actually

New York, NY

#85 Mar 21, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would they do this? Maybe you the asshat writing all this wants a job?
Please. They're doing it for free and doing a fine job. Why expand ? Everything is fine as it is!
Does your ward nurse know your on the computer typing to humans ? Go back and take your Thorazine.
Why expand? Well, lets see. The population and sprawl of New Hartford has expanded. Logical reasoning would figure with more people and places to service, you'll need to expand services.

Not a hard concept to grasp.
Andy the kid

Utica, NY

#87 Mar 21, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Why expand? Well, lets see. The population and sprawl of New Hartford has expanded. Logical reasoning would figure with more people and places to service, you'll need to expand services.
Not a hard concept to grasp.
You have no factual basis to your insane rumblings. Maybe you should have some hard facts and figures to back up this nonsense. What they have there now works just fine. The calls are staffed by people trained with years of experience. If you're so concerned about it get out of your moms basement and join and FD and then you will have some true background to fall back on with your statements. Last I checked NHFD was a well respected fire dept. thousands of professional people have homes there. It's heavily commercialized. They have a waiting list for crying out loud. You're an idiot.

There are volunteer fire depts in the state of Maryland with hundreds of members that handle thousands of calls every year. To simply say something needs paid staff because you think it's a lovely idea shows your ignorance and that you have an agenda.
vollys

New Hartford, NY

#88 Mar 21, 2013
Wannabe losers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Don't move and be considerate to your fellow man that has an emergency? Are you that retarded that you think your some how hurting the fireman responding? Moron. Your just delaying someone getting help. Then you wanna rag on volunteer response times. Can't have it both way freak. Hopefully that emergency you won't give right of way to is some how associated to you or one of your worthless inbred family.
itwont be
Prolly

Utica, NY

#89 Mar 21, 2013
Prob not. You live in south Utica by the Hess gas station. Have fun with a city unit maybe having enough people in service when u call.
actually

New York, NY

#90 Mar 21, 2013
Andy the kid wrote:
<quoted text>

There are volunteer fire depts in the state of Maryland with hundreds of members that handle thousands of calls every year. To simply say something needs paid staff because you think it's a lovely idea shows your ignorance and that you have an agenda.
That's in Maryland, not NY. Apples to oranges comparison,

Besides. In my earlier post, I stated to EITHER form a paid full time fire dept OR expand the volunteer one. Hard to have an agenda when suggesting choices and not just one idea. Your adamant defense of the volunteer system shows you are the one with the agenda.

Facts and figures to back up claims? All one has to do is look around at the new houses and developments built in NH as well as the expanded shopping areas. The proof is all around you if you open your eyes.

Yes, your ignorance is showing like that of a 2 year old having a temper tantrum in Walmart.
vollys

New Hartford, NY

#91 Mar 21, 2013
Do us a favor when you are called to utica for mutual aid...STAY HOME we dont want your help,we dont need your help, and really YOUR NOT MUCH HELP! But we all know you wont stay out because you get your rocks off to see what its like to fight real fire with real firemen
curious

Syracuse, NY

#92 Mar 21, 2013
What's the latest word on the Columbia St. fire?
Wheels on the bus

Utica, NY

#93 Mar 21, 2013
vollys wrote:
Do us a favor when you are called to utica for mutual aid...STAY HOME we dont want your help,we dont need your help, and really YOUR NOT MUCH HELP! But we all know you wont stay out because you get your rocks off to see what its like to fight real fire with real firemen
Are you serious? If they didn't show up when asked you would then say bad things about them! And if you don't want the help then why would the original request be generated in the first place ?.....yes REAL fires only happen in geographic locations with paid firemen. LOL!
Either way it seems they can't do any right in your eyes and you dear writer are an imbecile of gigantic proportions.

And I don't think the other guy was saying he is blindly supporting volunteers, but c'mon. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Taxes would sky rocket if we paid people. It seems to me most people can't just keep themselves afloat financially in this depressed area now. Why would one want millions more spent on something that there isn't a need? There isn't anyone in NH out demanding for what you're proposing. If there was I'm sure the politicians and current FD would be evaluating it. Do you even have any understanding about any of these subjects beyond a third grade education?
Utica trolls suck

Utica, NY

#94 Mar 21, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
That's in Maryland, not NY. Apples to oranges comparison,
Thank you for reminding us all that emergency scenes in different areas are handled differently. Wow. You saved us all from ourselves. Haha

The comparison is sound. It's how agencies are equipped, trained, and manned. Why don't you find out about a subject before sounding like the village idiot. Better yet get involved and be a productive member of society instead of a troll.
Utica loves stupid

Utica, NY

#97 Mar 21, 2013
http://www.pwfd.com/content/about1.html

Port Washington FD in NYS. 290 members. 2500 calls. Suck it troll.
Apples to Oranges

Syracuse, NY

#98 Mar 21, 2013
If Utica was volunteer you can guarantee brooks wouldnt be a fireman.
wrong again

Herkimer, NY

#99 Mar 21, 2013
Utica loves stupid wrote:
http://www.pwfd.com/content/ab out1.html
Port Washington FD in NYS. 290 members. 2500 calls. Suck it troll.
what does that prove? Nothing.
Paid

Utica, NY

#100 Mar 21, 2013
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
what does that prove? Nothing.
Simple fool. Proves large volunteer departments exist in NYS. Apple to apple.
Please tell your mom not to breed anymore. This is tiring.
wrong again

Herkimer, NY

#101 Mar 21, 2013
Paid wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple fool. Proves large volunteer departments exist in NYS. Apple to apple.
Please tell your mom not to breed anymore. This is tiring.
Then NH should expand instead of being cheap.

YOur post still does not prove anything.
What are you

Utica, NY

#102 Mar 21, 2013
Expand what? There is nothing to expand!

I can assure you no one is being cheap. Wtf are you talking about.

What do you want "expanded"?

Again. You talk like a retard.
Uticapride

Utica, NY

#105 Mar 21, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we that live elsewhere bail out Utica? Most of us moved out of Utica and for good reason. It was run like crap, corrupt, and the quality of life sucked donkey. To think that some of you would propose you now thrust your city issues on us is insane. People vote with there feet. People will continue to move further out. We moved out of the city and will in fact move again If we have to have anything to do with that dump city. Enough is enough. Leave the suburbs alone. And deal with the mess. You made it. You clean it up. The suburbs don't or need your shared services.
You left because Utica is not white enough for you. Your kids our pus sys and are afraid that they will get beat up. Well I am white and my kids go to Utica Public Schools. They will learn about diversity and what the make up of the real world is. Your Buffy and Biffy preps can go to school in the burbs and learn how to be fags.
Diversity

New Hartford, NY

#108 Mar 22, 2013
Uticapride wrote:
<quoted text>
You left because Utica is not white enough for you. Your kids our pus sys and are afraid that they will get beat up. Well I am white and my kids go to Utica Public Schools. They will learn about diversity and what the make up of the real world is. Your Buffy and Biffy preps can go to school in the burbs and learn how to be fags.
You're right about one thing only, diversity is what makes the world go around and kids that can thrive in a diverse environment have an advantage as adults.
billyboy

Carthage, NY

#109 Mar 22, 2013
Kyle wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, Utica Fire Chief Russ Brooks suggested the City of Utica provide fire protection and emergency medical service to the Sherman Hills section of New Hartford. He correctly pointed out the Mohawk Street firehouse is much closer to this section than New Hartford's firehouse. I think the Shepherd Place firehouse is, too. This suggestion has alot of merit and is worth considering.

I hope New Hartford's elected officials and firefighters don't play politics with this issue. People's lives are at stake.

The city could raise alot of revenue by agreeing with the Village of New Hartford (I think the village owns the fire department) to provide fire protection and emergency medical service to the town north of Higby Road. This includes the Sherman Hills area, the Valley View Road, Cascade Drive, Sedgewick Park, Ironwood Road area and Stonebridge/Lower Woods Road area. Response time and quality of service would significantly improve. These people own some of the most valuable homes in the region, pay alot of property tax and deserve better service than volunteers provide. New Hartford's response time is too long, and their firefighters have no where near the experience Utica firefighters have.

Don't play politics with public safety. People's lives are at stake. New Hartford, do the right thing and shift this tax money to the city of Utica, which is the base of our economy. We need to keep that core healthy, and this is one common sense way to do it. It should have been done decades ago.
I think this is a bunch of shit. He can't even protect his own city. Calling in volunteers to run calls for him when they have a fire. New Hartford bailed them out a bunch of times. New Hartford could cover parts of south Utica better than them. Don't forget they're sitting at the fire station waiting for a call. If New Hartford was paid they'd get out just as fast.
reality sez

New York, NY

#110 Mar 22, 2013
Done wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you heard about the fire epidemic in new Hartford. It's rampant. Lol
Uh, fire departments respond to other calls besides fires. They respond to car accidents and medical emergencies, just to name a few. Given the increase in traffic flow in NH because of the new shopping areas and sprawl, call volume had gone up considerably.

Time for NH to stop being cheap and expand fire services. Either hire full time firefighters or provide more funding to expand the volunteer services.
billyboy

Carthage, NY

#111 Mar 22, 2013
dont be cheap wrote:
<quoted text>Far from it. NH calls Utica often, especially at St. Luke's hospital, where NH does not have the resources to cover. NH is not doing just fine.
Get your facts straight dipshit Utica has a contract with the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Aud: AHL Welfare All-Star game 3 min Utica Welfare Comets 380
captain Richard Tomaino Jr. UFD (Sep '08) 6 min Accept CNY fail 12
Utica is the best place to raise a family on th... 8 min Genius 1
Why are CNY / Utica People all mentally stunted? 8 min CNY deserves this 25
Dating Utica Girls 22 min qwerty 4
Bill Gates makes $4100 every minute. 23 min Wow 1
Pedestrian Bridge Collapses 42 min Addict 4
state farm new hartford 2 hr All in the Family 48
frozen dome classic 2 hr 2 cents 45
Why I left (and love it!) 3 hr Carl Vogel 37