Notre Dame tuition
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
worried parent

Utica, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2013
I can't have my kid go to that Zoo they call Proctor high School anymore. Considering ND. What is the standard tuition for a high school student?
Br Nathan

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jun 11, 2013
worried parent wrote:
I can't have my kid go to that Zoo they call Proctor high School anymore. Considering ND. What is the standard tuition for a high school student?
About five grand. Tuition assistance available.
blessed sacrament

Utica, NY

#4 Jun 11, 2013
after 4 yrs of hs your talking close to or over $20 grand
noo

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Jun 11, 2013
blessed sacrament wrote:
not if your an athlete, then maybe 5k over 4 yrs
xbdgytuy

Utica, NY

#6 Jun 11, 2013
Don't forget to add in the fees. Also there is well worn path from Notre Dame to the Sylvan Learning Center situated right next to it. Add the learning center fees as well if you want your kid to learn anything at all by the end of the 4 years there. My work assistant tells me that more than half the kids go there because the instruction at ND is so lousy. Don't kill the messenger, just putting it out there. I don't care about it one way or the other. If you want don't believe it, all you have to do is call the learning center and ask how many kids from ND that they serve. That is not privileged info and they should tell you with no problem. If I were considering that school, that's what I would do.
What

Troy, NY

#7 Jun 11, 2013
blessed sacrament wrote:
Worth every single penny & more. There is tuition assistance for everyone as well so you don't actually pay 5000 a year.
What

Troy, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2013
xbdgytuy wrote:
Don't forget to add in the fees. Also there is well worn path from Notre Dame to the Sylvan Learning Center situated right next to it. Add the learning center fees as well if you want your kid to learn anything at all by the end of the 4 years there. My work assistant tells me that more than half the kids go there because the instruction at ND is so lousy. Don't kill the messenger, just putting it out there. I don't care about it one way or the other. If you want don't believe it, all you have to do is call the learning center and ask how many kids from ND that they serve. That is not privileged info and they should tell you with no problem. If I were considering that school, that's what I would do.
Once again another hater here. So not true...ND is the best high school in the area with 100% graduation, & college. Move on buddy & go talk about something you know about.
right

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 11, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again another hater here. So not true...ND is the best high school in the area with 100% graduation, & college. Move on buddy & go talk about something you know about.

You are a typical closed-minded fanatic. It is people like you that allowed the priest pedophilia to continue for centuries. Close your eyes and deny and it will go away. The poster was fair and anyone with any sense at all would check out what he says and not automatically dismiss it. You have no business telling anyone to move on, you louse. You are a far cry from anything the Catholic church would want cheering for them. You are a detriment to all the thinking population that send their kids to Notre Dame.
juliar

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 11, 2013
I have read topix for a couple of years now. I contribute occasionally to things that interest me. After much experience, I am forced to conclude that the most heinous, unChristian and outright damnable lies are posted by the Notre Dame supporters, whether they be parents or just random posters. If this is what it means to support a cause, I am glad that I am not a part of it. All of you should be ashamed of your pitiful selves. NOthing posted on here by you will save that school and nothing posted will bury it either. I suggest that you pay more attention to your kids and notice what they are doing instead of embarrassing the church even more by your hate filled rants. Go to confession and tell the priest what you have done here and see what he says. You are a disgrace to the church, to God and most of all to your kids.
lilgeorge

Utica, NY

#11 Jun 11, 2013
juliar wrote:
I have read topix for a couple of years now. I contribute occasionally to things that interest me. After much experience, I am forced to conclude that the most heinous, unChristian and outright damnable lies are posted by the Notre Dame supporters, whether they be parents or just random posters. If this is what it means to support a cause, I am glad that I am not a part of it. All of you should be ashamed of your pitiful selves. NOthing posted on here by you will save that school and nothing posted will bury it either. I suggest that you pay more attention to your kids and notice what they are doing instead of embarrassing the church even more by your hate filled rants. Go to confession and tell the priest what you have done here and see what he says. You are a disgrace to the church, to God and most of all to your kids.
Agreed. The Notre Dame set are a hateful lot. Glad to be out of there and so are my kids.
College

East Syracuse, NY

#12 Jun 11, 2013
You want your kid to go to college and prosper then ND is the school. If you wan't your kid to do shit in life then Proctor is for you. You invest in your child for 4 years of there lives and get a productive adult out of it period. ND is better in every area! The facility is on total lock down there are no drugs and guns. I don't think there has been a real fight there in years. You have teacher ease to use. This tool allows you to know your kids home work for that day there current grades. You can email a teacher anytime you wan't and they have to get back to you that day. There is 10th period for any kids who wan't help or extra credit and yes the teachers are required to accomidate the student. If your a good parent your kid will do great. If you are middle of the road or maybe a single mom or dad then you will also have some work to do. There is zero tolerance and problems are handled in a instant not a week later. Your kid screws up they break there backs to help they don't use Boces as a baby sitting service. Go there ASAP speak with Roy Kane and set up a meeting. There are kids there paying 100 a month to 450 some 900 pending how many children and your income. Even people who pay the full rate can go in there and maybe they are having problems making the payments there are scholorships given by the school and a outside non profit group with ND interest at heart.
hmmm

Utica, NY

#13 Jun 11, 2013
College wrote:
You want your kid to go to college and prosper then ND is the school. If you wan't your kid to do shit in life then Proctor is for you. You invest in your child for 4 years of there lives and get a productive adult out of it period. ND is better in every area! The facility is on total lock down there are no drugs and guns. I don't think there has been a real fight there in years. You have teacher ease to use. This tool allows you to know your kids home work for that day there current grades. You can email a teacher anytime you wan't and they have to get back to you that day. There is 10th period for any kids who wan't help or extra credit and yes the teachers are required to accomidate the student. If your a good parent your kid will do great. If you are middle of the road or maybe a single mom or dad then you will also have some work to do. There is zero tolerance and problems are handled in a instant not a week later. Your kid screws up they break there backs to help they don't use Boces as a baby sitting service. Go there ASAP speak with Roy Kane and set up a meeting. There are kids there paying 100 a month to 450 some 900 pending how many children and your income. Even people who pay the full rate can go in there and maybe they are having problems making the payments there are scholorships given by the school and a outside non profit group with ND interest at heart.
You should have left the hate behind about other schools. Everything you said after that had no meaning. "Love thy neighbor as thyself for the love of Thee." is the primary doctrine of our church that you have not learned yet.
You just gave irrefutable credence to the above posters that say our school is a hateful one.
sherri

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 11, 2013
Beware a school whose only claim to fame is how much better they are than a school that serves the poor, the handicapped, the destitute, the immigrants, the ignorant, the mentally retarded, the abused and the neglected of society as well as the middle of the road, the well off and the intelligent. Do you even know who Christ served?
abbioe

Utica, NY

#16 Jun 11, 2013
College wrote:
You want your kid to go to college and prosper then ND is the school. If you wan't your kid to do shit in life then Proctor is for you. You invest in your child for 4 years of there lives and get a productive adult out of it period. ND is better in every area! The facility is on total lock down there are no drugs and guns. I don't think there has been a real fight there in years. You have teacher ease to use. This tool allows you to know your kids home work for that day there current grades. You can email a teacher anytime you wan't and they have to get back to you that day. There is 10th period for any kids who wan't help or extra credit and yes the teachers are required to accomidate the student. If your a good parent your kid will do great. If you are middle of the road or maybe a single mom or dad then you will also have some work to do. There is zero tolerance and problems are handled in a instant not a week later. Your kid screws up they break there backs to help they don't use Boces as a baby sitting service. Go there ASAP speak with Roy Kane and set up a meeting. There are kids there paying 100 a month to 450 some 900 pending how many children and your income. Even people who pay the full rate can go in there and

maybe they are having problems making the payments there are scholorships given by the

school and a outside non profit group with ND interest at heart.
I paid much more than what this poster says is paid and that was 10 years ago. There are 4 kids in the family and our income is very modest and we still paid through the nose. His figures are not believable
A real man

Arlington, VA

#17 Jun 11, 2013
It's $7200~ all in. Between the fund raisers and thousand that. I just wished they would raise the tuition and stop all this mid year nonsense.

There are plenty of kids there from different religions and cultural backgrounds. They send their children there for the small class sizes, special needs are addressed quickly, uniforms . There is structure. Also , there is nothing with having God in the classroom. Kids can make their own decision on what to believe. It's not rammed down their throats.
A real man

Arlington, VA

#18 Jun 11, 2013
You can do very little with Faith alone, but you can't do anything without it. That's what the essence of a catholic education is. I don't see anything wrong with that
omar

Utica, NY

#19 Jun 11, 2013
A real man wrote:
It's $7200~ all in. Between the fund raisers and thousand that. I just wished they would raise the tuition and stop all this mid year nonsense.
There are plenty of kids there from different religions and cultural backgrounds. They send their children there for the small class sizes, special needs are addressed quickly, uniforms . There is structure. Also , there is nothing with having God in the classroom. Kids can make their own decision on what to believe. It's not rammed down their throats.
I don't understand most of what you wrote. "There is nothing with having God in the classroom.?" "mid year nonsense?" So tuition is $7200 plus fundraisers which brings it up $8200 per year??? Yes?
Tuition

Boston, MA

#20 Jun 11, 2013
Tuition is crazy! Started at about $6800 before all the add-ons. Absolutely no tuition assistance was awarded and we applied for everything possible! All athletes don't get assistance, my child was a football player. I'm sure there are pluses and minuses to the education depending upon the schools you compare it to. It's an individual decision.
Really

Boston, MA

#21 Jun 11, 2013
Dear College...
There are absolutely drugs at ND! I've had students admit it and I had students hiding behind my car in the ND parking lot smoking.
beep beep urass

Needham, MA

#22 Jun 11, 2013
Saying there are no drugs at ND, is like saying every student there is catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pissente's long term contract with a crook 3 min Need Preet Bharara 10
Raises for county politicians 4 min Need Preet Bharara 14
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 5 min Need Preet Bharara 59
David Mickle UPD 6 min How quaint 7
Water Bill increase (Oct '14) 7 min Not Fair 326
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 12 min Welfare SportsQueens 27
top basketball players 23 min moving to better ... 64
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 51 min Big Johnson 248
Carbone Sold 1 hr NoLoss 10
Easy bartenders 16 hr j3333rd 24
Mayors $20,000 raise 17 hr Highway Robbery 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages