Death at OCJ, suicide or murder?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curious

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jun 4, 2010
An 18 year old died while in custody at OCJ. It was ruled a suicide but the circumstances are very suspicious. They say that he hung himself but there are scratch marks around his neck which lead me to believe he was trying to get free. He was also badly beaten. Rumors have been swirling that three black men killed him and then made it look like a suicide. The od hasn't reported anything but it looks like a coverup to me!
gstuvyk

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jun 4, 2010
When did this happen today?
ummm

United States

#3 Jun 4, 2010
curious wrote:
they say he hung himself but there are scratch marks around his neck which lead me to believe he was trying to get free.
Not so uncommon, they tend to change their minds when their air supply is cut off, it's natural to fight for your life, whether you're taking it or not.
Lannie

Ithaca, NY

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Who cares - he was a jailbird.
Hal Roache

Syracuse, NY

#5 Jun 4, 2010
Lannie wrote:
Around here, it's a 50/50 chance he was guilty. Being in jail in Utica is like getting a sunburn in Miami; if you stay out long enough, it's bound to happen!
Smficfr

Utica, NY

#6 Jun 5, 2010
What was his name?
Really

New Hartford, NY

#7 Jun 5, 2010
18 years old,oh no...
It does not matter

Little Falls, NY

#8 Jun 5, 2010
His name was Senad Husic, and he was 18 years old. Just like many children in today's society he got trapped into the life of drugs. He leaves behind a loving family, mother, father, brothers, sisters, and friends that cared about him. Most importantly he was a human being and someone out there knows what happend. Just because he was in jail doesn't mean he deserved to die a brutal death. Think about all young children that get trapped up in this game of drugs. Do they all deserve to die?
Bosnien

Frisco, TX

#9 Jun 5, 2010
He was 17 and locked up in Elmira.
UticaResident

Utica, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2010
It does not matter wrote:
His name was Senad Husic, and he was 18 years old. Just like many children in today's society he got trapped into the life of drugs. He leaves behind a loving family, mother, father, brothers, sisters, and friends that cared about him. Most importantly he was a human being and someone out there knows what happend. Just because he was in jail doesn't mean he deserved to die a brutal death. Think about all young children that get trapped up in this game of drugs. Do they all deserve to die?
Perfect!!!! A noose should be standard issue when your arrested. Saves taxpayers money instead of housing these dirtbags.

Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#11 Jun 5, 2010
i am sure he killed himself-it is not uncommon for this to happen to people who get locked up and try to take their lives-especially those involved in drugs. he obviously had some depression issues. it is awful that such a young person ends up this way, but leading a life of crime ends you up in 2 places: jail or dead. He had chances to get straight and his family did not help.wasn't he the one that was sent to jail for some crimes and was the one that got beat up over the summer?
so sorry

Little Falls, NY

#12 Jun 5, 2010
It does not matter wrote:
for his family,god bless you in this terrible time.and all you jerks that are saying terrible things about this boy should burn in hell!!!!!this could have been your son drugs don't care who you are or think you are!!!
Tough Guy

Cortland, NY

#14 Jun 5, 2010
Lannie wrote:
Yeah and youd be a jailbird bitch, and besides how soon you forget that you were born in prison to a crackwhore mom.
smelly b

New Hartford, NY

#15 Jun 6, 2010
CNY cafe wrote:
i am sure he killed himself-it is not uncommon for this to happen to people who get locked up and try to take their lives-especially those involved in drugs. he obviously had some depression issues. it is awful that such a young person ends up this way, but leading a life of crime ends you up in 2 places: jail or dead. He had chances to get straight and his family did not help.wasn't he the one that was sent to jail for some crimes and was the one that got beat up over the summer?
Cny,All your posts you think you know everything.Why dont you go back to your cheating husband and work on that instead of breaking other peoples balls-skank

Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Jun 6, 2010
smelly b wrote:
<quoted text>Cny,All your posts you think you know everything.Why dont you go back to your cheating husband and work on that instead of breaking other peoples balls-skank
WOW! nice language! it is amazing you can not come up with something more creative. I'm not breaking anyone's cha cha's amigo! hahaha
give me a break

United States

#17 Jun 7, 2010
CNY cafe wrote:
but leading a life of crime ends you up in 2 places: jail or dead. He had chances to get straight and his family did not help.
Wow and you say you're a teacher? I hope kids don't turn to you for any kind of advice. He was not much more than a kid and that no-one helped him? Where is your level of compassion? Oh wait, it was wasted on that thread where you whined about your husband cheating. Let me tell you something, 18 should not be the end for anyone, and in this such situation don't mar it up with 'he had his chance to straighten up'

Level 1

Location hidden

#18 Jun 7, 2010
everyone is entitled to their opinion-but there is no need for personal name calling. It is much easier for someone from the outside looking in to think that every kid is good and just a kid-but whne you work with a certain types of kids and see some of their actions-it becomes a different story. Those of you who work at police officers, probation officers, CO's and other social service agancies know what i am talking about. Yes, this kid had every opportunity to reach out for help. And people did tyr to help him-but he wanted nothing to do with it and wanted to live the way he did and was not nice about......so here is the end result- drugs, jail and dead-end of story. You can only be compassionate to a certain extent-
CNY

United States

#19 Jun 7, 2010
CNY cafe wrote:
everyone is entitled to their opinion-but there is no need for personal name calling. It is much easier for someone from the outside looking in to think that every kid is good and just a kid-but whne you work with a certain types of kids and see some of their actions-it becomes a different story. Those of you who work at police officers, probation officers, CO's and other social service agancies know what i am talking about. Yes, this kid had every opportunity to reach out for help. And people did tyr to help him-but he wanted nothing to do with it and wanted to live the way he did and was not nice about......so here is the end result- drugs, jail and dead-end of story. You can only be compassionate to a certain extent-
For your info., I do work around children and adolescents and the day I carry an attitude such as yours will be the day I do everyone a favor and get the hell out of a profession that is obviously not doing anyone any favors. Selfish bitch....now, there is a personal insult, which I initially refrained from.

Level 1

Location hidden

#20 Jun 7, 2010
CNY wrote:
<quoted text>
For your info., I do work around children and adolescents and the day I carry an attitude such as yours will be the day I do everyone a favor and get the hell out of a profession that is obviously not doing anyone any favors. Selfish bitch....now, there is a personal insult, which I initially refrained from.
it is funny that you keep posting under other assumed names. If my opinion bothers you so much you really need to get a grip. Do you honestly think that i am the only one with this opinion-why attack me? get over it-you have some serious issues of not being able to let go. feel bad for you-
assumed names

United States

#21 Jun 7, 2010
Your opinion should bother you considering your position (if that is truly what you do, you could use a lesson in spelling to say the least) but as it doesn't seem to matter to you, there is no point in wasting my breath. If you don't get it yet, you never will. Don't feel sorry for me, it is I who pities you and rightly so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
savage ]\[lGGERS BEAT 12 YO GIRL 30 min BONGO MUDSHARKS 265
taxpayers FUNDING THE CRIMINAL ]\[lGGERS 31 min BONGO MUDSHARKS 25
the FUTURE OF THE GHETTO 32 min BONGO MUDSHARKS 4
why A MILLION BABIES ARE ABUSED IN AFRICA A YEAR 34 min BONGO MUDSHARKS 71
I love bashing racist Utica LOSERTOWN USA! 37 min Lucky Lucy 7
bn WATCH AFRICANS BURN AFRICANS THEY HAVE FIRE 40 min BONGO MUDSHARKS 27
Matt Funeral Services Rutger St. Utica NY 40 min Lucky Lucy 7
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 58 min Cheezy Welfare 506
Stay Away from these Contractors 2 hr For real 38
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 2 hr DODGE MUDSHARK DODGE 105
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 5 hr CONFEDERATE 1 254
Keeler does it again! 9 hr Antifablows 58

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages