ahl coming to utica
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
fan

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Jan 17, 2013
does anyone have any details regarding the rumor that the ahl is coming to utica,thanks
this old song

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Never again. AHL was here when Utica had a higher population willing to spend the ticket prices. We have UC Hockey which is pretty great considering it sells out The Aud routinely.
Wacko

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Tickets were only $8 then. However, you're right, we'll never see the AHL again or any pro hockey as long as UC is here. They put too much money into the Aud to be bounced by anyone else. I wish we had pro hockey though.
Roger that

United States

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Actually there have been talks of bring the AHL back to the aud. The city is currently looking into possibly bringing in the Rangers farm team because they have shown interest in the location. All is just talk for now though and nothing has been decided. It would be great to have a real team in the City once again and have something to look forward to.
Steve

Herkimer, NY

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Ha. I doubt any NHL team would want a farm team in Utica. There's not enough spectators to support it. We have 60K in this city on a good year. That's why the Devils left. No revenue. Be happy with Utica College. The games are fun, packed, and the players aren't collecting a paycheck to play. Why mess with a good thing?
rumors

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Roger that wrote:
Actually there have been talks of bring the AHL back to the aud. The city is currently looking into possibly bringing in the Rangers farm team because they have shown interest in the location. All is just talk for now though and nothing has been decided. It would be great to have a real team in the City once again and have something to look forward to.
The aud does not meet minimum requirement for seating. Stop the silly talk.
Icey in Utica

Carthage, NY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
It is true, a person not to be named as of yet is looking into two teams. AHL team for Calgary and the Rangers AHL team are looking for a smaller venue.
Hockey Fan

Fulton, NY

#8 Jan 17, 2013
They would have to pay a fee to the Syracuse Crunch for encroaching on their territory. I would love to see pro hockey back in Utica but it isn't likely
rumors

Herkimer, NY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Icey in Utica wrote:
It is true, a person not to be named as of yet is looking into two teams. AHL team for Calgary and the Rangers AHL team are looking for a smaller venue.
Why do you morons continue this talk? Utica is not going to enlarge the aud to meet the ahl requirement. So, whoever is making up this BS, no one will believe you.
Delusional

Newington, CT

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Anybody who thinks that professional hockey wouldn't be successful in this area clearly doesn't know their ass from a whole in the ground. When the Devils were here the AUD was always packed. It's our shitty greedy politicians that moved them out because of neglect. Then they allowed bullshit teams like the Blizzard, Bulldogs, and Prowlers who never had a chance. If we can put that many people in the seats for that half-assed overhyped college puck, then an AHL team would be no problem. It's the fact that someone might actually have to do some research and work to get them here, and let's face it, Utica doesn't "have time for that." Hence why a college runs the AUD, they didn't have to do anything for them to play there they just took what they can get, typical Utica politics. Then wonder why businesses and residents are fleeing.
Man

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Who's going to foot the bill for a new arena? Certainly not the taxpayers of this city. We're millions of dollars in debt and can't afford to fill the damn potholes let alone build a multimillion dollar arena. Give it up already. It's gone.
Sopo

United States

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Steve wrote:
Ha. I doubt any NHL team would want a farm team in Utica. There's not enough spectators to support it. We have 60K in this city on a good year. That's why the Devils left. No revenue. Be happy with Utica College. The games are fun, packed, and the players aren't collecting a paycheck to play. Why mess with a good thing?
Steve- There may be only 60k in Utica, but there are 235k in Oneida County and another 70-100k in immediately neighboring counties to support it. It would be a tremendous economic boost for the area, and would likely draw from a different crowd than UC games (one that spends money vs. college students.) I for one hope they can pull it off. Also, as an FYI, the Devils left because they thought they could make more money in Albany, not because they weren't making it here. And why wouldn't you want players who are collecting good money living here and spending money? Logical.
Monti Teo

United States

#13 Jan 18, 2013
If it's who I'm thinking of, I hope his puppet masters can pull it off.
espn

Herkimer, NY

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Monti Teo wrote:
If it's who I'm thinking of, I hope his puppet masters can pull it off.
Hows your girlfriend?
Scout

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jan 18, 2013
gentleman
Yes this is true it is only in faze 1. There are looking to move the Rangers Franchise to Utica and this is very possible at this point. Again this is true.
Monti Teo

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2013
espn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows your girlfriend?
Sore subject.
Monti Teo

United States

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Man wrote:
Who's going to foot the bill for a new arena? Certainly not the taxpayers of this city. We're millions of dollars in debt and can't afford to fill the damn potholes let alone build a multimillion dollar arena. Give it up already. It's gone.
New arena? We have the auditorium here, it is a hockey rink- this is where hockey players play hockey.
come on

Waltham, MA

#18 Jan 18, 2013
I thought UC hockey signed a 5-year lease with the Aud last year.
hello

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Monti Teo wrote:
<quoted text>
New arena? We have the auditorium here, it is a hockey rink- this is where hockey players play hockey.
The Aud doesn't meet the minimum requirement for seating in the AHL. They would have to build a new arena. Educate yourself or shut up.
kelly

Utica, NY

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Ah yes, I can see it now. The Utica Boilermakers. Each game ticket sold will go to support the Boilermaker Road Race and its loyal sheep that get excited one day a year in this city for a road race nobody else in the world has ever heard of. The new arena will be called Boilermaker Arena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fireworks 3 min Score 5
One Term Tenney 4 min Nate 44
trump has tiny hands dwinks baba like infant 5 min Frank l 4
Twin Ponds shoot em up 32 min Drake 10
al frankin groping pictures lmfao 38 min Dumb idiots 46
LoMedico Wins 57 min happy 5
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 57 min Reney 1,130
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 1 hr FAKE POL 26
Bar crawling in the 80's : the crawl (Nov '08) 3 hr all nonsense 236
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 9 hr Esq 61

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages