top ten worst companies to work 4
arc

United States

#67 Jan 14, 2010
hud-son up in barneveld ,owners are the hudons, cut us back to a 3day week owners went out and bought themselfs a 50 grand mercades benz suv and a 2 week trip to new zeland ,plus about 200 grand into the building ,time for a union ,pay for a welder is sub standard like working on a southern plantion in the 1860s
next to heaven

United States

#68 Jan 16, 2010
are you for real??
lol

Rome, NY

#69 Jan 16, 2010
ACS
alumni

Cicero, NY

#70 Jan 16, 2010
arc wrote:
hud-son up in barneveld ,owners are the hudons, cut us back to a 3day week owners went out and bought themselfs a 50 grand mercades benz suv and a 2 week trip to new zeland ,plus about 200 grand into the building ,time for a union ,pay for a welder is sub standard like working on a southern plantion in the 1860s
And they deserve it! There daughter was murder a few months ago. Leave them alone!
xknucklesx

Auburn, NY

#71 Jan 17, 2010
The Pines at Utica

a nursing home
bill

Auburn, NY

#72 Jan 19, 2010
Probably because there aren't 10 places to work in the VILLAGE of Utica. Better add Slocum dickson to that list while you're at it. It sucks!
Losers

Rome, NY

#73 Jan 19, 2010
arc emplyee wrote:
I work for the ARC and we are very underpaid and for what we do. the health benefits are bad. I family has to pay about $400 every 2 weeks for health care. When they make under 10 dollars a hour. Has a very high turn over which is terriable for the clients. The pay is my only beef working there. If they paid a decent wage they would keep more highly trained staff their instead of hiring any body off the steet. Can wash dishes for about the same money with no responsibilites
$400 every two weeks for family insuranceyou've got to be kidding me go get healthy NY it's a way better deal than that
utica

Ithaca, NY

#74 Jan 19, 2010
MetLife is full of catty gossiping women.
Theresa

Poplar Ridge, NY

#75 Jan 19, 2010
arc wrote:
The forestry equipment dealer? Saw them up at Woodsman's Boonville.
yup

Vermontville, NY

#76 Jan 19, 2010
MY TOP TEN wrote:
Below is my list of top ten worst places to work for in the Utica area.Whats yours?
Centrex
LB Security
Guardian Transport
Granny's Kitchen
ARC
UCP
ACS
Feher Rubbish Removal
YEP(Youth Empowerment Project
APAC
RCIL
Perkins Specialized Trans

Burlington, NC

#77 Nov 15, 2010
Perkins Specialized Transportation Noblesville IN
Are advertising for lease purchase truck drivers they then bring them to IN and sign them up with their lease purchase trucks. Once these drivers start working for them they never receive a pay check, there have been many drivers who have seen no payment for any work for months, they give the drivers $250.00 advance a week thatís all. People are being mislead about their questionable lease program and are being scammed. They then threaten to put erroneous information on the drivers D.A.C. report if they quit their lease. I would like to know which agency that can look in to this matter as many people are suffering due to this alleged scam.
Thank you

“I can't spell "sherif".”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#78 Nov 15, 2010
You private sector peons are a pahetic joke! You are all failures because you can't all be a great mayor and supremely inexperienced cop like ME. You're just jealous aren't you?

Here' my perks since I have been working for rinkydink town govt for 20 years.

Free gas even for my personal car and my wife's if I drive it to the pumps on Judd rd.

Free car with extra wide seat for my enormous (and getting enormouser) ass.

A fancy office with 1 window/wall and a vent so I only have to breathe 80% recycled inmate fart air. Unlike the regular peons under MY CHARGE.

I have the love and adoration of cop jocksniffers countywide! I am now the top fake lawman in the county deal with it!

I can "get" anyone who can't outsmart me locked up. Rare yes but it is still a perk!

Being sherif (sic) I can steer the Kim Simon inv. away from my involvement and whoever asks why I changed my story about my involvement when Steve was proven not-guilty will be subject to arrest and my usual whisper campains against people!

No performance evaluations !! How could I ever have gotten "so far" as top correction beurocrat if I had to actually be judged upon my performance even once?

All the cook-chill meals I can shove down my gullet when I'm not talking about myself.(Now I just have to have someone explain cook-chill to me!)

Undeserved respect, at east until people get hip to my ways, then I'll have to go back to my perennial "combative" mode. I say I deserve respect and a new HO train layout in MY office!!

My new job allows me to interact with and treat far more people miserably and unfairly than my old public welfare job.

I'll list some more on the new "Sherif Biff" website that's coming including a timeline of my perfection for you to all stare at and be soooooooo jealous of!

The Hookers are in the building!

Oh I can't wait to prove to all you lowlife taxpayers how pathetic and worthless you are you can't all have the primo public suckhole jobs like me and mines get! Now go back to crying about your silly private sector jobs that's what you get for working in a field where you have actual performance rated employment suckers! Shoulda been like me I know how to game the public scumbag politician game to a "T"!

Now conGURTulate me a few times I'm out of viagara and the old old lady says she doesn't have her usual bedtime headaches I'm surprised! See ya suckers!

Since: Oct 10

Rome NY

#79 Nov 16, 2010
Martys pickle tossing salad saloon
Sunshine

Penn Yan, NY

#80 Nov 16, 2010
You can receive unemployment benefits if you've been fired. There are certain standards - like for instance, if you're fired for poor job performance, if you were unaware of a certain policy or procedure you got fired for - which is why new employee orientation is important - that's why you date and sign your name on the paperwork. It proves you were made aware of policies and procedures and you understand them. Babysitter problems is another one that could go either way. Any abuse/harassment situations have to be proven. Yes, NYS is "at will" - you can be fired without a reason. NYS says at the same time the employee has the right to quit/resign whenever - but if you quit or resign - no unemployment - so it's better to get fired.
Tonya

Utica, NY

#81 Nov 16, 2010
chemtrails wrote:
Par Tech...not a bad place to work,however it's the most disorganized company that I have ever worked for,I seriously can't see how they have stayed in business as long as they have.
AGREED
Your Kidding Me

Cortland, NY

#82 Nov 16, 2010
Unemployment wrote:
<quoted text>
Your full of it, you do not receive unemployment compensation after being FIRED. You can not receive it if youve been FIRED.
Yes you can. If the company does not follow the proper write up steps then they the fired employee can collect. The state is pro employee when it comes to unemployment. If the employer did not cross all their Ts and dot all of their Is then an employee may have just cause to collect. Most companies do not fire without writing you up for something at lest 3 times this way they can prove they tired to "redirect" the incorrect job performance.
Boo

Hamilton, NY

#83 Nov 17, 2010
seriously maybe you people would have better luck with jobs if you didn't sit here on Topix posting your life story about what bad experiences you would have get up off your butts and go find work...AND PS Granny's Kitchens is actually a pretty great company to work for they do all kinds of amazing things for their employees just to name a few they get a christmas party, summer picnic, gift cards to walmart at christmas & thanksgiving, and they all get gift certificates to a restaraunt for their birthdays every year, you call that a bad place to work hell I'd like to know what ya'll get at a good place to work!?!?!
Tipsy McStagger

Flushing, NY

#84 Nov 18, 2010
No one mentioned Zogby's!(gasp) Does that company even exist anymore? It was a miserable place to work.
The Free Masons

Little Falls, NY

#85 Nov 18, 2010
Tipsy McStagger wrote:
No one mentioned Zogby's!(gasp) Does that company even exist anymore? It was a miserable place to work.
I mentioned Zogby.that ass sold out the company to Brazilian company called IBOPE. All of his loyal long time staff he put the shiv in. The new owner is forcing all the long time staff out the door
TruBlood

Rome, NY

#86 Nov 19, 2010
MY TOP TEN wrote:
Below is my list of top ten worst places to work for in the Utica area.Whats yours?
Centrex
LB Security
Guardian Transport
Granny's Kitchen
ARC
UCP
ACS
Feher Rubbish Removal
YEP(Youth Empowerment Project
APAC
wow if u got fired from all these jobs then I think its you whom sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are so many blacks moving to Canada? (Jun '09) 4 min Fried or baked 29
was trooper justified shooting unarmed escapee 7 min Justified 20
Whitesboro Fire Department 2 hr buy your vote 6
Teachers Make More Money Than Lawyers In Utica? (Mar '13) 3 hr In shock 145
Getting a job while pregnant?? 3 hr hoplesslydvoted 1
Fireworks at Daves Diner 14 hr Jumbo Jim 1
Motorcycle noise (Apr '10) 15 hr area resident 109
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE