257 Steakhouse
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Wong

Herkimer, NY

#1 Oct 15, 2011
I see it is reopening under some Bistro name. Lets see if this one last!
Bill

Moravia, NY

#2 Oct 15, 2011
Ah, finally some competition for Piers and Blake.
bobby

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 16, 2011
Who's running the new restaurant?
john denver

Tully, NY

#4 Oct 16, 2011
always liked 257. hope something good opens there.
dragnet

Sherburne, NY

#5 Oct 16, 2011
john denver wrote:
always liked 257. hope something good opens there.
hopefully another classy strip joint!
Spy Girl

New Hartford, NY

#6 Oct 16, 2011
How is the Ancorai restaurant? Is it competition for that?
utica retirement

Santa Barbara, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2011
a former teacher is opening restaurant at 257. dont know if it can compete with ancora..must be nice to have a cushy retirement and open a restaurant.
Just stop

Rome, NY

#8 Oct 16, 2011
"must be nice"what a jerk off, jealous comment. People work hard, get loans, open businesses, it's the way of the world. You should be happy for them not jealous. Must suck to be a loser like you. End of story
Mr Wong

Herkimer, NY

#9 Oct 16, 2011
utica retirement wrote:
a former teacher is opening restaurant at 257. dont know if it can compete with ancora..must be nice to have a cushy retirement and open a restaurant.
You just keep sponging off the welfare system, let the honest hasrd working people pay for your food stamps and free health insurance! Idiot!
P.S. I work my ass off as a self employed person and can't afford insurance at $600 a month yet you welfare scumbags get it handed to you on my dollar!
Bastat

Utica, NY

#10 Oct 16, 2011
utica retirement wrote:
Ooooooh! I hate people with your type of mentality. No one ever said that you could not be a teacher with a nice "cushy" retirement, or a doctor or an astronaut. Don't be jealous of others because they worked hard and accomplished a goal, that is just low class ignorance speaking.
ancora

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 Oct 16, 2011
did the ancora people buy out 257 ?
Hmmmm

San Mateo, CA

#12 Oct 16, 2011
I got horribly sick at 257 a few years back when i worked at SBU .....we went to lunch & afterward I ended up in an ambulance to the hospital. Never ate there again.....
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

#13 Oct 16, 2011
dragnet wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully another classy strip joint!
Good point. There's been a void in town since the Showbar closed.
discavios

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Oct 17, 2011
i miss the old strip club too! them were the days!
Oh please

Long Island City, NY

#15 Oct 17, 2011
utica retirement wrote:
Yes a teacher did open it up, they are leasing the building and took out loans for the work, so while she may have been a teacher for a long time, she is finally doing something wtih the dreams shes always had, Margaret is one of the nicest people Ive ever met, and any one that goes into the bistor will be greated by a cheerful owner, who will go out of her way to make sure everyone is happy, shes a great soul and a i look forward to the grand opening...
Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Oct 17, 2011
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a teacher did open it up, they are leasing the building and took out loans for the work, so while she may have been a teacher for a long time, she is finally doing something wtih the dreams shes always had, Margaret is one of the nicest people Ive ever met, and any one that goes into the bistor will be greated by a cheerful owner, who will go out of her way to make sure everyone is happy, shes a great soul and a i look forward to the grand opening...
The Truth here instead of another doomed to fail business how about a community lounge like in other small towns? probably asking way too much here I guess....
oldtimers

Utica, NY

#17 Oct 17, 2011
what they need ther is another classy strip joint like the old 'dischiavo' days...
Chitty Slicker

Herkimer, NY

#18 Oct 17, 2011
It's going to be called the stone cellar wine bar & bistro. Person opening it is from Clinton. Hope it works out. Lots of good times were had at this place.
agway

Santa Barbara, CA

#19 Oct 17, 2011
is this the same lady that owned an agway and went out of business...i didnt know she was a teacher too. bar and rest. is a tough business.
Paul

Moravia, NY

#20 Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like this is going to be this lady's dream that will soon turn into a nightmare. Let's not forget this is Utica.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 28 min lol 5
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 31 min Full Armour Of God 6,194
Michelle Gulla 49 min curious too 5
top basketball players 52 min uticajock 30
News Utica's iconic Uptown Theatre up for auction, b... 52 min spletch 3
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 53 min spletch 16
Tony pizza 59 min Pizza anyone 1
First source federal union 3 hr Dollars 11
List of OC Pistol Permit holders now online! 3 hr Wrong 12
wktv mornings 10 hr Geroger 91