|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL Utica Is High Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing that. Lol
Learn the facts... NY State government from day 1 has been providing funcs to these businesses to lure them there. If it stops, growth will as well...

Times Union Article: "More high-tech plants remain option if state keeps money tap open"

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/More-...
LOL Utica Is High Tech

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL Utica Is High Tech wrote:
Every minute it's closer. Lol
And every manwhole cleaned is another $1.00.
Whitesboro Is Trash Tech

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

One more day closer. Lol
Not High Tech

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

If Clifton Park is so high tech then why are there no high tech jobs in Clifton Park:

http://www.indeed.com/jobs...

All the high tech jobs are in the surrounding areas such as Albany, Malta, etc. Appears Clifton Park mainly has retail jobs...

I guess you could always be a financial advisor/sell insurance.:-)
Whitesboro Is Trash Tech

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

albany low tech crime wrote:
They are surround by crime.
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Albany has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 17. Within New York, more than 98% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Albany.
Cliffy prays he will get manraped.
I would love a good kornwholing!
LOLWhitesboro Trash Tech

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Not High Tech wrote:
If Clifton Park is so high tech then why are there no high tech jobs in Clifton Park:
http://www.indeed.com/jobs...
All the high tech jobs are in the surrounding areas such as Albany, Malta, etc. Appears Clifton Park mainly has retail jobs...
I guess you could always be a financial advisor/sell insurance.:-)
It's a suburb re tard. I know your small mind can't process big ideas like this but it's a community of people that actually makes a difference in the outside world. We're not here fooling ourselves believing we are the centers of the universe like you jack holes in utica. We just go out and make a great living and then retire to our very comfortable community. This is the place where the wealthy of the capital district live. I have no expectations or wants for industry to come here. And actually the first signs of factories or foundries being placed here ill sell and leave. But on the other side did you know that clifton park has more hotels and hotel rooms than utica?n sweet tax revenue that utica only wishes it had. Lol
LOL Whitesboro Trash Tech

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

LOLWhitesboro Trash Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a suburb re tard. I know your small mind can't process big ideas like this but it's a community of people that actually makes a difference in the outside world. We're not here fooling ourselves believing we are the centers of the universe like you jack holes in utica. We just go out and make a great living and then retire to our very comfortable community. This is the place where the wealthy of the capital district live. I have no expectations or wants for industry to come here. And actually the first signs of factories or foundries being placed here ill sell and leave. But on the other side did you know that clifton park has more hotels and hotel rooms than utica?n sweet tax revenue that utica only wishes it had. Lol
and there are more men per thousand here in CP that like getting their salad tossed by me........can anyone tell me why I like tossing salad so much?
Hmmm

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

LOLWhitesboro Trash Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
David, you seem to believe you are the center of the Universe for some reason...
Whitesboro Trash TechLOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

LOL Whitesboro Trash Tech wrote:
<quoted text>
and there are more men per thousand here in CP that like getting their salad tossed by me........can anyone tell me why I like tossing salad so much?
More third grade humor from an idiot that can't face reality.
Whitesboro Trash TechLOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
David, you seem to believe you are the center of the Universe for some reason...
My name isn't David and if there was a center of the universe it would be a hell of a lot closer to the capital district then the utica region.
Whitesboro Trash TechLOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

One day closer. Lol
LOL Whitesboro Trash Tech

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Just one more day closer to the 15 billion dollar behemoth to be built. Hopefully the utica sign won't over shadow it.
Whitesboro Trash TechLOL

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Whitesboro Trash LOL wrote:
One more day. Lol
Yes, one more day on manwholes.......can somebody tell me why I like them so much.
David Smith

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

This is only the beginnning of what will be happening...

MARCY — After four years of waiting and wondering whether SUNYIT would get the multimillion dollar nanotechnology complex promised by state officials in 2009, ground is being broken at the site.

The $125 million Computer Chip Commercialization Center, known as the Quad C, is expected to be completed by the end of 2014, said Alain Kaloyeros, senior vice president and CEO of Albany’s College of Nanoscale Science and Technology, which is partnering with SUNYIT in the venture.

The annual operating budget is expected to exceed $500 million, he said.

“Residents will see new opportunities to build high-tech careers in their own backyard,” he said.

Quad C is being funded through a public-private sector partnership and is linked to Albany’s College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering. The chips that will be researched and developed at SUNYIT will be used in everything from phones to medical devices.

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x853677258/Ground...
David Smith

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

LOL Whitesboro Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you do a little more research idiot. Are you really proud that a 125 million facility is being built when the capital region has a 6.7 BILLION facility with a 15 BILLION one on the way? Do you really think this is something great? Do you also realize the people that actually earn money at that facility will be living in Syracuse or further not utica? Sure the janitors will live in the utica region but the higher ups most certainly will not. Lol
I know travel is a hard concept for the utican mind but its a reality. Lets put it in perspective. Saratoga to Albany is 40 miles. The utica region will see zero benefit from this. It's just a place to put something they want. Won't change a thing.
You really are an idiot... Look at the history of the Albany Chip plant. Did you start with $6.7B the first year? Seed monies are always put in place first and things are built and expanded from there. It has taken over 15 years to get where you are today. The Albany area started the Tech Valley idea in 1997 and there was no construction until 2002. You are very central (maybe feable) minded and can not see beyond your own backyard. Things will grow in other areas and this is only the beginning for the Utica Rome area. Go back to selling cars or whatever you do as that is all you seem to really understand...
David Smith

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Whitesboro Trash TechLOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I'm not an idiot. The original plant was 4.7 BILLION dollars. The expansion was 2 BILLION dollars. Theres currently a 15 BILLION dollar plant that has been submitted. So go hang your hat on a 125 million dollar "research" facility and check back in 5 years. It will be be abandoned by then. Enjoy. Lol
Cliffy -
Your numbers are slightly off but close (was $4.2B). Your groundbreaking for the chip plant took 7 years (announced in 2002 with groundbreaking in 2009)

"In 2002, the Saratoga Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) began to tout its proposed tech park, to be named the Luther Forest Technology Campus, as a site for a chip plant. It would be there that GlobalFoundries, a spin-off of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), decided to build a $4.2 billion dollar chip fab, ground breaking was in July 2009."

Things should move faster in our area and in 5 years we will have more than a promise like your area had...

More to come... We will be enjoying when additional information is released.
LOL
nanotech

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Whitesboro Trash TechLOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I'm not an idiot. The original plant was 4.7 BILLION dollars. The expansion was 2 BILLION dollars. Theres currently a 15 BILLION dollar plant that has been submitted. So go hang your hat on a 125 million dollar "research" facility and check back in 5 years. It will be be abandoned by then. Enjoy. Lol
Do you even have a clue about any of the technology that is being developed or do you just like to come here and troll about the amount of $$$$ being spent? The Malta area is benefiting from a a major investment from a company called Global Foundries. There are other even larger semiconductor companies also looking at upstate new york and their final destination has not been announced.
Trash In Whitesboro

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

David Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Cliffy -
Your numbers are slightly off but close (was $4.2B). Your groundbreaking for the chip plant took 7 years (announced in 2002 with groundbreaking in 2009)
"In 2002, the Saratoga Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) began to tout its proposed tech park, to be named the Luther Forest Technology Campus, as a site for a chip plant. It would be there that GlobalFoundries, a spin-off of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), decided to build a $4.2 billion dollar chip fab, ground breaking was in July 2009."
Things should move faster in our area and in 5 years we will have more than a promise like your area had...
More to come... We will be enjoying when additional information is released.
LOL
Well you're forgetting about the the 2.3 BILLION dollar expansion already being constructed.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/blog/2012/0...

You're also forgetting about the 15 BILLION dollar plant on the table with plans already submitted for approval.

http://www.timesunion.com/business/article/Ma...

...but keep spreading your peacock feathers about some 125 million dollar testing center. Lol
Trash In Whitesboro

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

nanotech wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even have a clue about any of the technology that is being developed or do you just like to come here and troll about the amount of $$$$ being spent? The Malta area is benefiting from a a major investment from a company called Global Foundries. There are other even larger semiconductor companies also looking at upstate new york and their final destination has not been announced.
You're clueless beyond help actually. I suggest you try a google search of global foundries and the companies they provide chips for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

223 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
weathertite fence willy & bill law enforcement ... 4 min dave 3
WKTV's new broadcast desk 5 min Dump Jason 15
Bobby O. 6 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 4
Taylor and crook 11 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 54
Robert T Oliveira Fibs Again 24 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 3
#boycottbaggssquare 42 min exactly 30
What Happened 48 min Jim 1
•••
•••