Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

West Hartford, CT

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Comets are here.... Aud getting 5 million in improvments.... Local group operating the franchise, six year commitment from vancouver. Cant wait for Octobers Home Opener, sell out gauranteed!!!!!!! Life is good if your a hockey fan!!!!!!!
Educated

Utica, NY

#2 Jun 15, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
Comets are here.... Aud getting 5 million in improvments.... Local group operating the franchise, six year commitment from vancouver. Cant wait for Octobers Home Opener, sell out gauranteed!!!!!!! Life is good if your a hockey fan!!!!!!!
Now we have heard from Dullards Anonymous
Toe Blake

Nassau, NY

#3 Jun 15, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
Think of all the minimum wage jobs this will create! Be sure to keep voting for the same politicians again next election because their doing such a wonderful job!
Sticks35

Springfield, MA

#4 Jun 15, 2013
Toe Blake wrote:
<quoted text>Think of all the minimum wage jobs this will create! Be sure to keep voting for the same politicians again next election because their doing such a wonderful jobo!
truth is most of uticas people would rather sit on their azz all day and collect welfare. Why would you want tax money to pay those lazy clowns.....
Sticks35

Springfield, MA

#5 Jun 16, 2013
P
Educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have heard from Dullards Anonymous
over 500 season tickets sold the first day.. Sure are alot of dullards out there. Goin to get my tix today...comets will be fine
Yep

New York, NY

#6 Jun 16, 2013
As Cliffy said a long time ago, we needed an AHL Hockey team in Utica before other businesses would even consider moving here. I guess now that we have an AHL team this opens the door for other business including a chip plant. Heck with the Utica sign erected, anyone should be able to find Utica, even when it is dark out... AHL Hockey is exactly what Utica needed to attract new business to the area. Go Utica!!
well

Utica, NY

#7 Jun 16, 2013
Sticks35 wrote:
P<quoted text>over 500 season tickets sold the first day.. Sure are alot of dullards out there. Goin to get my tix today...comets will be fine
Yes, there sure are!!
Level 3

West Springfield, MA

#8 Jun 16, 2013
Yep wrote:
As Cliffy said a long time ago, we needed an AHL Hockey team in Utica before other businesses would even consider moving here. I guess now that we have an AHL team this opens the door for other business including a chip plant. Heck with the Utica sign erected, anyone should be able to find Utica, even when it is dark out... AHL Hockey is exactly what Utica needed to attract new business to the area. Go Utica!!
i agree, now we can get some businesses to fill in around the aud to make it a destination pre and post game.. then they really got something goin. theres already a pizza place going in... now theres the start of the new jobs.....
slap

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 16, 2013
Heh wait til they go on a losing streak. Then you'll see fans walking out or not showing up for games. They won't last 3 years...
Level 3

New Britain, CT

#10 Jun 16, 2013
slap wrote:
Heh wait til they go on a losing streak. Then you'll see fans walking out or not showing up for games. They won't last 3 years...
judging by the atmosphere down there today, people cant wait for the season to start. alot of changes to the aud, bringing the old girl up to date. real food at the concessions, two new bars down stairs. video boards and new sound system.... will be a whole differant experiance than the devils era.....
New Hartford Observer

Pompey, NY

#11 Jun 16, 2013
Excited but cautious. Got my tix today and was a little surprised that Rob Esche was not greeting everyone that walked in or went to choose their seats. He has to be out front and sociable to EVERYONE for this to work. A big caution to the organization - DO NOT HIRE TED FAUSS in any capacity.! His ego is far larger than his talent and experience.. not a team 1st type of guy.. he's all for him.
Other than that.. Let's Go Comets!!
teddy

Pompey, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2013
Got our season tickets yesterday. It'll be a great time. Can't wait!
Jojo

Manchester, CT

#13 Jun 17, 2013
I wonder if Tinys will have a shuttle bus from her joint to the Aud for hockey games ?I know she used to support local hockey.
Truth

Utica, NY

#14 Jun 17, 2013
She was in the front row at the press conference.
Bingo

Yorkville, NY

#15 Jun 17, 2013
Congrats Utica! Me and the family will definitely bring our support from Binghamton. Our Sens are in desperate need of a great rivalry again. See you soon!!
Comets

Yorkville, NY

#16 Jun 17, 2013
sticks35 wrote:
<quoted text> judging by the atmosphere down there today, people cant wait for the season to start. alot of changes to the aud, bringing the old girl up to date. real food at the concessions, two new bars down stairs. video boards and new sound system.... will be a whole differant experiance than the devils era.....
Agreed!
lost bingo

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 17, 2013
Bingo wrote:
Congrats Utica! Me and the family will definitely bring our support from Binghamton. Our Sens are in desperate need of a great rivalry again. See you soon!!
2013 3 loses, go loses.
BEER and hot dogs

Manchester, CT

#18 Jun 17, 2013
Back in the day I used to stop @ The Columbia for a quick 3 beers for a little buzz and then walk over to The Aud. Then in between periods I go to the Horton Room for more beers. And after the game, go to Tinys for the final knockout punch. Those were the days !
Truth

Yorkville, NY

#19 Jun 17, 2013
Unlike most out there, I'm glad and in support of Topix. It's a great place to keep all you negative, depressed and sad people to come close and share each other's feelings of anger over our community, plus it keeps you away from the "positive" blogs out there. It's sort of like one, massive prison out on an island...I love it!

GO COMETS!!!
Jeff Hansen

Manchester, CT

#20 Jun 17, 2013
I will be joining the Comets fan club(if they are having one) and be making some road trips to Syracuse,Binghamton, and maybe Albany. Anybody know if the Chicken man is still around ? Can't wait to" heckle" all the opposing teams !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
north utica dunkin 10 min oh no 2
meth lab 16 min sad 1
Dream City Mattress (Aug '10) 55 min What a NO NO 10
LIPUS tooth regrowth (Nov '09) 58 min Deepti 60
Obama Greatest President In History 1 hr Genius 9
Total Newport Exposed 1 hr stanely 3
Robert T Oliveira On Twitter 1 hr LampPost 15
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 2 hr I stand corrected 299
THANKS everyoneWE DID IT Riggies BURNT OUT Lol!! 5 hr rich new tech LOL 30
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 6 hr Sad 67