Nanotechnology Complex Becoming Reali...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
315 Is A Joke

Albany, NY

#90 Aug 3, 2013
Seth wrote:
There will never be a nanotech complex in Utica, when there are so many other better places to put this. Keep dreaming.
Exactly.
315 Is A Joke

Gouverneur, NY

#91 Aug 3, 2013
315 Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
and I will be licking manwholes for cheap and getting rich while they wait!!!! Lolololol

Cliffy
Did my part

United States

#93 Aug 5, 2013
Glad I Dont Live There wrote:
<quoted text>
...and this is the mentality that keeps people away. Lol
I did my part to make sure their systemic racism was known and hit the "Revenge Motherlode" LMAO! NO nanotech company or investors will ever set up shop there. Period.
Those in Glass Houses

New Hartford, NY

#94 Aug 5, 2013
Glad I Dont Live There wrote:
<quoted text>
...and this is the mentality that keeps people away. Lol
Albany, NY among the most unfriendly cities in the world - The ...

The Business Journal
4 days ago
Aug 01, 2013 · Albany is the 7th most unfriendly city in the country and the 13th unfriendliest in the world, according to a survey by Conde Nast …

Because of people like you in Clifton Park. Makes your area one of the most unfriendly in the world. Those in glass houses should not be throwing stones.
Utica Pride

New Hartford, NY

#97 Aug 7, 2013
laugh and a half wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for yourself utican. Only a complete desperate moron would actually consider Albany being so bad something that in their imagination made utica "better".
So this is what these losers have to lie to themselves about to feel less ridiculous?
Utica makes people desperate and delusional being stuck up in that retard backwater with all the liars and braggart welfare job people.
Not sure of the motive of people on a mission in trashing a city that they don't live in. Either they personally gain from it or they had a bad experience when they lived here.

Well here is two videos that talk about how things are now. Things are changing for the better and smart business leaders are investing again.

Here are their stories of why they want to open a business up here. In Utica, NY.

&fe ature=youtu.be
Marketing Video from City of Utica on recent Economic Development/Incredible testimonials from business leaders why they are investing in Utica, NY Part I

1EcoDev
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Marketing Video from City of Utica on recent Economic Development/Incredible testimonials from business leaders why they are investing in Utica, NY Part II

Utica Development2

Would not want to live any where else in the world.
Wilber

Syracuse, NY

#98 Aug 7, 2013
Utica Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure of the motive of people on a mission in trashing a city that they don't live in. Either they personally gain from it or they had a bad experience when they lived here.
Well here is two videos that talk about how things are now. Things are changing for the better and smart business leaders are investing again.
Here are their stories of why they want to open a business up here. In Utica, NY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MmKCmzDhM-MXX&feature=you tu.be
Marketing Video from City of Utica on recent Economic Development/Incredible testimonials from business leaders why they are investing in Utica, NY Part I
1EcoDev
Marketing Video from City of Utica on recent Economic Development/Incredible testimonials from business leaders why they are investing in Utica, NY Part II
Utica Development2
I've lived here for over thirty years, and its only getting worse. I see no hope for things getting any better for Utica. It has not reached bottom yet, it will only get worse.

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#99 Aug 7, 2013
Utica Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MmKCmzDhM-MXX&feature=you tu.be
1EcoDev
Utica Development2
YAY! More minimum wage corporate jobs that push out smaller mom and pop businesses that give Utica a unique identity.

I work in downtown Rochester and it sucks. There is a reason people don't visit "downtown" areas in cities. Too much traffic, no parking or expensive parking. High crime areas surrounding the business districts. Lots of pollution (i.e. noise and chemical).

Utica died for many reasons. Until those reasons are addressed, the area will remain the way it is.

The hockey team will be the first to go. There is simply not enough demand for hockey. If our business leaders were smarter, they would have brought NASCAR in.

Level 5

Location hidden

#100 Aug 7, 2013
Wilber wrote:
<quoted text>I've lived here for over thirty years, and its only getting worse. I see no hope for things getting any better for Utica. It has not reached bottom yet, it will only get worse.
Crime is definitely up.

A couple of weeks ago I visited a business in the Oneida Square area as I have done for years. I talked to the owner of the business and he stated that the area has gotten worse. Violence is an almost daily thing. Drug dealers are actively selling drugs in the open. The police are just overwhelmed.
Oneida Square

New Hartford, NY

#102 Aug 8, 2013
NYGunman wrote:
<quoted text>Crime is definitely up.
A couple of weeks ago I visited a business in the Oneida Square area as I have done for years. I talked to the owner of the business and he stated that the area has gotten worse. Violence is an almost daily thing. Drug dealers are actively selling drugs in the open. The police are just overwhelmed.
Last weeks news.

In Oneida Square, Bob Donnelly, owner of City Gym, is moving just down
the roundabout to 1301 Oneida St. Donnelly currently rents the building
on Oneida Street, where his gym is located, and he believes moving down
the block will help improve the entire neighborhood, he said.

“We want to become an anchor for the area,” he said.

He also plans on expanding, since his available space will more than
triple from 6,000 square feet to roughly 20,000 square feet.

That expansion will include a tanning salon, vitamin shop and juice bar.
Donnelly owns 13 properties in the city, mostly apartments. He
purchased the site for $7,500.

Bringing back commercial properties, such as 1301 Oneida St., can
change the complexion of a neighborhood, said Gene Allen, the agency's
marketing director.

“No one else has anything like,” he said.“It can become a destination
business for the area.”

Also, the hair salon that was in this building rehabbed a vacant building next door. It looks beautiful.

I eat at the two Spanish restaurants on Oneida Square. Also,an awesome place for pizza and Dunkin.

You have Pratt University/Munson William Proctor Museum,Fountain of Elms,Utica Public Libary and the Refugee Center all within one block. I know young professionals that live in the brickstone. I live six blocks from there and love the area and my older home.

The only remaining problem is the convenient store and one certain owner named Joel Grimaldi that does nothing with his abandon property.

That area is coming back.
Oneida Square

New Hartford, NY

#103 Aug 8, 2013
NYGunman wrote:
<quoted text>YAY! More minimum wage corporate jobs that push out smaller mom and pop businesses that give Utica a unique identity.
I work in downtown Rochester and it sucks. There is a reason people don't visit "downtown" areas in cities. Too much traffic, no parking or expensive parking. High crime areas surrounding the business districts. Lots of pollution (i.e. noise and chemical).
Utica died for many reasons. Until those reasons are addressed, the area will remain the way it is.
The hockey team will be the first to go. There is simply not enough demand for hockey. If our business leaders were smarter, they would have brought NASCAR in.
I went to Rochester on a recent trip with my family on the way to Darien Lake. Stayed at the Hyatt,went to the Museum of play and hat a great dinner in Cornhill Landing. It was a great experience. People are visiting and moving back to cities. It's a national trend away fro the suburbs. Not sure where you get your information.

Utica may have had it's problems,like most rust belt cities when many manufactures left. Now,it different. Utica is reinventing itself. With Cyber Security,Homeland Security and Nano coming next year. Jobs that pay 80,000 to 90,000 dollars a year. Plus,all the new investment by the business leaders in the video.

I lived in the south. Texas and Fla they sucked. I am glad I am here where I can breath the air. Close to the Mountains with some of the best recreation in the world. Stop being so negative. Stop and smell the roses. Life moves to quick to be miserable.

Level 5

Location hidden

#104 Aug 8, 2013
Oneida Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Last weeks news.
In Oneida Square, Bob Donnelly, owner of City Gym, is moving just down
the roundabout to 1301 Oneida St. Donnelly currently rents the building
on Oneida Street, where his gym is located, and he believes moving down
the block will help improve the entire neighborhood, he said.
“We want to become an anchor for the area,” he said.
He also plans on expanding, since his available space will more than
triple from 6,000 square feet to roughly 20,000 square feet.
That expansion will include a tanning salon, vitamin shop and juice bar.
Donnelly owns 13 properties in the city, mostly apartments. He
purchased the site for $7,500.
Bringing back commercial properties, such as 1301 Oneida St., can
change the complexion of a neighborhood, said Gene Allen, the agency's
marketing director.
“No one else has anything like,” he said.“It can become a destination
business for the area.”
Also, the hair salon that was in this building rehabbed a vacant building next door. It looks beautiful.
I eat at the two Spanish restaurants on Oneida Square. Also,an awesome place for pizza and Dunkin.
You have Pratt University/Munson William Proctor Museum,Fountain of Elms,Utica Public Libary and the Refugee Center all within one block. I know young professionals that live in the brickstone. I live six blocks from there and love the area and my older home.
The only remaining problem is the convenient store and one certain owner named Joel Grimaldi that does nothing with his abandon property.
That area is coming back.
I don't care what fake BS news that you print, the area is getting worse despite the fact that investors have been dumping money in that area for years.

I actually witnessed an assault down there. Some hoodlums sucker punched a drunk. The drunk fell down and they took off. A few minutes later the hoodlums came back and punched the drunk again. This time he fell backwards and hit his head HARD against the concrete.

At that point I was going to call the cops but my friend urged me not too. He owns a business down there and the hoodlums might think it was him that called. Earlier in the week they called the cops on a drug dealer that would not stop dealing drugs in the parking lot. They warned the drug dealer several times to go somewhere else but the drug dealer ignored the demands. Finally they called the cops.

The cops came and checked the drug dealer out. Of course he didn't have anything on him so they could not arrest him. After the cops left he went into the business and threaten to burn the place down.

There has ALWAYS been drugs, violence and prostitution in that area. However the drug dealers usually kept to themselves and respected the business owners. The new batch are just crazy violent.

Level 5

Location hidden

#105 Aug 8, 2013
Oneida Square wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Rochester on a recent trip with my family on the way to Darien Lake. Stayed at the Hyatt,went to the Museum of play and hat a great dinner in Cornhill Landing. It was a great experience. People are visiting and moving back to cities. It's a national trend away fro the suburbs. Not sure where you get your information.
Okay, you VISITED the tourist areas. I HAVE TO WORK there. Here is my experience:

1) Leave early am.
2) Get stuck in rush hour traffic. It adds at least 20 minutes to my time.
3) Park in a parking garage. Get on elevator that smells like pee. Press button to reach ground level. Cringe at the unknown sticky substance that is now on finger.
4) Start walk that takes about 10 minutes in rain, sleet, snow and excessive heat. Real fun to do in business attire.
5) Ignore bums asking for money. Try not to step in their vomit and poop.
6)Walk up street that is terribly windy. Try not to get pooped on by the flocks of pigeons.
7)Go inside building. Wait up to 3 minutes with everyone else.
8) Get on crowded elevator with crop dusters and women that wear heavy cheap perfume. Try not to breath or suffer an asthma attack. Wait 3 minutes to go through the various floors.
9) Finally get to work.

Working and living in the city sucks.
Sheldon

Syracuse, NY

#107 Aug 8, 2013
Oneida Square wrote:
<quoted text>
Utica may have had it's problems,like most rust belt cities when many manufactures left. Now,it different. Utica is reinventing itself. With Cyber Security,Homeland Security and Nano coming next year. Jobs that pay 80,000 to 90,000 dollars a year. Plus,all the new investment by the business leaders in the video.
I lived in the south. Texas and Fla they sucked. I am glad I am here where I can breath the air. Close to the Mountains with some of the best recreation in the world. Stop being so negative. Stop and smell the roses. Life moves to quick to be miserable.
You really could use a shot of reality. Yes, some people are moving back into cities, but thats only in real cities. Under the current state of affairs, that won't happen in Utica. You have to be certifiably insane, as well as asinine, to say that Florida sucks. My homes in New Hartford and Manlius will be displaying "for sale" signs in the near future. My home in Tampa won't be. Utica, and the surrounding areas, as well as Syracuse and its suburbs, pale in comparison. Upstate NY in general is terrible, however Utica is the absolute worst city in NYS.
Marquetta Shimabukuro

Phoenix, AZ

#111 Aug 9, 2013
The Utica Sign LOL

Albany, NY

#112 Aug 9, 2013
Sheldon wrote:
<quoted text>You really could use a shot of reality. Yes, some people are moving back into cities, but thats only in real cities. Under the current state of affairs, that won't happen in Utica. You have to be certifiably insane, as well as asinine, to say that Florida sucks. My homes in New Hartford and Manlius will be displaying "for sale" signs in the near future. My home in Tampa won't be. Utica, and the surrounding areas, as well as Syracuse and its suburbs, pale in comparison. Upstate NY in general is terrible, however Utica is the absolute worst city in NYS.
Utica is the worst of the worst. No doubt. Lol
go nana and utica

Whitesboro, NY

#127 Sep 17, 2014
Utica is BEST city in nys and the jobs at nano will pay us 200k plus.
My 14 yr old is already planning to work for the best company in the us of a
Whats A Nana

Dublin, PA

#128 Sep 17, 2014
go nana and utica wrote:
Utica is BEST city in nys and the jobs at nano will pay us 200k plus.
My 14 yr old is already planning to work for the best company in the us of a
Now that's funny.
More nano lies

United States

#129 Sep 18, 2014
Still no jobs huh? How funny all those phony "job fairs" in their news look now a year later!
Salt And Vinegar Fries

Avondale, PA

#130 Sep 19, 2014
More nano lies wrote:
Still no jobs huh? How funny all those phony "job fairs" in their news look now a year later!
Job fairs? Lol! I still remember the pictures from that event. Most people were dressed like it was the state fair! Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mario Pass Goes Postal Over Andrew Zimmern Visit 9 min Mario pass 2
Utica Common Council 24 min Read This 65
Vaginatucci UNHINGED! 39 min Jim Martin Design... 40
See how this is gonna work from now on Tazz low... 41 min Jim Martin Design... 6
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... (Jul '16) 42 min Jim Martin Design... 134
Nicole Mazza 44 min Rico 2
OC ADA Mike Nolan.... 45 min Jim Martin Design... 101
it is ONE person that posts all these bogus thr... 2 hr FlattenedVagVagin... 37
Slocum Urgent Care 4 hr agree 43

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages