Carlisle, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Symeon's is a terrific restaurant. I've been a loyal customer for 30 years. The food is delicious and always consistent. Symeon is a great guy. Personable and friendly. A great family man and an asset to the community. He raises a lot of money for various causes such as cancer. Please don't confuse being super busy running a restaurant with not having time to talk to all customers. I know his father is very proud of him as well he should be. Symeon, thank you for all you do!
Hey Symeon

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Gateway To The ADX LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
100 percent not true but at least his parking lot is always full. Lol. As someone who has eaten probably a few hundred meals at their household while growing up they eat at home what they serve.
Do you know who this person is? Claims he lived in NH, Utica, Rome and now Clifton Park? Has a lot of negative things to say about this area that you and your family do great things for. Hope you are not friends with someone like that.
Take your meds

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Great guys father and son.
Tom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

I just do not like the guy as he comes off arrogant.
well

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Tom wrote:
I just do not like the guy as he comes off arrogant.
I have never seen him be anything but gracious and welcoming to everyone.
overover rated

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

actually, it is over rated...the clientele is mostly friends, family, and I KNOW that the food is NOT authentic, trust me, and the place is dirty. he should use some of his money to brighten it up and clean it up. so his friends and family will continue to be loyal, even though they would like to go elsewhere...me, I broke away years ago. now, I try all different restaurants!
Mick

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Olive Garden? that has to be the worst sugar food on the planet.
If you think olive garden is good food, you should stay home and eat campbells.
Oh, Symeon does think who he is. I dont like the guy at all.
Besides, you won't be getting into olive garden for at least 6 months, so...
lamb on a skewer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

While there may be wiggle room with regard to his purported arrogance, what you can't argue with is the longstanding success of that restaurant. I would switch places with that guy any day. Sure, Olive Garden won't help his business, but unless they decide to add souvlaki and baklava to their menu I suspect that over the long haul his numbers will suffer very very little.
polim

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

What I have to wonder is why all these whiners are going to Symeon's? Are you going there to eat or to talk with the owner? If you are going to eat, then eat and shut up and pay attention to the people at your own table. The place is a restaurant, not a social hour to talk with an restauranteur that none of you know on a personal basis.
You re Kidding Right

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

It's amazing how some people on Topix are. I try to check all the posts on Topix regarding food for this area, as I consider myself a connoisseur of food. Not for you or anyone else, but for MYSELF. I know what I like and dislike, and am always in search of a better fish fry, pasta sauce, pizza, prime rib, etc. If a restaurant receives enough praise, and I haven't been to it yet, I will try it. For your info, a lot of the chain restaurants do not prepare their meals fresh, from scratch. They receive them frozen/packaged and nuke, boil, etc. in package and serve. Anyway, in the past, you experts have shot down area pizzas as not being authentic, and not as good as New York City restaurants; pasta not being as good as Italy itself; now Symeon's not as good as New Jersey and Greece. Hey, it is what it is. We do not live in New York City, New Jersey, Italy or Greece. We live HERE, in Central New York. I don't care if it's authentic, or not as good as the other locations. If I like it, I eat it, if I don't I won't. I'll never forget visiting a cousin in St. Louis many years ago. She and her husband were big wigs in businesses there, and told how they had the corporate jet fly them one evening to NY City, for dinner at some super restaurant there. They acted like it was the same as my wife and I going to Syracuse for dinner. THEY could afford doing that. I can't. Can you? Most of us here in central NY can't. Therefore we will remain content with what we have. If you don't like the food, then go somewhere else!
wow

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you won't be getting into olive garden for at least 6 months, so...
Who the f wants to
sensitive

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Symeon is a great guy, does tons for charities, and is as personable as his Dad..the food is good...consistant.

Acropolis is more authentic.. but not open for lunch.
You want really authentic Greek..go to Athens!
Like the guy

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Really......whenever we go in to eat and it is not that often because we just don't like to go out to eat too much, Symeon's is one of our favorite places. Aside from running the place, he stops at lots of tables (including ours) to say hi even though he doens't know us. How many restaurants have the owner at least trying to stop and talk to customers? As far as Olive Garden goes, it is okay but you want good Italian, we have Michael T's as well as many other places.

Prices seem to be in line with other establishments. I guess no matter what you do, somebody will have complaints.
Bill Wilson

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Symeon is a great guy. Symeon's is a great restaurant.
Zeus

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

You re Kidding Right wrote:
It's amazing how some people on Topix are. I try to check all the posts on Topix regarding food for this area, as I consider myself a connoisseur of food. Not for you or anyone else, but for MYSELF. I know what I like and dislike, and am always in search of a better fish fry, pasta sauce, pizza, prime rib, etc. If a restaurant receives enough praise, and I haven't been to it yet, I will try it. For your info, a lot of the chain restaurants do not prepare their meals fresh, from scratch. They receive them frozen/packaged and nuke, boil, etc. in package and serve. Anyway, in the past, you experts have shot down area pizzas as not being authentic, and not as good as New York City restaurants; pasta not being as good as Italy itself; now Symeon's not as good as New Jersey and Greece. Hey, it is what it is. We do not live in New York City, New Jersey, Italy or Greece. We live HERE, in Central New York. I don't care if it's authentic, or not as good as the other locations. If I like it, I eat it, if I don't I won't. I'll never forget visiting a cousin in St. Louis many years ago. She and her husband were big wigs in businesses there, and told how they had the corporate jet fly them one evening to NY City, for dinner at some super restaurant there. They acted like it was the same as my wife and I going to Syracuse for dinner. THEY could afford doing that. I can't. Can you? Most of us here in central NY can't. Therefore we will remain content with what we have. If you don't like the food, then go somewhere else!
Couldn't have said it better myself. And by the way, I have had Greek food in Athens
sushi

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

bob wrote:
Food is crap. Olive Garden will put him out of business.
... olive garden is going to be a big hit at first but what is olive garden? all Italian food... just like every other place here in Utica.... and there $$ are tipple Symeons... have you ever been to one? corporate America crap... all its going to do is hurt other local business ....
Idiots

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

One more example of how the natives bite the hand that feeds them. It's one thing to critique food but another to publicly attack character. I ask myself every day, how much longer am I going to waste of my life here in cny? S Jr., is a great guy, family man etc. The guy pays a ton of taxes, has created jobs and spends his money locally. Not to mention, he generously gives of his time while taking away from family to help various charities. Get off his back and be thankful people like him haven't completely given up on loserville.
babe

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

lamb on a skewer wrote:
Sure, he has an air of arrogance about him, but then again, he can. He has one of the most successful restaurants in the area, he is financially well off, well known and liked and has a hot wife to boot. I'd be arrogant myself. I've been going to that restaurant for 25 years and while the prices have gone up, the quality of the food and service has remained constant. There is nothing obvious to suggest he is any worse at running the place than his father was.
Hi JGM!
Vin

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

I love the food and price's. He is a great guy too
Youre Just Jealous

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Symeon is so not arrogant at all. Very personable and down to earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny: Utica in Urban Dictionary (Aug '08) 26 min WELL 10
Remington Should Just Close 32 min Jennifer 7
Should Police Officers Wear Cameras 33 min WELL 5
little league world series 37 min Marquis 4
apac hiring 100 people (Jul '10) 39 min Ape 33
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 40 min Confucius 5
Protest In James St Park Yesterday 52 min Big Head Al 1
utica aud 1 hr Thanks Again 88
What's the difference between a naked white wom... 1 hr Pale face with 2 ... 5
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 1 hr phil D 61