Utica Police announces road closures for St. Patty's Day parade
The City of Utica will be hosting its annual St. Patrick's Day Parade and Varick Street Celebration on Saturday March 15th, 2014.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.
Since: May 13
#1 Mar 14, 2014
Utica Police announce road closures for St. Patty's Day parade
By WKTV News
Story Created: Mar 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM EDT
Story Updated: Mar 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM EDT
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)- The City of Utica will be hosting its annual St. Patrick's Day Parade and Varick Street Celebration on Saturday March 15th, 2014. As a result a large portion of the Downtown and West Utica areas will be closed for traffic. Please take this into consideration when traveling into these areas. Expect delays and detours, as well as a large amount of pedestrian traffic.
As a result of the Parade the following list of streets will be closed from about 08:30 a.m. until 12:30p.m.:
• Genesee Street from Clinton Street and Oswego Street north to Columbia Street.
• Francis Street from Oswego Street north to Kirkland Street
• Mulberry Street from Sunset Ave. east to Francis Street
• Chestnut Street from Sunset Ave. east to Francis Street
• Noyes Street from Sunset Ave. east to Genesee Street
• Tracy Street from Sunset Ave. east to Genesee Street
• Plant Street from Lincoln Ave. east to State Street
• State Street from Kirkland Street south to the Roundabout
• Oneida Street from Hobart Street north to the Roundabout
• Hobart Street from Oneida Street west to Genesee Street
• Park Ave. from Eagle Street south to the Roundabout
• Eagle Street from Park Ave. west to Genesee Street
• Cottage Place from Genesee Street west to State Street
• South Street from King Street west to Genesee Street
• Cornelia Street from Genesee Street west to Mandeville Street
• Court Street from Broadway east to Genesee Street
• Hopper Street from King Street west to Genesee Street
• Washington Street from Genesee Street west to the Radisson
• Bank Place from Genesee Street east to Union Street
• Blandina Street from Genesee Street east to Charlotte Street
• Devereux Street from Genesee Street east to Charlotte Street
• Columbia Street from Broadway east to Genesee Street
• Elizabeth Street from Charlotte Street west to Genesee Street
In order to accommodate all the attendees, the following streets will be closed off from about 06:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. for the Varick Street Celebration:
• Varick Street from Court Street north to Columbia Street
• Edward Street from Varick Street west to Columbia Street
• Hamilton Street from Varick Street west to Columbia Street
• Cooper Street from Varick Street east to Huntington Street
In the interest of public safety, no back packs, bottles, cans or coolers will be allowed on Genesee Street during the parade or on Varick Street during the celebration following the parade. Any vehicles parked on Varick Street or Hamilton Street on Saturday March 15th, 2014 after 2:30 a.m.will towed at the owner's expense.
In order to ensure public safety a full compliment of Utica Police Officers, as well as additional DWI Patrols, will be present on the Parade route, in the Varick Street Celebration along with the surrounding areas.
#3 Mar 14, 2014
Crank up arrests and tickets for that revenue!
#4 Mar 14, 2014
Will the pool be dyed green for the occasion?
#5 Mar 14, 2014
Well, the Irish Cultural Hole will be green as usual, all by the hand of Mother Nature... hahaha!!
#6 Mar 15, 2014
Maybe they could paint all the pot holes green so they're easier to spot.
No doubt they'll need a grant to buy all the paint.
#7 Mar 15, 2014
All streets should be closed because of craters and bumbs and pot holes. You cant drive on them anyways. Also, keep an eye opened for parade disappearers, the pot holes might swallow you up.
#8 Mar 15, 2014
What parade!!!! it was the worst parade of all the years of having big and entertaining St. Patrick Parades.
It started 1/2 hour late and no large floats like last year. It was cold and raining and people were just plain rude.
It certainly wasn't worth the time spent there.
#9 Mar 16, 2014
Who won the float, band competition?
#10 Mar 16, 2014
The green paint was donated!
#11 Mar 16, 2014
The WKTV Broadcast was definitely not donated. Too many ads!
The line up from the parade organizers was soo screwed up. Groups were separated throughout.
Add your comments below
|mega moo moo||44 min||CNY Morality Police||20|
|Bad News A Comin' For Hervaghurtsatucci!||1 hr||Hervaghurtsatucci||1|
|Sex Clubs (Jun '10)||1 hr||CNY Morality Police||48|
|Tazz Trolled: You should be DANCIN'! YEAH!||2 hr||Moshing||7|
|Water Bill increase (Oct '14)||3 hr||Names please||410|
|Water Board Rate Hike AGAIN||3 hr||Who is on list||15|
|UPD Scott Berger||4 hr||He can try||15|
Find what you want!
Search Utica Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC