Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Kyle wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, Utica Fire Chief Russ Brooks suggested the City of Utica provide fire protection and emergency medical service to the Sherman Hills section of New Hartford. He correctly pointed out the Mohawk Street firehouse is much closer to this section than New Hartford's firehouse. I think the Shepherd Place firehouse is, too. This suggestion has alot of merit and is worth considering.
I hope New Hartford's elected officials and firefighters don't play politics with this issue. People's lives are at stake.
The city could raise alot of revenue by agreeing with the Village of New Hartford (I think the village owns the fire department) to provide fire protection and emergency medical service to the town north of Higby Road. This includes the Sherman Hills area, the Valley View Road, Cascade Drive, Sedgewick Park, Ironwood Road area and Stonebridge/Lower Woods Road area. Response time and quality of service would significantly improve. These people own some of the most valuable homes in the region, pay alot of property tax and deserve better service than volunteers provide. New Hartford's response time is too long, and their firefighters have no where near the experience Utica firefighters have.
Don't play politics with public safety. People's lives are at stake. New Hartford, do the right thing and shift this tax money to the city of Utica, which is the base of our economy. We need to keep that core healthy, and this is one common sense way to do it. It should have been done decades ago.
One super mask is what i need when washing mom, now stench burning my eyes.
Utica34

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

dont be cheap wrote:
Or better yet let New Hartford construct an additional fire house to handle those areas of urban sprawl. Stop being cheap. NH wants to sprawl right out like they have, yet not increase services to these areas.
One super mask is what i need when washing mom, now stench burning my eyes.
Jack Apples

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Is anyone left in UFD to cover New Hartford??

They had 23 retirees last year. I havent heard about any hiring, so that must mean the remaining staff will get a truckload of overtime, right?
Serious

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Only in our area could we fathom this is the deal of a lifetime..... Get rid of dedicated folk doing a job for free.....and replace them with people making overtime prob to the tune of over 50 to 75 an hour. This is so awesome I can't imagine why more suburbs don't run at this oppurtunity!!!!
Uticapride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

What does not make since is that you have New York Mills,Yorkville,Whitesboro,Whi testown, New Hartford and Utica are all within a few blocks of each other and no shared services. Maybe we can move the county building to the village of New Hartford so those on social services can be bused to collect their social services. Even better yet send all the non profits to New Hartford that don't pay taxes. How often does the Oneida county sheriff patrol Utica Streets? We survive as a region or die as a region.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Serious wrote:
Only in our area could we fathom this is the deal of a lifetime..... Get rid of dedicated folk doing a job for free.....and replace them with people making overtime prob to the tune of over 50 to 75 an hour. This is so awesome I can't imagine why more suburbs don't run at this oppurtunity!!!!
If you have property in the suburbs of utica sell.
Why

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Uticapride wrote:
What does not make since is that you have New York Mills,Yorkville,Whitesboro,Whi testown, New Hartford and Utica are all within a few blocks of each other and no shared services. Maybe we can move the county building to the village of New Hartford so those on social services can be bused to collect their social services. Even better yet send all the non profits to New Hartford that don't pay taxes. How often does the Oneida county sheriff patrol Utica Streets? We survive as a region or die as a region.
Why should we that live elsewhere bail out Utica? Most of us moved out of Utica and for good reason. It was run like crap, corrupt, and the quality of life sucked donkey. To think that some of you would propose you now thrust your city issues on us is insane. People vote with there feet. People will continue to move further out. We moved out of the city and will in fact move again If we have to have anything to do with that dump city. Enough is enough. Leave the suburbs alone. And deal with the mess. You made it. You clean it up. The suburbs don't or need your shared services.
spletch

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

New Hartford has the fire station in Chadwicks. The Willowvale fire department can get to these areas very quickly. NH does not need the city or another firehouse.
actually

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

spletch wrote:
New Hartford has the fire station in Chadwicks. The Willowvale fire department can get to these areas very quickly. NH does not need the city or another firehouse.
That is the Willowvale fire dept, not the NH fire department. Different entirely.

It is time for New Hartford to stop being cheap and form a full time paid fire department or expand their current volunteer one.
vollys

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

St lukes pays utica for coverage due to insurance vollys cant provide adequate services just stick to driving around with your blue lights its what your good at just be advised I wont move for you!
actually

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

vollys wrote:
St lukes pays utica for coverage due to insurance vollys cant provide adequate services just stick to driving around with your blue lights its what your good at just be advised I wont move for you!
No, actually, St. Luke's does not pay Utica for fire services.
vollys

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Ya they do
actually

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

No they really don't pay the City for fire coverage. There has never been any agreement in place for them to either.
Why

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

actually wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the Willowvale fire dept, not the NH fire department. Different entirely.
It is time for New Hartford to stop being cheap and form a full time paid fire department or expand their current volunteer one.
And why would they do this? Maybe you the asshat writing all this wants a job?
Please. They're doing it for free and doing a fine job. Why expand ? Everything is fine as it is!
Does your ward nurse know your on the computer typing to humans ? Go back and take your Thorazine.
Wannabe losers

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

vollys wrote:
Fine. Don't move and be considerate to your fellow man that has an emergency? Are you that retarded that you think your some how hurting the fireman responding? Moron. Your just delaying someone getting help. Then you wanna rag on volunteer response times. Can't have it both way freak. Hopefully that emergency you won't give right of way to is some how associated to you or one of your worthless inbred family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of124
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

181 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Forcible touching handcuffed to a dumpster? 4 min Randy 5
An ode to Rashy Riggie Boy 18 min Rashy Dave 21
Where to get wood chips in bulk (Jun '10) 23 min just passing thru 22
Dan LaBella...where is he now? 24 min Wonder 101
Amy Warney back in OCJ. 25 min nasty 47
Laughing At Utica 27 min Land of analphabetism 2
Official: Goodbye Comets 30 min horses mouth 29
comets vancouver 5 hr Canucks Hate Riggies 110
Proctor baseball 8 hr Tony 27