AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

He talks only to certain people who eat at the restaurant.He acts cocky and loves the limelight.
rebecca d

Sunnyside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Was a Customer wrote:
He talks only to certain people who eat at the restaurant.He acts cocky and loves the limelight.
OMG. Soooooo true. He's mad conceded and his food isn't that amazing. Granted its decent but kinda overpriced for what you get. Not like old dayz with his pops
What

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Their food is over priced and very bland.
Phryg

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
Their food is over priced and very bland.
Its not bland. You're just not a fan of greek food, that's all. And overpriced? Dinner for four for me was only $45 fir EVERYTHING.
Mick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

If you don't like it, DON'T GO THERE!!!!
At least symeon takes time to acknowledge hid customers and thank them for coming. What a gentleman!
lamb on a skewer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Sure, he has an air of arrogance about him, but then again, he can. He has one of the most successful restaurants in the area, he is financially well off, well known and liked and has a hot wife to boot. I'd be arrogant myself. I've been going to that restaurant for 25 years and while the prices have gone up, the quality of the food and service has remained constant. There is nothing obvious to suggest he is any worse at running the place than his father was.
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

lamb on a skewer wrote:
Sure, he has an air of arrogance about him, but then again, he can. He has one of the most successful restaurants in the area, he is financially well off, well known and liked and has a hot wife to boot. I'd be arrogant myself. I've been going to that restaurant for 25 years and while the prices have gone up, the quality of the food and service has remained constant. There is nothing obvious to suggest he is any worse at running the place than his father was.
Pretty much this. SJ is a good dude.
knockoff greek

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

not authentic greek food at all. half his menu is bought and brought in. the other half was stolen from his fathers former friend who opened acropolis. he's cocky because his father left it to him to run, and he doesn't do much of anything to have earned it. spoiled kid who never had to earn anything for his own.
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

knockoff greek wrote:
not authentic greek food at all. half his menu is bought and brought in. the other half was stolen from his fathers former friend who opened acropolis. he's cocky because his father left it to him to run, and he doesn't do much of anything to have earned it. spoiled kid who never had to earn anything for his own.
100 percent not true but at least his parking lot is always full. Lol. As someone who has eaten probably a few hundred meals at their household while growing up they eat at home what they serve.
knockoff greek

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Gateway To The ADX LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
100 percent not true but at least his parking lot is always full. Lol. As someone who has eaten probably a few hundred meals at their household while growing up they eat at home what they serve.
So they eat the same bought stuff at home. It's not authentic, most of it is bought. They created a name, thats all they did. Any real Greek would laugh at their food.
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

knockoff greek wrote:
<quoted text>
So they eat the same bought stuff at home. It's not authentic, most of it is bought. They created a name, thats all they did. Any real Greek would laugh at their food.
Spoken like someone who truly doesn't know what the fu ck they are talking about.
one who knows

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

I knew the "old man" Simon before he even opened up his first restaurant on Oneida St. We both were employed by Met Life as Life Ins. salespeople and use to go out together selling insurance policies.

Simon was always talking about his dream to open up a Greek Restaurant and the love for his wife and small children.

Today, he is retired and living the good life and I am happy to learn that he accomplished his dream. I do NOT know anything about his son who is now running the restaurant but due to his father's influence, I doubt very much that he is as arogrant as people on here are making him out to be.
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

one who knows wrote:
I knew the "old man" Simon before he even opened up his first restaurant on Oneida St. We both were employed by Met Life as Life Ins. salespeople and use to go out together selling insurance policies.
Simon was always talking about his dream to open up a Greek Restaurant and the love for his wife and small children.
Today, he is retired and living the good life and I am happy to learn that he accomplished his dream. I do NOT know anything about his son who is now running the restaurant but due to his father's influence, I doubt very much that he is as arogrant as people on here are making him out to be.
Senior is a good man. I always thought he would run for a local political office. He knows his sh it and isn't afraid to speak it either. The utica region would have been better off with successful businessmen like him who couldn't care less about the salary of the position but the importance to the future it brings.
You re Kidding Right

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

I've been going to Symeon's for just over 30 years, averaging 6 to 8 times each year. Their food has not changed one single bit through the years, except I recall having grape leaves in the salad originally. Their commercial about consistency is certainly true. Symeon nor his dad when he was there, don't know my wife or myself from Adam, but every once in a while, we have been acknowledged by them asking how we were and if they could get us anything, and how is our meal. I don't agree with any of the accusations posted, and my whole family thinks their food is GREAT, and will keep going back as a treat. And when they had their fire, just how was the help treated when they were out of work for so long, and how come they are all still adding to all the years they've worked there?
Gateway To The ADX LOL

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

You re Kidding Right wrote:
I've been going to Symeon's for just over 30 years, averaging 6 to 8 times each year. Their food has not changed one single bit through the years, except I recall having grape leaves in the salad originally. Their commercial about consistency is certainly true. Symeon nor his dad when he was there, don't know my wife or myself from Adam, but every once in a while, we have been acknowledged by them asking how we were and if they could get us anything, and how is our meal. I don't agree with any of the accusations posted, and my whole family thinks their food is GREAT, and will keep going back as a treat. And when they had their fire, just how was the help treated when they were out of work for so long, and how come they are all still adding to all the years they've worked there?
Yup. What he did during the fire time is truly a class act.
Utica23

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

I like the place, good food and good prices.In the many years I have gone there, only once have I got bad service but, the son does seem to make it look like work, when he walks around talking to customers, like, really, do I have to do this.
Kyle

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

A Great place to go!!! Love the food!!!
Andreas

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Symeon's is fake Greek food. It is bland and nothing like what would be served at an authentic Greek restaurant. It is food that is designed to appeal to people who have no idea what real Greek food is like. You can get better Greek food at any one of hundreds of Greek owned diners in New Jersey. Symeon's food should be tossed into the trash.
Mick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Andreas wrote:
Symeon's is fake Greek food. It is bland and nothing like what would be served at an authentic Greek restaurant. It is food that is designed to appeal to people who have no idea what real Greek food is like. You can get better Greek food at any one of hundreds of Greek owned diners in New Jersey. Symeon's food should be tossed into the trash.
Who cares whether it's real or not. His parking lot is always full, and his food is delicious. If you really think that, piss off and move to new jersey. You belong with snooki anyway.
wow

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

bob wrote:
Food is crap. Olive Garden will put him out of business.
Olive Garden? that has to be the worst sugar food on the planet.
If you think olive garden is good food, you should stay home and eat campbells.

Oh, Symeon does think who he is. I dont like the guy at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
I cannot listen to Jason Powles any longer... (May '13) 1 hr Fill 131
Do women like men with big heads? (Jan '12) 1 hr ayo 18
nikki edsall 2 hr Wow 8
get rid of hamas 3 hr ziiighiial 2
hobby lobby protest 3 hr model power 11
New City, New Women 4 hr truth hurts 6
lets FEED ]\[GGERS FOR EVER ON YOUR STOLEN MONEY 4 hr true 7
The "Summer of Rigge" needs to end 4 hr LIES AN SREGGIN 26
Andy Beengrezy Brindisi INDICTED! 5 hr PAC Lies and Riggies 8