Symeon Is Not Like His Dad
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Like the guy

Syracuse, NY

#44 Jul 13, 2013
had enough wrote:
I ordered a salad at Symeon's once and it was drowned in Italian dressing. Any restaurant that knows anything about food knows that they should serve the salad with a cup of dressing on the side so you can add as much or as little as you want. It's safe to say I never went back to that dump. The whole drawing on the tables thing is stupid too. I took a group of adults to Symeon's to have a sophisticated grownup dinner and there were crayons at our table and a big piece of paper for a tablecloth. Never going back there. The place is also noisy also and most of the patrons wear jeans and t-shirts, kids running around, etc. Never going back to eat at that dump ever again.
Really....any restaurant that knows anything.......hah.....been to plenty and I always KNOW that I have to ask them to bring the salad in a side cup.....most restaurants put the dressing on the salad unless YOU ask them not to...You took a group of adults there for a sophisticated grown up dinner??? Really?? Perhaps methinks you need to take your sophisticated group to a fancy schmanzy place but I think most places nowadays are "down-to-earth" and "family friendly." I can't think of anyplace in our local area where you could have a sophisticated group of adults eat unbothered by families, children, music, TVs, etc., etc. Anyone know of such a place? Your best bet is to bring them to your home for some good food and sophistication!
ron

Utica, NY

#46 Jul 13, 2013
Ridiculous. He seems to act very normally to me. I've been there maybe 10 times in ten years. I always see him interacting with different people.
Toula

Syracuse, NY

#47 Jul 13, 2013
Smokey McBuzz wrote:
Knew a cook there...said that a lot of the menu items are microwaved....the saganaki, moussaka, pastichio, psari sto philo, even the 'baked' haddock....in fact...anything on the menu that states it's baked...is nuked....fine Greek cuisine for sure...but hey...they have everyone here thinking they serve great food...and good for them...paid for their houses and camps at the beach and Adirondacks...good for them!
Let us not forget that this is Utica, where the mediocre and mundane are held in the highest regard. People in Utica don't know better. This is the reason people from out of town, any other town, make so much fun and jokes about Utica people. Nothing more than a city full of hillbillies, that think they are high class.
Customer

AOL

#48 Jul 14, 2013
Food is not bad but Symeon comes across cocky and arrogant.
Wendy

Tully, NY

#51 Jul 14, 2013
Was a Customer wrote:
He talks only to certain people who eat at the restaurant.He acts cocky and loves the limelight.
Everything you say about symeon jr. is a LIE. I gothere I'm a nobody and he speaks to me! The foodis good - he does a great job and I'm sure Dad is proud of him.(seems that you might be JEALOUS, loser).
Ion

Tampa, FL

#52 Jul 14, 2013
It is good food. A bit pricy but it is cooked by well supervised cooks not some halfway house convicts in some backroom kitchen like many places. Their family is proud of their resturant and it shows. I will go back there again.
Remembering

AOL

#53 Jul 15, 2013
I remember Symeon in high school.He wrestled and was good.
Voula

Tully, NY

#54 Jul 15, 2013
It just amazes me by how many gourmet restaurant cooks have been created by the microwave oven. Insert package, push button, open door, slide onto plate, and serve.
Unknown

Whitesboro, NY

#55 Jul 15, 2013
I don't know the man well enough to have an opinion on his ego. And the original poster wasn't talking about the food.

But I do know from his commercials that he shouldn't wear those little eyeglass things when he goes tanning, because it leaves the little raccoon eyes thing going for him.

That's my only opinion on the whole thing.
Concerned

AOL

#56 Jul 15, 2013
He needs to remove himself from every fundraiser there is.People get tired of his phoniness.
actually

New York, NY

#57 Jul 15, 2013
Concerned wrote:
He needs to remove himself from every fundraiser there is.People get tired of his phoniness.
We need more people like him to step up and make a difference. Nothing phony about that.
joe

AOL

#58 Jul 15, 2013
We need less with his attidude.
MtIron

Cheyenne, WY

#59 Jul 15, 2013
I never minded the food at symeons and I think people who expect them to sit and hold your hand to make you feel special is silly. Thos are good people. I also dig Phoenician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are All Teachers Failures? 4 min so true 5
Barrier windows treats employees like shit (Apr '12) 6 min LIARS 9
Places for tomato pie? 14 min Stanky 6
Tenney 18 min Tenney Was Right 15
Utica...home. 19 min Homegrown 5
Just call-em Nijjers 22 min Nijjer 2
Africa LIST APPLE STORES 27 min Phil Shares 18
The U P D cover-up 58 min PUNKED UPD SQUIRRELS 43
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 1 hr Empty 123
notre dame whitesboro game 3 hr Darqwan 36