Will Utica Ever Get a Starbucks?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Needing Starbucks

Washington, DC

#1 Dec 22, 2012
With so many DD (Dunkin Donuts) opening here, why can't we ever get a Starbucks for a change of pace? We never thought we'd see an Olive Garden and they're coming. What about it folks? Let's hear your comments!!!!
wut

Lowville, NY

#2 Dec 22, 2012
We have a Starbucks. It's in the Barnes and Noble Book store in New Hartford.

Where have you been?
Eat At Joes

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Dec 22, 2012
DD is like McDonald of coffee joints. Its fast java and fast breakfat food.

Cafe Domenico is the better than any star buck!
Only Me

Washington, DC

#4 Dec 22, 2012
That is NOT a Starbucks. Ask them.
Beach bum

United States

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Imagine going downtown for Starbucks. Then imagine paying for a parking spot you happen to find. Then imagine you have a great conversation at this starbucks that goes longer than 30 minutes. Your coffee just got a $50 up charge for a parking violation, then you get usury interest fees nailed to your ticket within days.

That cup of coffee could cost you 100 bucks.

I heard our buffoon say that parking meters work in other upstate cities. Most of these cities are shells of their former selves. It's obvious that the mayor is greatly stretching his powers to pay for Genesee st demolition. It will take millions to repair the damage he is about to inflict on uticas last great street, and remaining economy.

the mayor has given himself unusual powers to spend without taxing, and raising revenue through usury violations.

The city is bankrupt and so is the mayor's authority.
duke

Herkimer, NY

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Beach bum wrote:
Imagine going downtown for Starbucks. Then imagine paying for a parking spot you happen to find. Then imagine you have a great conversation at this starbucks that goes longer than 30 minutes. Your coffee just got a $50 up charge for a parking violation, then you get usury interest fees nailed to your ticket within days.
I heard our buffoon say that parking meters work in other upstate cities. Most of these cities are shells of their former selves. It's obvious that the mayor is greatly stretching his powers to pay for Genesee st demolition. It will take millions to repair the damage he is about to inflict on uticas last great street, and remaining economy.
the mayor has given himself unusual powers to spend without taxing, and raising revenue through usury violations.
The city is bankrupt and noone is speaking up about it. The mayor is concerned with spending more money instead of working on spending LESS. He needs to stop all spending except for gas and police, fire, and DPW equipment parts. Suspend ALL spending until the next fiscal year. And work on reducing the budget proposal for 2013/2014. I will be. Please do not raise my taxes another 10% and do not borrow any more money!?!
Just thinking

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Needing Starbucks wrote:
With so many DD (Dunkin Donuts) opening here, why can't we ever get a Starbucks for a change of pace? We never thought we'd see an Olive Garden and they're coming. What about it folks? Let's hear your comments!!!!
Just make a pot of coffee,Put it on a burner of your stove. Let it steep for 2 days,BINGO STARBUCKS.
Beach bum

United States

#8 Dec 22, 2012
It should be clear to all that anyone that 'grants' taxpayer money to the buffoon administration and the merry band of idiots, hasn't done any due diligence. These people of this administration should never be around taxpayer money. In fact I would say that giving the mayor any financial resources will harm the general economy, generally in ways of nepotism raqueteering and graft.

You would think after DoddFrank legislation it would be illegal to give taxpayer money to bankrupt corporations like Utica. A grant is a gift if Utica has no ability to meet the terms, or conditions of a functioning city.

I'm rhetorically pulling the plug on these slobs. No confidence in any part of city government. Did anyone ask the mayor to redesign Genesee street? I must have missed that request. I bet ya it was his idea! What I want to know is if ford tauruses are exempt from parking fines?

We can discuss the fraud of Utica's financials after Christmas.
CORNELL MAYE

Oxford, NC

#9 Dec 22, 2012
How sad! Just take it for granite that their are several Starbucks in every community in America. I have at least a dozen within a ten mile square radius.
Business will not be attracted to my old homestead until the politics of the area change.

It seems the old guard not willing to let go, leaving a small minority to control commerce.

Well anyway happy holidays to old friends who are left to survive it all.
CORNELL MAYE

Oxford, NC

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>CM I'm glad you're still out there.. and I'm not alone. I know your motivation isn't to annoy them, but I also know your flinging brickbats from afar drives them crazy. Utica has many admirable traits, best admired from afar tho!
Think about it. Living under poor quality life conditions would make you have a whole new feeling on life.

You have a better understanding from the outside looking in.

Guess I can talk because I had many political battles and I would like to think I was on the side of the citizens of Utica NY.
Wish I was able to do more good before I left, but I knew it was time to leave.
CORNELL MAYE

Oxford, NC

#13 Dec 22, 2012
taking the white girl wrote:
MAKING YOUR BLACK WORK.
BLACKs are very, very averse to work of any kind. The BLACKs most prominent anatomical feature, after all, its oversized buttocks, which have evolved to make it more comfortable for your BLACK to sit around all day doing nothing for its entire life. BLACKs are often good runners, too, to enable them to sprint quickly in the opposite direction if they see work heading their way. The solution to this is to *dupe* your BLACK into working. After installation, encourage it towards the cotton field with blows of a wooden club, fence post, baseball bat, etc., and then tell it that all that cotton belongs to a white man, who won't be back until tomorrow. Your BLACK will then frantically compete with the other field BLACKs to steal as much of that cotton as it can before the white man returns. At the end of the day, return your BLACK to its cage and laugh at its stupidity, then repeat the same trick every day indefinitely. Your BLACK comes equipped with the standard BLACK IQ of 75 and a memory to match, so it will forget this trick overnight. BLACK can start work at around 5am. You should then return to bed and come back at around 10am. Your BLACKs can then work through until around 10pm or whenever the light fades.
see perfect example of why business is reluctant to give Utica a try!
the primate take

Fayetteville, NY

#14 Dec 22, 2012
What do you call a BLACK having sex?

Rape

Why do BLACKS cry after sex ?

The mace

How do you stop 5 black guys from raping a white girl?

Throw in a chicken wing

What does a black from NC do after they rape a 12 year old deaf dumb and blind girl?

Brake her fingers so she cant tell her mom
the primate take

Fayetteville, NY

#15 Dec 22, 2012
What did the vile primate from NC ask Santa for Christmas ?

Bleach kit, to get away with more RAPE
the primate take

Fayetteville, NY

#17 Dec 22, 2012
Post your address and see how fast you get your face to look like a primate gutless. Primates run fast out of state after rape.

I dare you coward, post it fa g et lets see what your face looks like.
John H

Fayetteville, NY

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>That's why ANYBODY is reluctant. Now I wonder why they never said that to your face when you worked there, but think it means anything here? Heh.
This entire site has been portraying the corruption of city government. Here we have a black man with a city job that was in enforcement and you don't think there is a possibility this person committed a crime, which the poster is upset or knows they committed a crime and it was sweep under the rug. In your own mind and on the internet I bet you have a incredible job and travel the world.
John H

Fayetteville, NY

#21 Dec 22, 2012
Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>Get it straight that's TWO incredible jobs!
Besides dumbazz I know enough about CM to tell you he don't need to force any sex from a chick. So if "the poster" (you?) wish to take it somewhere more meaningful, and it's true, they would have done so within the last what? Eight years? Sure.
And add to that that we all know who these racial freakout posts come from at Oriskant West because it's funny.. they ALWAYS reveal themselves in motivation and timing and now they have a sticky (hint Joey!) new problem as a result and nobody's going to like what I see is coming around the 1st of January it's just an ugly, ugly, embarrassing thing and that's even my admission. I don't think Chief Williams is going to be very a very happy man after all that. That's all I will say to that for now. Good guys always win, the bad guys end up stuck in the snow up there in their hometown for life.
All your posts look like the makings of a little 14yo, and you have no clue because there was an incident. Nice job on the coward excuse not to post your address, I'm sure people conclude your a big tough guy. I know for a fact you weren't their the night of this incident, so you should just shut your mouth when you don't know.
hello

Herkimer, NY

#22 Dec 22, 2012
You idiots. There is a Starbucks in Utica. Bagg's Square Cafe on Broad Street. They serve the full Starbucks menu.
Stu

Far Rockaway, NY

#23 Dec 22, 2012
Beach bum wrote:
This post is spot on and well said!
Stu

Far Rockaway, NY

#24 Dec 22, 2012
taking the white girl wrote:
MAKING YOUR BLACK WORK.
BLACKs are very, very averse to work of any kind. The BLACKs most prominent anatomical feature, after all, its oversized buttocks, which have evolved to make it more comfortable for your BLACK to sit around all day doing nothing for its entire life. BLACKs are often good runners, too, to enable them to sprint quickly in the opposite direction if they see work heading their way. The solution to this is to *dupe* your BLACK into working. After installation, encourage it towards the cotton field with blows of a wooden club, fence post, baseball bat, etc., and then tell it that all that cotton belongs to a white man, who won't be back until tomorrow. Your BLACK will then frantically compete with the other field BLACKs to steal as much of that cotton as it can before the white man returns. At the end of the day, return your BLACK to its cage and laugh at its stupidity, then repeat the same trick every day indefinitely. Your BLACK comes equipped with the standard BLACK IQ of 75 and a memory to match, so it will forget this trick overnight. BLACK can start work at around 5am. You should then return to bed and come back at around 10am. Your BLACKs can then work through until around 10pm or whenever the light fades.
Couldn't disagree more and I am white.
hank hill

Lake Geneva, WI

#25 Dec 22, 2012
Starbucks is privately owned, not a franchise. If you want one in the Utica area you need to figure out a way to get jobs back in the area and get people off their asses and back to work so that they could afford to buy starbucks overpriced coffe. Otherwise, you'll have to relocate. Or, you could just buy their coffee and make it at home. I buy their tea and make it myself, its alot cheaper than spending $3 for a cup of hot water with a tea bag in it. And, they have the travel mug that looks like their paper cups. This is probably as close as you're going to get anytime soon without driving the thruway everytime you want a cup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brian labella is currently incarcerated in nevada! (Oct '10) 24 min KayEff 46
Unstable Fire Marshall 46 min Notgood 5
12 north sports bar 48 min Interestedviewer 5
Roy Moore 1 hr Stan 68
Wktv teddy bear toss worst show ever 4 hr Blackheart 20
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 4 hr Snopper 1,211
New Hartford plowing bare roads, Who is running... 5 hr Reney 7
Kaitlyn Conley Guilty 8 hr jim 244
NH Hoops Fans 9 hr akjdakd 54
Keeler oweing money 10 hr Taxpayer 44