Pizza Classic

Parkway Pizza

O'scunnizo

Nonnis

Rosarios

Help

Liverpool, NY

#23 May 17, 2013
John's in Marcy is a ripoff. His prices are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high!
Kenny

Whitesboro, NY

#24 May 17, 2013
utica man wrote:
Tonys on Burrstone is excellent if you get there around 10:30 am. After that its old and cold and not worth it. Even at lunch time when you would think its fresh they reheat two hour old pizza.
I think you are talking aboput slices. If you order a pizza from there it is fresh and excellent.
bull

Whitesboro, NY

#25 May 17, 2013
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are talking aboput slices. If you order a pizza from there it is fresh and excellent.
If you think capri is garbage (which it isnt) and you
think tonys' is good, you arent anywhere italian or you
must know NOTHING about pizza. Tonys pizza is so horrible,
greasy, lousy sauce, it literally makes me sick if I ever
have to eat it, ie birthday party or something.
Kenny

Whitesboro, NY

#26 May 17, 2013
bull wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think capri is garbage (which it isnt) and you
think tonys' is good, you arent anywhere italian or you
must know NOTHING about pizza. Tonys pizza is so horrible,
greasy, lousy sauce, it literally makes me sick if I ever
have to eat it, ie birthday party or something.
Who said I was Italian you goof? Frankly, if you want a good Italian old style pizza - you have to go to NYC. Twin Trees in Solvay (Syracuse) is also EXCELLENT.....Nothing here. At any rate, I happen to LIKE greasy pizza which is why I like Tony's.

There is a reason people call Capri pizza "crapi" pizza. It's just OK. I really don't have a dog in this fight - you want good old style Italian Pizza, go to NYC, Solvay or New York Pizzerias in Oswego, Waterown and Rochester.
try it

Newington, CT

#27 May 17, 2013
Vinny wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol that's funny there not even open anymore. I drove by Saturday and the lights were off no one there at 6 pm.
that's because they were on vacation. They are open.
gogreen

Carthage, NY

#30 May 17, 2013
Vinny wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol that's funny there not even open anymore. I drove by Saturday and the lights were off no one there at 6 pm.
I think yoou are wrong. I don't think its closed. It probably does have really good pizza tho. Those ttypes of places do.
gogreen

Carthage, NY

#31 May 17, 2013
Utica Prison Fort Center wrote:
Tony's in Washington mills is still my favorite. Franks a nice guy too.
Nice guy and all. Pizza is pretty good. NOT cheap tho.
Kylie

Whitesboro, NY

#32 May 17, 2013
I use to really enjoy Joe's in Whitesboro but it has really fallen off. It is inconsistent and the topings that you get are less and less. In it's day - there was no better pizza. Sad. I still get it from time to time hoping I get lucky but I only get disappointed. If it isn't DRENCHED in sauce, it's burnt.

Anways, nowadays I kinda like Trios in NYM b/c I like that style of pizza. Oscunizzo's deserves a shout out as well.
Build

Little Falls, NY

#33 May 17, 2013
What happened to the pizza place by chantrys? Did they close?
Jimmy

Whitesboro, NY

#34 May 17, 2013
Blondie wrote:
Hands down AND in this order
Parkway Pizza
Venice
I only go there because I feel sorry for the family but come on, it's not that great.
your area has no pizza

Carthage, NY

#35 May 17, 2013
its not your fault not knowing what good pizza is or what a realdeli is. what you people have is all you know,so you get used to that slop that is made in upstate. Im not saying all upstaters,but most wouldnt pay the price for food made with fresh ingredients,real imported meats and cheeses,real restaurants that dont serve food that has been frozen or microwaved. But thats how it is in most resaurants or pizzerias in upstate.
Hungry

Manlius, NY

#36 May 17, 2013
The Sicilian from Capri Pizza is the best around. Tastes the same now as it did when the old man first made it on the busy corner years ago.
gogreen

Carthage, NY

#37 May 18, 2013
Build wrote:
What happened to the pizza place by chantrys? Did they close?
No they are still open. Pizza is good too/
gogreen

Carthage, NY

#38 May 20, 2013
primos in kirkland is good
waterville

Whitesboro, NY

#40 May 21, 2013
Is that place in waterville frank & rosa's nys pizza? If it is, I ate there last yr and it was the best pizza, pasta, salads, wings etc on the fukin planet. they came from sicily, and do it right I am from rochester and ate all over the city as well as all the places in nyc. Frank & rosas on main st in waterville in unbeleivable!!!!

Some other on here mentioned a waterville place. Is it another place or this one?
OkGo

Carthage, NY

#42 May 21, 2013
Primos-great
parkway-excellent-
fratellos framkfort-excellent
Grandes-not bad
OhBabys-Havent tried
Tonys Nxt to Big Apple-TOO crispy but not bad
Master Pizza-very good
Tonys Burrstone-Havent tried

Any thoughts on OHBABYS or TONYS BURRSTONE ROAD?
Jay R

Cazenovia, NY

#43 May 21, 2013
Rosario's for thick.. Sorrentos in union for thin

If u don't like it too bad bitches
Jay R

Cazenovia, NY

#44 May 21, 2013
**Ilion, sorry spellcheck
upstater

Carthage, NY

#45 May 22, 2013
Primos next to the Spaghetti Kettle in Kirkland has the best pizza in this area because it is hand-tossed and cooked in a brick oven. At most pizza places, the bottom crust is too soft and soggy. Parkway Pizza is good and comes close to having a real good crust. Rosario's in East Utica may be among the soggiest crusts I've ever had and I find their pizza to be tasteless.
Not smart

Holland Patent, NY

#46 May 22, 2013
Fratellos is not good pizza..the guy and his wife are very nice hard working people tho and I respect that they successfully maintain 2 businesses that I know of
Rosario's is very good with a messed up pizza about %30 of the time. I take the gamble because when it's made right its the best (chic wing pie)
Oscugnizzo excellent and still going at almost 100yrs old.
Alberto's or Arcuri's very good most the time

And for the real pizza lovers...who can hate LiL Ceaser's lol You got 15 people to feed and only 2 of the kids are yours? 20$ feed many people and its really not that bad. Spend extra and get deep dish tho

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
will AFRICA BUY BACK ITS LEECHES 10 min free shipping 1
Whats with samantha colossimo testa again 13 min Who wood of thunk 2
No Downtown hospital 16 min Yur Pal 95
Not All Nazis Are Bad 25 min WW II Ones Were 34
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 30 min Claryce Mellerop 68
Looking for best place to meet gay males 36 min MUDSHARK 2 3
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 48 min Oh Well 500
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 1 hr Uncle Warren 244
Stay Away from these Contractors 1 hr MUDSHARKS 0 IQ 32

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages