hockey hockey hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Newman

Hartford, CT

#21 Jun 17, 2013
"Just like old time hockey !"
Goldie Goldthorpe

Hartford, CT

#22 Jun 17, 2013
I hope we have a couple good fighters on the team , like back in the old days.
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Holland Patent, NY

#23 Jun 17, 2013
Jeff Hansen wrote:
I will be joining the Comets fan club(if they are having one) and be making some road trips to Syracuse,Binghamton, and maybe Albany. Anybody know if the Chicken man is still around ? Can't wait to" heckle" all the opposing teams !!!!
yes chicken man is still alive and well, and I was told he is getting season tickets. we also now have the pair of "green men" just like in Vancouver. gonna be fun, fun, FUN!!!!
Hockey Gods in the Aud

Hartford, CT

#24 Jun 17, 2013
Can you imagine what opening night is going to be like down there ? Management should hire an ambulance to circle the Aud( lights and siren blaring). When Comets score first home goal,the Aud's roof is going to come down !!!! There is going to be a lot of boisterous fans in the seats, I can guarantee that. Heaven help the team whoever plays the Comets first home game !
Peter Puck

Hartford, CT

#25 Jun 17, 2013
Does anybody know when next years schedule comes out ?
Howie Meeker

Hartford, CT

#26 Jun 17, 2013
Can't wait for first home game ! Let's go COMETS !!!
beer bellied hockey fan

Hartford, CT

#27 Jun 17, 2013
I hope beer prices don't go thru the roof !
hope the teams reneges

United States

#28 Jun 17, 2013
I hope something drastically happens that will horrendously embarrasses this dirty low-down area so those owners of this so called hockey team will break all contractual agreements with these jokers from this area including Esche. I hope that it goes down and those local jerks who plunged their dollars as they did with the Boston Store lose everything. I hope there is such humiliation and embarrassment that Utica and this surrounding area ends o the poster child and limericks for the world to see and use as a euphemism.

Hey, Esche's cousin was such a failure as a hockey player that he dropped out and became a jack-me-off trooper and his dad is capitalizing as a proud father-in-law, bull!

I hope they pull out and leave you all shattered. This was all built on corruption and I hope the ladder gets kicked out from underneath and they all fall off their ugly high horses.
ass kicker

Hartford, CT

#29 Jun 17, 2013
hope the teams reneges wrote:
I hope something drastically happens that will horrendously embarrasses this dirty low-down area so those owners of this so called hockey team will break all contractual agreements with these jokers from this area including Esche. I hope that it goes down and those local jerks who plunged their dollars as they did with the Boston Store lose everything. I hope there is such humiliation and embarrassment that Utica and this surrounding area ends o the poster child and limericks for the world to see and use as a euphemism.
Hey, Esche's cousin was such a failure as a hockey player that he dropped out and became a jack-me-off trooper and his dad is capitalizing as a proud father-in-law, bull!
I hope they pull out and leave you all shattered. This was all built on corruption and I hope the ladder gets kicked out from underneath and they all fall off their ugly high horses.
And you sir ,have some serious issues! Why would you want that ?
Level 3

Enfield, CT

#30 Jun 17, 2013
Peter Puck wrote:
Does anybody know when next years schedule comes out ?
the schedule comes out the second half of august. opening night for the league is supposed to be Oct 4th. the comets however will start the first 3 weeks on the road, at the request of the comets to get the Aud done.
Level 3

Enfield, CT

#31 Jun 17, 2013
you must be one sick puppy, the comets have alot of support and they will be fine. its been twenty years since the AHL was here and everyone is excited about this team!! you however sound like a waste of human flesh......
kim kardashian

New York, NY

#32 Jun 18, 2013
Does anybody know if any celebrities are going to be @ the home opener ?
Bent Frame

Ardsley, NY

#33 Jun 18, 2013
Your life must really SUCK. Take a good luck in the mirror. That's what failure looks like.
Truth

Utica, NY

#34 Jun 18, 2013
Or, he can look at Hotel Utica, the vacant City Center, the half empty Utica National building, Pirs & Blake or any one of a number of other tapayer funded failures. That is what failure actually looks like.
Omg

United States

#35 Jun 18, 2013
kim kardashian wrote:
Does anybody know if any celebrities are going to be @ the home opener ?
Brindisi, Griffo, Palmeri, Williams. You know. Utica celebrities.
kim kardashian

New York, NY

#36 Jun 18, 2013
Omg wrote:
<quoted text>Brindisi, Griffo, Palmeri, Williams. You know. Utica celebrities.
I meant movie stars,famous athletes,rock stars,national recording singers,etc.
We Got This

New Hartford, NY

#37 Jun 18, 2013
Hockey Gods in the Aud wrote:
Can you imagine what opening night is going to be like down there ? Management should hire an ambulance to circle the Aud( lights and siren blaring). When Comets score first home goal,the Aud's roof is going to come down !!!! There is going to be a lot of boisterous fans in the seats, I can guarantee that. Heaven help the team whoever plays the Comets first home game !
multiply that x10 if the Crunch are the opponent
idiot

New Hartford, NY

#38 Jun 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
Or, he can look at Hotel Utica, the vacant City Center, the half empty Utica National building, Pirs & Blake or any one of a number of other tapayer funded failures. That is what failure actually looks like.
Depression Complaint #22 from the pothole-hater Truth!!
Truth

Utica, NY

#39 Jun 18, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Depression Complaint #22 from the pothole-hater Truth!!
When one can't contradict facts and has a weak argument, the name calling starts.

Our state is headed down the toilet with people like you leading the parade. Please give an example of when using taxpayer money to subsidize something like AHL hockey has lead to an economic suger that benefitted more than just the well connected few.

I'll give you an example. Are you old enough to remember the Murnane Field renovations that were supposed to be a shot in the arm for the local economy? In hindsight how did that work out for us? I've heard talk in the past few years about another proposed renovation there. I'm guessing that when enough people get on board with that idea we will once again hear about all of the economic benefits an upgrade will bring.

Again, nothing against AHL hockey. I actually enjoy hockey but that isn't the point. If Esche, DuRoss et al feel that they can make AHL hockey a go in Utica then let them finance it. All of it. As it stands the taxpayers of New York are in for $5.25 million and counting and that stinks.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#40 Jun 18, 2013
Your dad should have pulled out. But given that you mom was pulling a train the night you were conceived, it's hard to say if one guy pulling out would have made a difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon's Tap Room 7 min Blind City 1
What are some names of gangs in Utica? 11 min Scared 8
Utica schools off struggling list....lol 41 min cook the books 23
Rob Butler 1 hr playa 13
Monkeys 1 hr Hello hello 4
Mark Ambrose (Jun '11) 1 hr Gina 12
Is Bill Keeler the real deal ? 1 hr For Sale 37
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 1 hr Cut OC Taxes 34
Massive Gorilla Fight at Ocean Blue 17 hr apeout 34

Utica Jobs