Collis Heating
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gotta Question

AOL

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Any thoughts on calling Collis for heating work? Want to be sure b4 I call. Thanx.
Outdoorfan

Detroit, MI

#2 Aug 25, 2008
Good for boiler service and repairs. No info on other types of heating systems. They started out as an oil supplier, so if you have oil heat they should be OK.
Shannon

AOL

#3 Aug 25, 2008
how r their prices? Do they service what they sell?

“Native Veteran & Proud Of It!”

Since: Jul 08

Utica, NY

#4 Aug 25, 2008
Gotta Question wrote:
Any thoughts on calling Collis for heating work? Want to be sure b4 I call. Thanx.
I used to have a house in Clinton and they were my oil supplier. I ran into a problem once where the fuel gauge stuck and I ran out. We were in the middle of a pretty decent storm, and my wife was about 7 months pregnant & very ill at the time and I had two other kids as well. Naturally I had to get oil so we wouldn't freeze so I called for a delivery. Now mind you, I had been using them for a few years, and my grandparents had always used just them. They knew who I was, and who my grandparents were. Long story short, they wouldn't deliver to me because they didn't have a truck going my way, and they were not going to have one either. Of course I freaked out and begged them, but to no avail. Now mind you, this was late morning, before lunch and it was a weekday. I ended up calling Mohawk Valley Oil and they were there in about an hour. I no longer use oil, but I never went back to them either. At the end of that winter, my grandfather wanted to change his furnace to natural gas, and he called them. After they came over to give him an estimate, he told them never mind, and told the person the story of what had happened to me, and let them know he was going with someone else for the furnace. Long story short, I still many years later have nothing good to say about them. I felt like a dumb a$$ for running out of oil as it was, but it really wasn't my fault. But, to leave a good, long time, family customer hanging was wrong. I mean come on, I lived just outside of the village green in Clinton, it's not like I wanted them to come out to Wampsville or something. Just my humble opinion,I know I'm blabbing too much again. It seems I have a problem with this....sorry
concerned

AOL

#5 Aug 26, 2008
=I have called them for service and they say they will get back to me but they never do. Forget them! Use Country Suburban.
Me too

AOL

#6 Aug 26, 2008
concerned wrote:
=I have called them for service and they say they will get back to me but they never do. Forget them! Use Country Suburban.
They are cocky. Country Suburban people are down to earth and not overpriced.
Nana

New York, NY

#7 Aug 26, 2008
Country Suburban are friends of mine. Believe me when I tell you this family has earned every bit of the money they earn. This is a young family that started their own business a few years ago and still remember what it feels like to start a family and pinch pennies. Harry Gee Sr. is the owner of this business and his wife, Lisa, does all the accounting work for this business. They are great and honest people, as well as being very, very knowledgeable in heating and air conditioning.
jon

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jan 5, 2010
I had collis do a cleaning of an oil boiler 2 years ago. They charged me $180 to replace an expansion tank that i later saw at home depot for $20. They also wanted $100 to replace the overflow valve. That item is about $15 at home depot. These things take less than 5 minutes for them to put in. I will not go to them again because of this gouging.
pathetic

Auburn, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2010
Nana wrote:
Country Suburban are friends of mine. Believe me when I tell you this family has earned every bit of the money they earn. This is a young family that started their own business a few years ago and still remember what it feels like to start a family and pinch pennies. Harry Gee Sr. is the owner of this business and his wife, Lisa, does all the accounting work for this business. They are great and honest people, as well as being very, very knowledgeable in heating and air conditioning.
I had a customer call this mental case harry,he ran around the house yelling woosh,woosh, here is the cold air. They couldn't get the clown to leave,and he just keep running his mouth trying to sell them a unit.

You better get you friend some therapy,he acted like someone who should be in a rubber room,and not touching Hvac.
Bandits

AOL

#10 Jan 5, 2010
I called them to clean my furnace because the previous owner bought it from them. The guy insisted that I needed a new one.$7000! I called someone else and he said it wasn't true, cleaned my furnace and it lasted another 6 years. When I bought a new one, NOT from Collis, it was $2500, six years later! Unless you've got money to burn...run!
John collis

Auburn, NY

#11 Jan 5, 2010
Very arrogant and over priced. Beware!!!!
hmmm

New Hartford, NY

#12 Jan 6, 2010
They are expensive, but the best. they are the most trained, believe me, i've seen it, their workers are always out of state with carrier and lennox taking classes that they must pass. They do more installs than ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES COMBINED. They were chamber of commerce business of the year for 2008. They probably never got back to you because of an oversight. They do have 20K JUST GAS customers that have service contracts with them, along with all their oil customers. They came to my house one xmas eve at 11:30 pm. they have been in business for over 90 yrs. Country suburban and them others are laughing stocks. Just look at them. They dont have the knowledge or manpower Collis does. If you want something repaird correctly, although not cheap, Collis is the company. the others, you may end up with co2 leaking in your home.
Class of 1969

New York, NY

#13 Jan 6, 2010
" ...If you want something repaird correctly, although not cheap, Collis is the company. the others, you may end up with co2 leaking in your home. "
---------

Nothing like a little grandstanding ...
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Nov 16, 2011
I use to work for jim, words cant even describe him
lalala

Worcester, MA

#15 Nov 16, 2011
I have heard that they are over priced.. I do all my business with Rodney Dodge at dodge home heating and cooling. Very friendly guy, down to earth and charges fair prices.
Heating Jabone

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 16, 2011
hmmm wrote:
They are expensive, but the best. they are the most trained, believe me, i've seen it, their workers are always out of state with carrier and lennox taking classes that they must pass. They do more installs than ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES COMBINED. They were chamber of commerce business of the year for 2008. They probably never got back to you because of an oversight. They do have 20K JUST GAS customers that have service contracts with them, along with all their oil customers. They came to my house one xmas eve at 11:30 pm. they have been in business for over 90 yrs. Country suburban and them others are laughing stocks. Just look at them. They dont have the knowledge or manpower Collis does. If you want something repaird correctly, although not cheap, Collis is the company. the others, you may end up with co2 leaking in your home.
If I've got a heating unit spewing "co2"(carbon dioxide, found in all carbonated drinks) in my basement--I'll be OK...If my heating unit is leaking CO(carbon monoxide) in sufficient quantities without adequate ventilation, I'm in big trouble! Big difference between the 2 gases...Just an FYI being brought to you by a wanna'-be heating Guru not named Siegenthaler...Ha-Ha!!
Heating Jabone

Cortland, NY

#17 Nov 16, 2011
I have country suburban clean my pipes and my furnace, harry sure can empty my flue with his rod.
m n r r the worst

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 16, 2011
Heating Jabone wrote:
I have country suburban clean my pipes and my furnace, harry sure can empty my flue with his rod.
ahhh, he'd be the first one laughing if he read this. all kidding aside, go play with your blow up doll.
m n r r the worst

Cortland, NY

#19 Nov 16, 2011
I make this sound when he drives in the brush without lube, M N RRRRRR.
Nana

Cortland, NY

#20 Nov 16, 2011
He tried to use the brush on me but the pus from my vag gummed it up and he could not get it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
area to get new hospital 1 hr Unreal 17
New York State should ban mixed martial arts 1 hr Unreal 11
News New O'Scugnizzo's location to open in South Utica 1 hr Acid Reflux Favor 10
How to Choose the Right Biker Dating Site 1 hr KissBiker 1
Don't Get Ice Cream From B&F Milk Center In Whi... (May '12) 1 hr Mary 17
Cosmos cafe clinton drug bust forces closure 2 hr you sure 3
Two Tone's Tacos 2 hr brain 11
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 5 hr rothman 15
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 11 hr Ghost Region 224
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]