Notre Dame tuition
Proctor teacher

Springfield, MA

#23 Jun 11, 2013
29 seniors in my class, 27 going to college, 2 to military, 2 working. I have white, black, Hispanic, Asian, catholic, Muslim, Baptists, etc. Great kids, great class. Far from a zoo. Its real America!
Proctor teacher

Springfield, MA

#24 Jun 11, 2013
The 2 working are holding off college til January. That's why I included them.
A real man

Worcester, MA

#25 Jun 11, 2013
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand most of what you wrote. "There is nothing with having God in the classroom.?" "mid year nonsense?" So tuition is $7200 plus fundraisers which brings it up $8200 per year??? Yes?
Typos. I meant that its 7200 plus this and that. It's always something during the school year. Special fundraisers, etc. they should just raise the tuition and stop all the mid year crap. There is nothing wrong with having God is the classroom is what I meant.
pick me

New Hartford, NY

#26 Jun 11, 2013
It would be nice to hear the specifics of what the original poster's problem is exactly with Proctor. It was a zoo when I was there 20 years ago. I made out quite well, thank you.
Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#27 Jun 11, 2013
abbioe wrote:
<quoted text>
I paid much more than what this poster says is paid and that was 10 years ago. There are 4 kids in the family and our income is very modest and we still paid through the nose. His figures are not believable
I pick you.

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#28 Jun 12, 2013
Good artical
Truth

Utica, NY

#29 Jun 12, 2013
A real man wrote:
It's $7200~ all in. Between the fund raisers and thousand that. I just wished they would raise the tuition and stop all this mid year nonsense.
There are plenty of kids there from different religions and cultural backgrounds. They send their children there for the small class sizes, special needs are addressed quickly, uniforms . There is structure. Also , there is nothing with having God in the classroom. Kids can make their own decision on what to believe. It's not rammed down their throats.
You can call the school to check but the tuition ranges between $5000 and $5500. In addition, there is only one main fundraiser for the school and that's the big $50,000 raffle. All of the others were discontinued a few years ago. There are other smaller fundraisers for things like sports and ROTC but the raffle is the only one for the school.
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#30 Jun 12, 2013
im gay will that hinder my acceptance to nd
A real man

Baltimore, MD

#31 Jun 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call the school to check but the tuition ranges between $5000 and $5500. In addition, there is only one main fundraiser for the school and that's the big $50,000 raffle. All of the others were discontinued a few years ago. There are other smaller fundraisers for things like sports and ROTC but the raffle is the only one for the school.
Correct on the tuition part, but I did the math and last year I wrote almost $7200 in checks to the school.
stealth from behind

Liverpool, NY

#32 Jun 12, 2013
stop trying to keep up with the jones and spend on the kids and shut ur pie hole
omar

New Hartford, NY

#33 Jun 12, 2013
A real man wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct on the tuition part, but I did the math and last year I wrote almost $7200 in checks to the school.
That's AT LEAST $28,000 at the end of four years. The tuition hikes and additional contributions aren't included.
Truth

Utica, NY

#34 Jun 12, 2013
A real man wrote:
<quoted text>
What were the expenses above and beyond tuition and an $80 raffle ticket (if you purchased one)?
some thoughts

Utica, NY

#35 Jun 12, 2013
It's interesting how people discuss expenses on their children for education.
Even more interesting would be how much is spent on garbage electronics that inhibit their child's mental and physical development.
In my experience, when a man feels the need to claim himself to be a 'real man', it is because he usually isn't one.
A real man

Baltimore, MD

#36 Jun 12, 2013
Ok last comment . There are fundraisers for the dicease. Scholarship requests. Uniforms, trips etc. I don't have a problem with it, I believe it's a well round education. I'm not keeping up with the jobes's . I can afford it, and if I couldn't I wouldn't . It's my choice as a parent to send my child there.

I went to proctor , it's not a zoo. Not slamming them at all or any other public school. I felt ND was the best choice for my child. Being a divorced partner and having joint custody, the structure that I feel has to offer was best choice under the circumstances. Her friends attend school there and it's no brainer
A real man

Baltimore, MD

#37 Jun 12, 2013
some thoughts wrote:
It's interesting how people discuss expenses on their children for education.
Even more interesting would be how much is spent on garbage electronics that inhibit their child's mental and physical development.
In my experience, when a man feels the need to claim himself to be a 'real man', it is because he usually isn't one.
I agree with your comment about spending money on garbage . To address your quote, I'm a father ,educated, a veteran of two wars, business owner that pays taxes and employees people . I'm inly interest is providing a better life for my child and that she can have the best opportunity to be whatever she wants to be. Looking around at the things you see in this area. The scamming, the substance abuse, etc. I am a real man, and proud of it.
Real World

Utica, NY

#38 Jun 12, 2013
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's AT LEAST $28,000 at the end of four years. The tuition hikes and additional contributions aren't included.
Get with the program "Omar".Wait until they get to college. My son attends Boston College and it costs us almost twice at a year.
urjerk

New Hartford, NY

#39 Jun 12, 2013
Real World wrote:
<quoted text>
Get with the program "Omar".Wait until they get to college. My son attends Boston College and it costs us almost twice at a year.
I'd say you need to get with the program, Real World. Omar only stated facts - no opinion and no sentiments one way or the other. So why the snotty reply? Everyone knows that college costs a bundle. You last sentence is incomprehensible.
Got tired of it

Utica, NY

#41 Jun 12, 2013
they still selling candy, raffle tickets, etc?
shystt

Houston, TX

#42 Jun 13, 2013
omar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's correct. An incredible amount of money for high school.
Truth

Utica, NY

#43 Jun 13, 2013
It comes down to parental choice. If you think ND is right for your child then it will be worth it. If you think Proctor or any of the other schools in the area is right then that's fine too. As with anything there will be good and bad in each.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uticas best "past" restaurant! (Sep '08) 48 min Joy 190
Who is best woman doctor in area (Feb '13) 56 min Joy 16
Ucp drivers 1 hr Funny 1
A third term for Obama 2 hr Killing this Country 10
I do NOT 'gotta getta Cooper Kia' 4 hr Do the jingle 2
fly a drone in my backyard 12 hr Utacannoli 2
breaking news: chip fab for marcy 12 hr Kurt 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages