Utica Fire Department into New Hartford
dont be cheap

New York, NY

#112 Mar 22, 2013
billyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts straight dipshit Utica has a contract with the hospital.
Uh, no they don't and they never have. This was a subject of debate a couple years ago and no contract was ever reached. Get your facts straight, dipshit!
loser in utica

Utica, NY

#113 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, fire departments respond to other calls besides fires. They respond to car accidents and medical emergencies, just to name a few. Given the increase in traffic flow in NH because of the new shopping areas and sprawl, call volume had gone up considerably.
Time for NH to stop being cheap and expand fire services. Either hire full time firefighters or provide more funding to expand the volunteer services.
Full time paid staff is not needed. And No one would want to pay for it.
WTF do you mean by "expand" the vol services? Why do they need more funding? why and how do they "expand"?

Unless youre a member of NHFD what the hell do you even know about there responses or anything else? They handle all their calls and provide a fine cost effective service to the residents of the town.

You keep saying the same thing over and over again. What the hell is the point? You must have some personal agenda.
dont be cheap

New York, NY

#114 Mar 22, 2013
loser in utica wrote:
<quoted text>
Full time paid staff is not needed. And No one would want to pay for it.
WTF do you mean by "expand" the vol services? Why do they need more funding? why and how do they "expand"?
Unless youre a member of NHFD what the hell do you even know about there responses or anything else? They handle all their calls and provide a fine cost effective service to the residents of the town.
You keep saying the same thing over and over again. What the hell is the point? You must have some personal agenda.
Expand service is pretty self explanatory. But since you have density issues, I guess it needs to be spelled out for you. Additional fire house locations. Additional fire vehicles and equipment. Additional funding to provide training to additional volunteers. You get it, add on, as in EXPAND!

BTW, a history of the calls they receive is all logged with the County 911 and formerly NH's own 911 system that merged with it. Their call volume has risen. One does not need to be a member of the NHFD to find this information.

Apparently you have a personal agenda of being stupid above all else.
No Need

Little Falls, NY

#115 Mar 22, 2013
Ass hat. You know nothing and are a child.

There is no reason to do as you are proposing. Why spend money that's not needed? The service provided now is top notch.
dont be cheap

New York, NY

#116 Mar 22, 2013
No Need wrote:
Ass hat. You know nothing and are a child.
There is no reason to do as you are proposing. Why spend money that's not needed? The service provided now is top notch.
If it is not needed and is top notch, NH officials would not be talking to Utica to contract with for coverage for certain areas of NH. Seems as though something is lacking that they would even consider contracting with Utica. It is pretty clear who knows nothing here. Tag, you're it!
Ed waitr

Troy, NY

#117 Mar 22, 2013
dont be cheap wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is not needed and is top notch, NH officials would not be talking to Utica to contract with for coverage for certain areas of NH. Seems as though something is lacking that they would even consider contracting with Utica. It is pretty clear who knows nothing here. Tag, you're it!
What NH officials are talking to Utica? Last I had heard this was just what Utica had told the Utica OD was a good idea. I have no heard of any other talk in this matter. Have these NH officials approached NHFD about their concerns? I sure hope NHFD would have a chance to defend themselves.

Paid firefighters means paying salaries, benefits and funding pensions. I think NHFDs budget is around $600,000. Those numbers wouldn't add up.
reality sez

New York, NY

#119 Mar 22, 2013
Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you have facts and figures that accidents, fires, and medical emergencies are not being tended to properly by the NHFD!
That's not what anybody said. But why would NH be talking to Utica for additional coverage? Pretty clear why. There is a liability waiting to happen. Their resources are too thin to cover their area. Sooner or later an event will happen that they can't adequately respond to and it will be tragic, and expensive to the Town.
Really

Little Falls, NY

#120 Mar 22, 2013
Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you have facts and figures that accidents, fires, and medical emergencies are not being tended to properly by the NHFD!
That's not in question at all. What is at the heart of it all is a dying shithole city has tapped out all there revenue and now want the suburbs to support the empire. The political machine of unions, pensions, handouts and all the rest of the stink associated with that god forsaken city. I hope the Utica politicians behind this do go forward and try this. They and there nonsense will be exposed as phonies and for what they really are..opportunistic money Hungary vultures. Be careful what you wish for out of all this. You might be surprised at the outcome.
Dumb tards

Little Falls, NY

#121 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what anybody said. But why would NH be talking to Utica for additional coverage? Pretty clear why. There is a liability waiting to happen. Their resources are too thin to cover their area. Sooner or later an event will happen that they can't adequately respond to and it will be tragic, and expensive to the Town.
That's baloney douche bag. Utica is talking to nh because they want every dime they can get there dirty paws on. There is no more liability waitin to happen in nh than there is in Utica where there known nationally as saving an awesome cellar at the last house fire. Please. Thats why when ufd is tied up they call nhfd? your a dope. NHFD is well trained and prepared and more importantly has grown their FD over the years to protect there community.

Only tragic event that has happened that comes to mind is your birth. Please go right the wrong.
What a fool

Little Falls, NY

#122 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Taberg or Boonville might have a big fire they can't adequately cover either.....They should prob call UFD to take over there territory to using your warped logic. Did it ever dawn on your dumb melon that Utica can't handle the calls they have now?
reality sez

New York, NY

#125 Mar 22, 2013
Dumb tards wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why when ufd is tied up they call nhfd? your a dope. NHFD is well trained and prepared and more importantly has grown their FD over the years to protect there community.
Utica calls NHFD and other departments because they are all part of Mutual Aid. NH had called Utica in the past, as well as other members of Mutual Aid to assist in NH. Kirkland routinely is assisting in NH.

Yet, UFD, NHFD and all other fire departments receive the exact same training. Matter of fact, NH and others send their people to Utica for training!

New Hartford initiated talks with Utica to cover the bordering areas where NH's response times would be extended.
reality sez

New York, NY

#126 Mar 22, 2013
What a fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Taberg or Boonville might have a big fire they can't adequately cover either.....They should prob call UFD to take over there territory to using your warped logic. Did it ever dawn on your dumb melon that Utica can't handle the calls they have now?
Taberg and Boonville don't border on Utica. There is nothing warped about the logic. New Hartford borders on Utica and NH initiated these talks with Utica for coverage of the bordering areas where Utica could respond faster than NH.

Yes, you are quite the fool!
reality sez

New York, NY

#127 Mar 22, 2013
Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fairly sure new Hartford isn't talking to utica about anything and considering there's a waiting list for volunteers in new Hartford if they did choose to expand why would they pay someone to do it?
If there is this waiting list, then there are ample people and therefore NH should budget in more funding to expand the fire department. I don't think they should be contracting with Utica either. They should build additional fire houses in NH instead of just the one centrally located one. New Hartford has evolved and so should the fire service.
reality sez

New York, NY

#129 Mar 22, 2013
Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Until nh has issues or problems responding to emergencies why waste time and and money expanding for something they don't need?
Uh, the point of having police and fire services is to be prepared for the unforeseen. Given the growth in NH, sooner or later they will find out they can't cover it adequately or quickly enough. Honestly, I don't care if they do or don't. I don't spend a lot of time in or around NH anyway so I have no dog in this hunt, so to speak. I'm looking at this from an objective point of view, that rapid expansion has occurred in the Town but we haven't seen any expansion of other services, like fire.

NH might think it would be a cost effective solution for Utica to cover bordering areas, like Sherman Drive. And to NH, they might be right. But for Utica, its a net loss. Taxpayers in Utica will always be on the hook for the long term legacy costs associated with the staffing, and increasing staffing if they have to also cover a surrounding area is yet another burden Utica can't afford either. That is another reason why I say, if NH needs additional services, they should expand on what they have in some way, shape or form. You look at opposite ends of the Town where there has been expansions of the two living facilities, one up on Higby and the other on 12B. Plus all the shopping areas that grew.
reality sez

New York, NY

#130 Mar 22, 2013
Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Until nh has issues or problems responding to emergencies why waste time and and money expanding for something they don't need?
BTW, if you wait til there is a problem, its already too late.
What

Syracuse, NY

#131 Mar 22, 2013
NHhomeowner wrote:
I live just off the Parkway in NH and a few years ago I had a small fire that triggered an alarm and it took the NH fire dept. 17 minutes to get to my house. I could of rebuilt my house how long they took. Luckily, we controlled the fire. Mohawk Street could of got here within minutes. It is a no-brainer.
Move to Utica then, Ed!
Sparky

Troy, NY

#132 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
Utica calls NHFD and other departments because they are all part of Mutual Aid. NH had called Utica in the past, as well as other members of Mutual Aid to assist in NH. Kirkland routinely is assisting in NH.
Yet, UFD, NHFD and all other fire departments receive the exact same training. Matter of fact, NH and others send their people to Utica for training!
New Hartford initiated talks with Utica to cover the bordering areas where NH's response times would be extended.
I'd like to know when New Hartford initiated these talks? Also who from New Hartford talked about it. Just because Donna Donovan lives in NH doesn't mean she voices all of NHs opinion. Show us where you got these facts from.

Also we understand how mutual aid works but the only ones I've ever seen in NH are Willowvale. If you have times that NHFD has called UFD we would all like to be enlightened I think.
What a fool

Little Falls, NY

#135 Mar 22, 2013
reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is this waiting list, then there are ample people and therefore NH should budget in more funding to expand the fire department. I don't think they should be contracting with Utica either. They should build additional fire houses in NH instead of just the one centrally located one. New Hartford has evolved and so should the fire service.
To bad the rotten meat between your ears hasn't evolved.
OMG

Utica, NY

#137 Mar 28, 2013
http://wibx950.com/utica-fire-chief-chewing-t...

Take a look at the second video on this web page. IT doesnt seem to indicate he is interested in taking anyone over when he is getting what he needs for free!!!!!!!!!!
yup

Little Falls, NY

#139 May 23, 2013
i get what i need for free too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason POWLES today. 6 min Tanya 5
Welfare mutts making babies 1 hr Gotta look good 4
Open Forum on RCIL [Resource Center for Indepen... (Jan '12) 2 hr Peter Piper Down 13
another SLIVERBUCK SHOOTS 12YO KID THEN HEADS T... 2 hr ardith 3
Mexico and Canada Agree to Renegotiate NAFTA Wi... 2 hr ardith 2
sheanimal ASSAULTS 4 YO CHILD IN CINCINNATI ONLY 4 3 hr SEEMANN JIM 3
ERICA HARVILLA from Carmella's 3 hr Gina 2
Which is worse? Life in Utica OR Hot Fire Poker... 3 hr Upstate Toilet Town 12
tenney 3 hr SEEMANN PUNK JIM 60
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 3 hr SEEMANN PUNK JIM 167
Sociopathic Narcisstic Abuse Rules 4 hr SEEMANN PUNK JIM 27
New Hartford Police-Inserra LAWSUIT & A.G. TIME! 5 hr Upstate Toilet Town 15

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance