Three states trying to lure Remington...

Three states trying to lure Remington Arms out of Ilion

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
They will leave the State of New York and will our lazy politcian.
They will do nothing, 1300 people will be displaced, Ilion NY will be a ghost town
speak out

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
They will leave the State of New York and will our lazy politcian.
They will do nothing, 1300 people will be displaced, Ilion NY will be a ghost town
alaska is the best place they will always allow guns in alaska and will never ban them
Sam

Utica, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2013
speak out wrote:
<quoted text>alaska is the best place they will always allow guns in alaska and will never ban them
Yes very good, But we are talking about Remington Arms leaving New York State.
Anonymous

Hoffman Estates, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Really?
Thay spending a lot of time and money to lure a company that employes less than 1500 people?
Which states?
Mississippi, Alabama and the State of stupidity?
Sam

Utica, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Old school Buffalo Guy wrote:
Really?
Thay spending a lot of time and money to lure a company that employes less than 1500 people?
Which states?
Mississippi, Alabama and the State of stupidity?
Does it matter it is 1500 jobs, Texas is one of the States.
The point is if they leave Ilion NY That town is done, pad lock the gate and turn the lights off.
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter it is 1500 jobs, Texas is one of the States.
The point is if they leave Ilion NY That town is done, pad lock the gate and turn the lights off.
The bigger point is that Remington Arms won't be the first company to leave NYS because of its politicians and their need for greed, and it won't be the last. NYS will be done soon enough unless we change it.
Sam

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigger point is that Remington Arms won't be the first company to leave NYS because of its politicians and their need for greed, and it won't be the last. NYS will be done soon enough unless we change it.
We change it, ROFL. It will never change, To many people getting hand outs, That's why taxes are so high, HEAP,Free health insurance, food stamps, SSID, and after the NYS Government cuts all state workers benifits, and taxes keep going up then who will the government blame.for the problems of the state .
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
We change it, ROFL. It will never change, To many people getting hand outs, That's why taxes are so high, HEAP,Free health insurance, food stamps, SSID, and after the NYS Government cuts all state workers benifits, and taxes keep going up then who will the government blame.for the problems of the state .
Sam, you need to check your figures. First, most funding for HEAP, food stamps and health care comes from federal funding which is administered by the state, so the cost is for the administering, not the benefits. I don't know what "SSID" is, but if you mean SSD and SSI, they are federal programs.

In any event, NYS collective welfare spending is approximately 9%, and so is pension spending costs. Protection costs is approximately 7%. Transportation spending is approxmiately 11%. Health care spending is approximately 20%. Education spending is approximately 24%. The remaining 20% is for all other things NYS spends money on.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/new_york_...

Even on the federal level, welfare spending is 10%.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/united_st...
Sam

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, you need to check your figures. First, most funding for HEAP, food stamps and health care comes from federal funding which is administered by the state, so the cost is for the administering, not the benefits. I don't know what "SSID" is, but if you mean SSD and SSI, they are federal programs.
In any event, NYS collective welfare spending is approximately 9%, and so is pension spending costs. Protection costs is approximately 7%. Transportation spending is approxmiately 11%. Health care spending is approximately 20%. Education spending is approximately 24%. The remaining 20% is for all other things NYS spends money on.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/new_york_...
Even on the federal level, welfare spending is 10%.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/united_st...
Ok please tell me where does the funding for the programs come from.
Sam

Utica, NY

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, you need to check your figures. First, most funding for HEAP, food stamps and health care comes from federal funding which is administered by the state, so the cost is for the administering, not the benefits. I don't know what "SSID" is, but if you mean SSD and SSI, they are federal programs.
In any event, NYS collective welfare spending is approximately 9%, and so is pension spending costs. Protection costs is approximately 7%. Transportation spending is approxmiately 11%. Health care spending is approximately 20%. Education spending is approximately 24%. The remaining 20% is for all other things NYS spends money on.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/new_york_...
Even on the federal level, welfare spending is 10%.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/united_st...
All the programs are still funded by tax dollars,
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, you need to check your figures. First, most funding for HEAP, food stamps and health care comes from federal funding which is administered by the state, so the cost is for the administering, not the benefits. I don't know what "SSID" is, but if you mean SSD and SSI, they are federal programs.
In any event, NYS collective welfare spending is approximately 9%, and so is pension spending costs. Protection costs is approximately 7%. Transportation spending is approxmiately 11%. Health care spending is approximately 20%. Education spending is approximately 24%. The remaining 20% is for all other things NYS spends money on.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/new_york_...
Even on the federal level, welfare spending is 10%.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/united_st...
Please show us the chart for New York State welfare spending only
think

Camillus, NY

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok please tell me where does the funding for the programs come from.
The idiot has no clue about the other 100 programs that are paid for, SSI being handed out to people who never paid in one cent, every time a black goes to the emergency room an cost us 200.00 for a paper cut. The massive raise of insurance for when they sue from jumping in front of a car, when they steal it, then drive to walmart to rob it, the rise in cost of products to cove the crooks.

Its a loser, it will never get it.
Well Well Well

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 29, 2013
think wrote:
<quoted text> The idiot has no clue about the other 100 programs that are paid for, SSI being handed out to people who never paid in one cent, every time a black goes to the emergency room an cost us 200.00 for a paper cut. The massive raise of insurance for when they sue from jumping in front of a car, when they steal it, then drive to walmart to rob it, the rise in cost of products to cove the crooks.
Its a loser, it will never get it.
Your stupidity is almost beyond belief. You can't get SSI unless you get SSD, and you can't get SSD unless you worked. Do you get that or must I explain in smaller words?

You emergency room comment is moronic, and the real problem you unwittingly showed is high medical costs, not using the ER.

Your statement about insurance is idiotic. You don't even know what insurance we're talking about. Its health insurance. Your "juming in front of a car" scenario is for auto insurance, you moron.

Please, stay out of the conversation until you at least finish 3rd grade.
Sam

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity is almost beyond belief. You can't get SSI unless you get SSD, and you can't get SSD unless you worked. Do you get that or must I explain in smaller words?
You emergency room comment is moronic, and the real problem you unwittingly showed is high medical costs, not using the ER.
Your statement about insurance is idiotic. You don't even know what insurance we're talking about. Its health insurance. Your "juming in front of a car" scenario is for auto insurance, you moron.
Please, stay out of the conversation until you at least finish 3rd grade.
Well there are many people of this state that have worked, and are collecting SSD at a young age,30 years old and we the tax payers are footing the bill, and to include. ie to much stress in their lives, bad back,bad knees,bad heart, to fat.etc
Anonymous

Hoffman Estates, IL

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter it is 1500 jobs, Texas is one of the States.
The point is if they leave Ilion NY That town is done, pad lock the gate and turn the lights off.
This you see, is why Central NY is an economic wasteland, and why I left 20 years ago and never looked back. The stores in downtown Utica left,and no one did anything Griffiss AFB left, and no one did anything, now Remington is about to leave, and the attitude is you are all doomed.
How about someone in one of those cow towns gets off their ass and does something to attract NEW business,instead of sulking and looking for someone to blame?
think

Camillus, NY

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Well Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity is almost beyond belief. You can't get SSI unless you get SSD, and you can't get SSD unless you worked. Do you get that or must I explain in smaller words?
You emergency room comment is moronic, and the real problem you unwittingly showed is high medical costs, not using the ER.
Your statement about insurance is idiotic. You don't even know what insurance we're talking about. Its health insurance. Your "juming in front of a car" scenario is for auto insurance, you moron.
Please, stay out of the conversation until you at least finish 3rd grade.
Listen welfare loser, do wash toilets for a living you fing clown.

Read slow you fing idiot.

Immigrants who are at the State Mental health facility who never worked a day in their life get SSI checks you fing idiot.
Kids will collect till their 18 even if their parent only worked 6 years and paid in less then what will be paid out and died you fing IDIOT. Now get back to your loser job clown. Our insurance would be 10 times lower if your apes didn't sue, steal, and jump into traffic. Run to your driv thru window before you lose your job. Return the stolen PC that your welfare head knows ZERO about clown.
speak out

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 29, 2013
the Mayor of ilion was on Piers Morgan Tonight
speak out

Utica, NY

#20 Jan 29, 2013
could you imagin ilion a Ghost town whenthey all leave to work in another state
think

Camillus, NY

#21 Jan 29, 2013
Old school Buffalo Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This you see, is why Central NY is an economic wasteland, and why I left 20 years ago and never looked back. The stores in downtown Utica left,and no one did anything Griffiss AFB left, and no one did anything, now Remington is about to leave, and the attitude is you are all doomed.
How about someone in one of those cow towns gets off their ass and does something to attract NEW business,instead of sulking and looking for someone to blame?
Then post in your welfare town, or are all the black crack heads still waiting to steal computers an you have no one to babble to. Probably just another welfare loser using a proxy cause your partner gave you sickle cell an it spiked your skitz.
Sam

Utica, NY

#22 Jan 29, 2013
Old school Buffalo Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This you see, is why Central NY is an economic wasteland, and why I left 20 years ago and never looked back. The stores in downtown Utica left,and no one did anything Griffiss AFB left, and no one did anything, now Remington is about to leave, and the attitude is you are all doomed.
How about someone in one of those cow towns gets off their ass and does something to attract NEW business,instead of sulking and looking for someone to blame?
It will never ever change, and if you left why care and read this form, I love how people post, I left,I could care less about anything,blah blah,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeler on Boston radio 21 min Traveling man 1
area to get new hospital 2 hr Urban Planner 16
Charter School expanding 7 hr Thetruthhurts 4
Two Tone's Tacos 10 hr brain 11
retro fitness 10 hr the mill 19
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 10 hr Doug77 5,942
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 12 hr NYS Teacher 342
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 13 hr rothman 15
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 19 hr Ghost Region 224
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]