Nanotechnology Complex Becoming Reali...
Andreas

Rome, NY

#65 Jul 12, 2013
Utica Investor wrote:
<quoted text>
I am buying real estate in Utica. Looking forward to making money. Nothing in life is a sure bet. But, I feel comfortable with my investments.
Go ahead and buy all the run down wasteland you can. A fool and his money are soon parted! Real estate is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it, and many times you can be a fool and still make money. All it takes is re-selling it to a bigger fool! The reason so many buildings are crumbling and vacant, is because they are not econmically viable. There is no business that has a use for them. They will cost more to renovate than they are worth. So go ahead, buy up the entire city. At the rate things are going, all of it will be on sale soon.
Taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#66 Jul 13, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
A large portion of that money will be spent locally on salaries, supplies, utilities, equipment and equipment upgrades. The average salary for the workers will be around $80,000 or $90,000, with salaries beginning at around $30,000 and rising far higher, officials said.
The facility’s employees, many of whom could be moving into the area from elsewhere, will be spending their money on everything from housing and construction to entertainment to clothing.
“It’s a huge positive, ongoing infusion of money into the entire county,” said Mohawk Valley Community College Economics Professor Arthur Friedburg.
If these jobs are government funded by taxpayers, their positive economic impact is minimal at best. Why? because the mony to fund them comes out of the economy via taxes. It's kind of like shifting money from one pocket to another. This project will only help us grow if it attracts private companies, investment and jobs.

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#67 Jul 13, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>If these jobs are government funded by taxpayers, their positive economic impact is minimal at best. Why? because the mony to fund them comes out of the economy via taxes. It's kind of like shifting money from one pocket to another. This project will only help us grow if it attracts private companies, investment and jobs.
That's like saying me buying a car is taking money out of the economy. Taxpayers are buying a Nanotech center, and the jobs that go along with it, through taxes.
Sad

United States

#68 Jul 13, 2013
Corporate welfare.

Someone should post the entire tsmc report to show the ny taxpayer suckers just how offended tiawan semiconductor was at the area. They wouldn't even finish their study they were in such a hurry to forget ny.
Bud

Minoa, NY

#69 Jul 13, 2013
Build the Hockey Arena?so that SUNY can have a Hockey Team!!!,
Buzzer

East Hartford, CT

#70 Jul 29, 2013
CCP Is Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority will live in Syracuse.
Yup. Anyone that knows the few "area" people that work at Rome Labs... knows that the newest employees are actually Syracuse commuters. They've stopped hiring local students because the SAB investigation a few years back criticized the hiring of "local" (ie SUNYIT) "talent" in Rome. So in attracting newer employees from Clarkson, RIT, etc they are all buying houses west of Canastota after being offended by the offers of "houses" in the Utica/Rome/New Hartford area.

Even employees who live in Canastota live there so they can spend money in Syracuse.

That means tax dollars expected to be spent in Oneida County are actually going to be spent in Onondaga County communities. I do not expect anything different from the "nanotech" employees... if there will be any.
SUNYIT parking enforcemen

Syracuse, NY

#71 Jul 29, 2013
Great! Now we'll get some out of towners to issue citations! All that money just rolling in from parking tickets - I can smell the coffee and donuts.
Buzzer

East Hartford, CT

#72 Jul 29, 2013
SUNYIT parking enforcemen wrote:
Great! Now we'll get some out of towners to issue citations! All that money just rolling in from parking tickets - I can smell the coffee and donuts.
See? Even "SUNYIT parking enforcemen" is from Syracuse!
NoRain

Carthage, NY

#73 Jul 29, 2013
Glad to see its moving along. Hope it happens to a substantial capacity because it will benefit a lot. ALL the best.
Land of analphabetism

United States

#74 Jul 29, 2013
NoRain wrote:
Glad to see its moving along. Hope it happens to a substantial capacity because it will benefit a lot. ALL the best.
Let us know how that works out for you. The largest investment crowd in the world just passed them over and they'll never be going back for a second look.

#14 Unemployment rate (Apr.- May 2013): 10.2 percent verified vs. 9.6 claimed.

#15 Reporters at the Albany Times Union lied on behalf of Cuomo administration and claimed a supposed "Azalia" project was "coming". This personally offended a certain old CEO far far away who could have given them "all the best".

We won't be letting any more ny parasites being enabled anymore. They just want to steal money they do not themselves earn or risk.
Cretin Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#75 Jul 29, 2013
Land of analphabetism wrote:
<quoted text>Let us know how that works out for you. The largest investment crowd in the world just passed them over and they'll never be going back for a second look.
#14 Unemployment rate (Apr.- May 2013): 10.2 percent verified vs. 9.6 claimed.
#15 Reporters at the Albany Times Union lied on behalf of Cuomo administration and claimed a supposed "Azalia" project was "coming". This personally offended a certain old CEO far far away who could have given them "all the best".
We won't be letting any more ny parasites being enabled anymore. They just want to steal money they do not themselves earn or risk.
Warning: The self proclaimed moron, Cretin, is posting above.
Phil

Syracuse, NY

#76 Jul 29, 2013
I'm still waiting for the nanononsense plant. I'm sure it will be here soon, just like everything else that has ever been promised to Utica. By the way, I also live in Syracuse, and commute to the hellhole of Utica. I would be ashamed to live there. Its bad enough I have to work in Utica. The best thing about Utica is leaving Utica.
315 Is A Joke

Gouverneur, NY

#78 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>Utica was always a stinking feces hole of lowlife humanity. The Friends & Family used to leech off the intelligent hard working people until the smart eople wizened upand left them to squabble over their fecal hole cesspool to themselves!
They claim they want a government subsidied "Super dooper Nano Center" to tax to death and leech off the workers so they can pretend their "OOOotica High Roller" scumbags driving around in their Escalades lol!
These fucking retard inbreed people can't even keep a Friendly's Ice Cream stand yet they think we're going to ok a multibillion $$ outlay from people who are good to us. No way pal.
Utica and NYS has literally burned its bridges with the rest of the civilized world.
Keep voting for Cummos, Destitos and Griffo Beengreazys and let us know how that works out for you scumbags.
Maybe Steve DiMeo will give back some of the money he's suck you dry for for doing nothing but landing a paper towel warehouse and actually doofing you gullible ignorant parrots into thinking a $500Milliion NANO NANO plant is breaking ground.
Seriously, I can't think of any other group of people I have ever even HEARD of besides the Jews who are so generationally gullible and ripped off. Utica sooooo deserves its current state. Scream louder folks! It's funny for most of us outsiders!
O..........M..........G! How you manage to say the same thing over and over and over and over with nothing but hatred for anything decent is nothing short of genius Cretin! My pooper is dripping love juice for you right now!

Cliffy
315 Is A Joke

Gouverneur, NY

#80 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>Truth hurt?
I'm sure your limited income/future makes your "parents" so proud of their sexually frustrated "son" whose creative limits begin and end with sex pervert comments and crude infantile humor.
This is why you uticans simply deserve to be ridiculed and kept down.
Time to wake up and put a few more nails in the coffin of the mohawk valley while enriching ours.
Enjoy your pubic scumbag job in the corrupt cistern that is "New York"!
"Nails in the coffin of the Mohawk Valley"!?!?!?! That's pure gold!!! With your genius and Topix as a platform for your hatred of anything decent your Master Plan will succeed!!! The juice in my diaper is evidence of that!!! Come and get you some Cretin you wise wizard of wit!!!!

Love,
Cliffy
Utica Pride

New Hartford, NY

#81 Jul 30, 2013
315 Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nails in the coffin of the Mohawk Valley"!?!?!?! That's pure gold!!! With your genius and Topix as a platform for your hatred of anything decent your Master Plan will succeed!!! The juice in my diaper is evidence of that!!! Come and get you some Cretin you wise wizard of wit!!!!
Love,
Cliffy
I am so excited for the future of the Utica/Rome area. Just heard we are getting a new area code.

Something personal and awful must have happened to the negative nellies. To be on a personal mission to stay on topic all day putting the area and people down. Never have I witnessed.such venom. I hope they can find peace in life and focus on the healing process. I am worried about their mental health and well being. Maybe it's time to seek professional help to let go of your anger issues.,
315 Is A Joke

Albany, NY

#83 Jul 30, 2013
Buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Anyone that knows the few "area" people that work at Rome Labs... knows that the newest employees are actually Syracuse commuters. They've stopped hiring local students because the SAB investigation a few years back criticized the hiring of "local" (ie SUNYIT) "talent" in Rome. So in attracting newer employees from Clarkson, RIT, etc they are all buying houses west of Canastota after being offended by the offers of "houses" in the Utica/Rome/New Hartford area.
Even employees who live in Canastota live there so they can spend money in Syracuse.
That means tax dollars expected to be spent in Oneida County are actually going to be spent in Onondaga County communities. I do not expect anything different from the "nanotech" employees... if there will be any.
Truth.
Land of analpabetism

Gouverneur, NY

#86 Jul 31, 2013
315 Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you keep up with your central ny originality whitesboro trash by emulating my screen name. That's ok with me. Keep promoting 315 is a joke please you moron. Lol
It's all part of our Master Plan and the stoooopid Oooticans fall for it every time!!! Cliffy, we will have the coffin nailed shut in no time!! Give me some of that rank bungwhole right now!!!

Love,
Cretin
315 Is A Joke

Albany, NY

#87 Aug 1, 2013
My second favorite thread. Lol
Seth

Syracuse, NY

#88 Aug 1, 2013
There will never be a nanotech complex in Utica, when there are so many other better places to put this. Keep dreaming.
LiveFromMomsBase ment

Syracuse, NY

#89 Aug 2, 2013
Agreed - they'll pull a fast one at the last minute - "We have found an even greater place to put the lab! Mexico City Mexico!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayors $20,000 raise 19 min WhoYouKnow 83
Nano Uodate 25 min KingAndrewCuomo 97
Nevermind 26 min KingAndrewCuomo 5
Cotrupe van and drugs 28 min Vito Spatafore 7
Beaner AKA Brandon McConnell busted !! 32 min Jasper29 14
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 1 hr Welfare wendy 63
Utica Doesn't RIOT 2 hr Boom 6
Jolene Ferris 2 hr nothing great 4
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 11 hr j3333rd 454
Sad Marriages 15 hr Promiscuous Phony 15