texas burgers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
happy dude

Rome, NY

#1 Oct 28, 2010
went to eat at texas burgers tonight. burgers were good, but nothing different than any other burger joint, the portion of fries was very small, and if you wanted extras on your burger, you had to pay extra. form what I can remember, the extras were included in the price at 5 guys. wasn't impressed overall with the place. it's only been open a couple days, and when you walk in, it looks like it's been open for a couple years. Also, I figured they would have been very busy for the time that I went, but there was not even 1 person in line when I got there. I wouldn't tell anybody not to at least give it a try, but the next time i'm in the mood for a burger I will probably go to a place I can sit down an be waited on for a few dollars more.
old school

Hancock, NY

#2 Oct 29, 2010
Go to Wendys or Burger King if you want a burger. order the biggie size of fries and youll walk out happy and you can load it up with extras for nothing. Did you smell car wax when you went in there? Your eating your food where cars were cleaned and waxed.. eat near the bakery and thats were the body shop was. Can you say gloss black paint with clear coat on a marble cake????
Jenna

Ithaca, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2010
It was OK - nowhere NEAR as good as 5 Guys. I don't see this place lasting more than a year.
Bad Bad

Memphis, TN

#4 Oct 29, 2010
I'm the one who had the nasty burned Philly steak..,ost post agree with me...1 year tops!
NY Voter

Watertown, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2010
I'll give it a shot. If nothing else it has to be cheaper than 5 guys. Do they have take out?
fat burger

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Oct 29, 2010
i went there today and liked it. the guy who started this thread conveys a nervous attitude, must be part owner of five guys or something. for the record, some toppings are free and some are extra - just like five guys. and yes, the portion of fries you get is smaller than five guys but five guys gives way too much. i mean, their fries taste like ammo rounds scooped from the sand in afghanistan after a military operation and served in a brown paper bag. how much of them do you want? by the way, it was busy as hell in there, too. i bet it sticks around.
Kyle

Ithaca, NY

#7 Oct 30, 2010
I have no dog in this fight - I could care less, but I was very unimppressed with this place today. 5 guys is FAR better...I'd rather pay an extra $3 for a really good burger nad fries than something like I could make at home in 2 seconds which is what TexAS tasted like - not impressed...at all...
every day average guy

Rome, NY

#8 Oct 31, 2010
lol. dude, don't you realize how obvious it is that you either own the place, or work there. everybody on this topic has been rational, and given their honest opinion except for you. even if I liked the place, i would have not put such an obsurd review like you did. but if you want the truth, here it is. it's over priced dog food. cost me 20 bucks for 2 combo meals, and just one burger by itself. you walk into the place, and it looks like total shit. floor is dirty, cracked, and beat up. you look around, and you can see that all the equipment is dirty used stuff, probably from some other of tony's restaurants that failed. it's really a disgrace. You are not gonna have any repeat business. you're gonna get a bunch of people to try it out because it's new, but they won't come back. And i'm sure that you got some guy to sign onto a 1 year lease to run it, and he will end up bankrupt, and loose his house by the time it's done. And next year it will be just another empty building. 5 guys is much much better that your establishment, and the proof is in the pudding. How long has 5 guys been open? You drive there on any given day, and there are more cars there than at your dive. have a nice day you ignorant moron.
fat burger wrote:
i went there today and liked it. the guy who started this thread conveys a nervous attitude, must be part owner of five guys or something. for the record, some toppings are free and some are extra - just like five guys. and yes, the portion of fries you get is smaller than five guys but five guys gives way too much. i mean, their fries taste like ammo rounds scooped from the sand in afghanistan after a military operation and served in a brown paper bag. how much of them do you want? by the way, it was busy as hell in there, too. i bet it sticks around.
fat burger

Whitesboro, NY

#9 Oct 31, 2010
My opinion is "obsurd" because i said it was busy and i bet it sticks around? how much do they pay you to manage five guys? enough to make an ass out of yourself by misspelling simple words (loose his house? seriously? loose? was it too tight?)in public just to convince people you make the better hamburger? i didnt even say anything about the food at texas burger, i just said the fries at five guys taste like ass. but you probably like that! why are you acting so butthurt because i like a different hamburger joint. actually, i HOPE you work there because if you are just some loser (one o!) getting all frustrated about two burger joints i would highly reccomend suicide asap!
every day average guy

Rome, NY

#10 Oct 31, 2010
ha ha ha ha.......which one are you, the one who flips the burgers, or the one who puts the cheese on? bottom line, the place is a dump. if you're gonna open a restaurant, at least make it look nice and new. Your place is a crap hole, and I say your place, because i'm sure you have to be the owner, or the poor sap who somehow got suckered into leasing the business. If you need some advice on how to open a successful burger joint, stop by 5 guys and ask to talk to the manager. Maybe he will help you out.
fat burger wrote:
My opinion is "obsurd" because i said it was busy and i bet it sticks around? how much do they pay you to manage five guys? enough to make an ass out of yourself by misspelling simple words (loose his house? seriously? loose? was it too tight?)in public just to convince people you make the better hamburger? i didnt even say anything about the food at texas burger, i just said the fries at five guys taste like ass. but you probably like that! why are you acting so butthurt because i like a different hamburger joint. actually, i HOPE you work there because if you are just some loser (one o!) getting all frustrated about two burger joints i would highly reccomend suicide asap!
Stereotyping

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 31, 2010
every day average guy wrote:
lol. dude, don't you realize how obvious it is that you either own the place, or work there. everybody on this topic has been rational, and given their honest opinion except for you. even if I liked the place, i would have not put such an obsurd review like you did. but if you want the truth, here it is. it's over priced dog food. cost me 20 bucks for 2 combo meals, and just one burger by itself. you walk into the place, and it looks like total shit. floor is dirty, cracked, and beat up. you look around, and you can see that all the equipment is dirty used stuff, probably from some other of tony's restaurants that failed. it's really a disgrace. You are not gonna have any repeat business. you're gonna get a bunch of people to try it out because it's new, but they won't come back. And i'm sure that you got some guy to sign onto a 1 year lease to run it, and he will end up bankrupt, and loose his house by the time it's done. And next year it will be just another empty building. 5 guys is much much better that your establishment, and the proof is in the pudding. How long has 5 guys been open? You drive there on any given day, and there are more cars there than at your dive. have a nice day you ignorant moron.
<quoted text>
Went to 5 guys and it was pretty good considering i'm not a huge burger fan. The one complaint is that they should turn the music down and the heat up. It was cold as fuk in there for oct 31 and I like the cold weather. My other complaint was watching the white girl pay for her black boyfriends meal and then they jumped in a silver SUV(honda or toyota) that of course she was driving. No surprise there. Went to Lowes afterward and once again i see the white women carting the black guy around. I'm ok with interracial relationships but GOD DAMN don't you black guys have no shame?
charlie

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Nov 1, 2010
every day average guy wrote:
ha ha ha ha.......which one are you, the one who flips the burgers, or the one who puts the cheese on? bottom line, the place is a dump. if you're gonna open a restaurant, at least make it look nice and new. Your place is a crap hole, and I say your place, because i'm sure you have to be the owner, or the poor sap who somehow got suckered into leasing the business. If you need some advice on how to open a successful burger joint, stop by 5 guys and ask to talk to the manager. Maybe he will help you out.
<quoted text>
Dude, you should be hiding yourself under a rock after the way that guy just verbally slayed you. He said the fries taste like ass, but you probably like that. lol! i like five guys too, never been to texas burger and probably never will, but i gotta say the texas burger guy DESTROYED YOU on here!
NY Voter

Watertown, NY

#13 Nov 1, 2010
Once again, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. It's only a hamburger for god's sake. I may not even get there until next spring as I don't revolve my day around getting a hamburger. Odd how a burger joint spurs so much hate on Topix but when a new Taco Bell or Walgreen's or Dunkin Donuts, etc.......(you get the point).....we just live with it.
burger warrior

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Nov 1, 2010
yeah, its pretty clear that "every day average guy" is the owner/manager of five guys and its been mostly him under various names attacking texas burger. kind of sad... really, there is enough room for two burger joints in one city. i mean, why go out of your way to call yourself "average everyday guy"? lol... what an assclown.
same ol crap

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2010
just another fast food stop n go
Freddy Freeman

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 1, 2010
happy dude wrote:
went to eat at texas burgers tonight. burgers were good, but nothing different than any other burger joint, the portion of fries was very small, and if you wanted extras on your burger, you had to pay extra. form what I can remember, the extras were included in the price at 5 guys. wasn't impressed overall with the place. it's only been open a couple days, and when you walk in, it looks like it's been open for a couple years. Also, I figured they would have been very busy for the time that I went, but there was not even 1 person in line when I got there. I wouldn't tell anybody not to at least give it a try, but the next time i'm in the mood for a burger I will probably go to a place I can sit down an be waited on for a few dollars more.
Five Guys is worried about Texas Burgers like McDonald's is worried about Voss.
Sally

Fremont, CA

#17 Nov 1, 2010
texas burgers is not even as good as mcdonalds. once was enough for me. yuck.
The Judge

Whitesboro, NY

#18 Nov 1, 2010
Went to McD's today, got a McDouble and fries for 2.18.... How can ya go wrong..... I can get 3 burgers and 3 fries for the price of a Texass Burger ...
Kylie

Ithaca, NY

#19 Nov 2, 2010
burger warrior wrote:
yeah, its pretty clear that "every day average guy" is the owner/manager of five guys and its been mostly him under various names attacking texas burger. kind of sad... really, there is enough room for two burger joints in one city. i mean, why go out of your way to call yourself "average everyday guy"? lol... what an assclown.
says the owner of Texas Burger.

lol.

You're the assclown!
ok ok

United States

#20 Nov 2, 2010
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 10 min Trumps Army 294
Women's march results 20 min Asking 4
Piazza k9 services 35 min MAGA 66
Women are empowered 2 hr Detective Olivia ... 1
Today’s Women Are Out of Line 2 hr LMAO 6
3 days AGO. 3 hr streams 1
Majority thinks Trump's first year is a failure 3 hr Mic Check 46
So I Was In Lowes 3 hr whita and proud 41
Yorville fire. Wktv. Wow!! 8 hr Bubby 27
Utica attorneys 8 hr Boneyard Barbecue 36
WIBX is an absolute joke 10 hr hmm 26

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages