Cops kill suspect in deadly NY shooting rampage

Mar 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: newsday.com

Accident. Shoulder blocked on Sunrise Hwy/NY Rt-27 EB at Oakdale Bohemia Rd/X48. Slow traffic from NY Rt-27a/X47 in Islip Accident.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

they asked the chief if he set the fire and he didn't have the info on that you know why because the insurance company's do investigations
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

the police where asked also if he was a registered gun owner and they didn't answer they only said long guns they don't need to register ,, because the police know if he was a reg, hand gun owner they prob took it at the fire ? also if they where going inside a building to capture a criminal they will do checks to see if he owns a hand gun
animal lover

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

The dog that was sent into the burned out bldg.IT was almost a given that it would be killed. Anybody think of using tear gas? Ignorant law inforcement
Doggy Doo

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

animal lover wrote:
The dog that was sent into the burned out bldg.IT was almost a given that it would be killed. Anybody think of using tear gas? Ignorant law inforcement
You are a dumb ass the building wasn't burnt out. The dog found him and he shot the dog in return an officer killed the suspect. The police did their job correctly. Police dogs do save human lives and this dog did that. Know your facts before you speak ignorant commenting fool.
dumbass

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

animal lover wrote:
except it was not a burned out building, it was a vacant building.

Speaking of ignorant.....

They already tried tear gas and flashbang grenandes. He was already hidden in the building where those did not affect him. Watch the news for awhile before looking more retarded
bloomberg

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

I've experienced having to deal with perps who have committed some of the most tragic and heinous criminal acts throughout my career. The hardest have always been animal killers. What law enforcement did this morning is comparable to members of satanic cults that sacrifice human life in order to get what they want. I believe that these officicials purposefully and knowingly entered that poor innocent K-9 into a situation that resulted in the death of that dog. With all of the weaponry and mass of officers that were on the scene, including some of the most highly skilled, they sacrificed a dog to an insane killer only to kill or capture ONE MAN! There is NO EXCUSE as to why law enforcement could not have handled this tragedy in a different manner. Why did they need to end this so soon? They could have waited for days for the man to either kill himself or surrender. For God's sake he certainly wan't going to escape. This is the most heartbreaking situation to happen in a county where I have lived for several years. My prayers go out to those who were senselessly murdered and their familes. However, these heartless officials who had spared the life of an animal so hastily, have to live with knowing that another innocent life was killed. A dog who cannot speak for himself. A professional pup who's sole purpose was to protect the innocent and maintain loyalty. Unfortunately today, he did not get that in return. RIP, K-9.
Resident

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

My hats are off to all the Law enforcement that were involved, This includes all the local agencies that were involved, Everyone worked as a team and was able to accomplish getting this person before more tragic deaths or injuries. I have the utmost respect for each and every one of you. But on another side note... Where was the DA and the Sheriff, were they hiding ????
Xst

Cold Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

And where was the mayor?
Listener

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
My hats are off to all the Law enforcement that were involved, This includes all the local agencies that were involved, Everyone worked as a team and was able to accomplish getting this person before more tragic deaths or injuries. I have the utmost respect for each and every one of you. But on another side note... Where was the DA and the Sheriff, were they hiding ????
Also watch, Sheriffs Dept. was present in Herkimer and Mohawk. DA was present in both location, Both were not hiding.
former valley

Murrells Inlet, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

bloomberg wrote:
I've experienced having to deal with perps who have committed some of the most tragic and heinous criminal acts throughout my career. The hardest have always been animal killers. What law enforcement did this morning is comparable to members of satanic cults that sacrifice human life in order to get what they want. I believe that these officicials purposefully and knowingly entered that poor innocent K-9 into a situation that resulted in the death of that dog. With all of the weaponry and mass of officers that were on the scene, including some of the most highly skilled, they sacrificed a dog to an insane killer only to kill or capture ONE MAN! There is NO EXCUSE as to why law enforcement could not have handled this tragedy in a different manner. Why did they need to end this so soon? They could have waited for days for the man to either kill himself or surrender. For God's sake he certainly wan't going to escape. This is the most heartbreaking situation to happen in a county where I have lived for several years. My prayers go out to those who were senselessly murdered and their familes. However, these heartless officials who had spared the life of an animal so hastily, have to live with knowing that another innocent life was killed. A dog who cannot speak for himself. A professional pup who's sole purpose was to protect the innocent and maintain loyalty. Unfortunately today, he did not get that in return. RIP, K-9.
you must be a freak
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

animal lover wrote:
they cant use tear gas it would have burned out all the downtown buildings they didn't want that
DHB

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

bad wrote:
<quoted text>they cant use tear gas it would have burned out all the downtown buildings they didn't want that
Why not ? Sounds like a good idea.....
stevie

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

So very sad
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

suicide , mission for the dog 2 year old pup with zero protection
poor dog

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

very sad for the poor dog
hank hill

Greenbelt, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I just have 2 questions...1) where did they even get a sniper in this area let alone so quickly and 2) where did the SWAT team come from?
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

why was their a huge police force and the army gear and the fbi was this a second amendment issue many standoffs here didn't have all the force they had? any stand off people can be killed what was the difference here why send in a dog when they knew he was there an old man couldn't last long ,,why so much money spent one guy....why the gov. comes and then leaves,,, this was a fire gone bad because they took his guns because they believed he started the fire and he snapped and took it out on the people he hatted since the police where going to charge him for something he didn't do .. i foresee this happening more if this is the way the police will be taking guns from Americans arm yourselves people because the gov has no idea what they are doing they took an oath to protect the constitution and they are breaking the oath with no consequences this is treason Senator Dianne Feinstein allready said she put bills up to take all the guns but she couldn't get the signatures votes this is treason folks
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

please don't tell me the pd was there and we paid for anything
bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

hank hill wrote:
I just have 2 questions...1) where did they even get a sniper in this area let alone so quickly and 2) where did the SWAT team come from?
they had the fbi there the dog was fbi and the army was there also why all this force when things like this happened before the standoffs this was a second amendment issue this is how the police are going to take guns from Americans any call the the home any call and they will take the guns they are being trained to do this ,,, a reporter asked in the news conference was the guy a reg hand gun owner and his reply was he had long guns as if they didn't check to see if he had a hand gun permit because they already took the gun at the fire prob or they want long guns reg,
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

GREAT JOB by all the law enforcement agency's!

I'm sorry people were killed and hurt,
I'm sorry a dog was killed.

I'm sorry people will make this a gun thing.
I'm sorry people will make this a God thing.
I'm sorry people will make this a money thing.

People just need to let it be.

Help people who need the help!

that's all I have to say !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travers Stakes (Aug '13) 14 min Down The Stretch 29
Travers In Saratoga 15 min Down The Stretch 6
two cousins pizza (Apr '12) 18 min Frank McBrides Ghost 10
Has Rob Palimeri been a huge Disappointment (Apr '12) 27 min Mayor Palmidiot 24
utica aud 34 min Bye Bye 95
Gaetano gains three half million city loses 300k (Apr '12) 36 min Charles Gaetano 47
Why do people still live in Utica? (Mar '12) 1 hr Robert Oliveira 13
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 1 hr the macro kid 100
Lourdes Festival 1 hr Terry Murad 4
Please Copeland move on 1 hr uticanna 10
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 2 hr intheknow 76

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000