#41 Jun 18, 2013
kim kardashian wrote:
<quoted text>I meant movie stars,famous athletes,rock stars,national recording singers,etc.
ROFLMAO!!! ROFLMAO!! ROFLMAO!!! Yean right. Like some bigshot celebrity gonna come on opening day. You're forgetting this is Utica. Keep dreaming...
Sticks35

United States

#42 Jun 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When one can't contradict facts and has a weak argument, the name calling starts.
Our state is headed down the toilet with people like you leading the parade. Please give an example of when using taxpayer money to subsidize something like AHL hockey has lead to an economic suger that benefitted more than just the well connected few.
I'll give you an example. Are you old enough to remember the Murnane Field renovations that were supposed to be a shot in the arm for the local economy? In hindsight how did that work out for us? I've heard talk in the past few years about another proposed renovation there. I'm guessing that when enough people get on board with that idea we will once again hear about all of the economic benefits an upgrade will bring.
Again, nothing against AHL hockey. I actually enjoy hockey but that isn't the point. If Esche, DuRoss et al feel that they can make AHL hockey a go in Utica then let them finance it. All of it. As it stands the taxpayers of New York are in for $5.25 million and counting and that stinks.
i hate to tell you this, but its all over the state. Onadoga community college got a 12 million grant from the state for new baseball and football fields. Hows that help create jobs. ya it would be nice if the state used the money to create jobs, but it dont work that way. Just be happy utica is finally gettin some love...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scooby dog food smell 20 min concerned 7
Utica Zoo Baby a Giraffe Dead 1 hr Crappy 6
bipolar never fall in love with a bpolar woman (Dec '12) 3 hr annafromrama 258
samantha colossimo TESTA 4 hr San I Am 7
mvwa 4 hr Sam 29
Pie Squared 4 hr yup 12
oh no ]\[lGGERS HIGHEST RATE FOR DISEASES 4 hr EBT CHILD CRUSHERS 54
Work On Aud Improvements 4 hr An Even Better Bu... 479
Syracuse War Memorial Arena Improvements 4 hr An Even Better Bu... 34
OMG! Naked Lexie O'Conner, Jill Reale, and Hill... (Aug '12) 5 hr EBT CHILD CRUSH 28
Joette Mancuso 5 hr EBT CHILD CRUSH 68

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages