Local author John Augustine

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Enfield, CT

#1 Jun 30, 2013
I am a teacher and have caught wind of there being a local author in the Utica area named John Augustine. If anyone does have any info on him or his book, please let me know. Thanks!
Dana Ashton

Enfield, CT

#2 Jun 30, 2013
Juelez687 wrote:
I am a teacher and have caught wind of there being a local author in the Utica area named John Augustine. If anyone does have any info on him or his book, please let me know. Thanks!
Yes, book good, he's not. He went to Utica college to be a teacher but they dropped him because he assaulted another student. He's an ex drug dealer, drug user who has a violent past. He has been arrested multiple times for assault and then he writes stories to contrast his twisted lifestyle. He published a few stories and won awards while he was in Utica college, and is a very talented writer. But as a person he's a real piece of work.
OD fan

Enfield, CT

#3 Jun 30, 2013
He was a student at Utica college and wasn't arrested for assaulting a student, but a teacher. As far as my memory serves me he was brought up on charges because he had pending felonies for other violent assaults. Lucky for him, he has a uncle who's some bigwig attorney who got him off with a slap on the wrist! He's not allowed to step foot on Utica college campus ever, and because of his behavior it's hindered him from schools accepting his applications. He had tried to contact the newspaper several times but they know better to give publicity to an animal like this. That's your info on him, as far as the book goes, I don't know.
OD fan

Enfield, CT

#4 Jun 30, 2013
Contacting the newspapers about giving his book publicity* that is.
Dmitri K

United States

#5 Jul 1, 2013
Juelez687 wrote:
I don't no him. Book is good.
Scott G

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jul 25, 2013
You guys are being foolish. John is a great guy with what may be a checkered past. The John Augustine you speak of is not the John Augustine of today. Maybe talk to the guy before you run your mouths.
Mmmgoodgood

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2013
Lol John maybe jacked and intimidating looking but no these things are far stretches from Johns true past. Read a book.
Anon

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 16, 2013
He's one fine boy, that's for sure :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obnoxiously Loud Commercial 4 min johnny meatballs 6
mike tebsherany Tanning Bed (Sep '14) 19 min jail 4
Sad CNY Cant Keep SEARS wants a "Super Nano Plant" 37 min hmm 18
Downtown Bar Scene 56 min Easy 5
TVL Baseball 59 min baseball expert 7
Utica Comets Website Gone 1 hr At its finest 19
Exterior painters 1 hr true? 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 15 duh 623
More from around the web

Utica People Search