top ten worst companies to work 4

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
MY TOP TEN

Potsdam, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2010
Below is my list of top ten worst places to work for in the Utica area.Whats yours?

Centrex
LB Security
Guardian Transport
Granny's Kitchen
ARC
UCP
ACS
Feher Rubbish Removal
YEP(Youth Empowerment Project
APAC
UCA2010

Stockton, CA

#2 Jan 10, 2010
Wow! I didn't realize that ten employers existed in Utica. You better stick with one of them.
KY WELLER

Cortland, NY

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Wonder what their opinion is of you?
The Only

Rome, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2010
Home Depot is one of mine... you get fired for doing absolutly nothing wrong... but you have people there that have quit more than once and are still there what kind of bogus is that.... worked there for 3 years and just one day I get fired and they didn't even have a good reason to do it... what ever I get the sit on my butt and collect unemployment
my tax money wasted

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2010
The Only wrote:
Home Depot is one of mine... you get fired for doing absolutly nothing wrong... but you have people there that have quit more than once and are still there what kind of bogus is that.... worked there for 3 years and just one day I get fired and they didn't even have a good reason to do it... what ever I get the sit on my butt and collect unemployment
typical my hard arned tax dollars wasted cuz you can't accept the fact that you did something wrong. maybe you should be more productive at what you do! btw can't collect unemployment if fired for just cause!
bbb007

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Jan 10, 2010
New York State is a fire at will state.A employer can fire you for no reason.As long as it does'nt have to do with sex,creed,color,religion,etc.I t is one of the few states that have a fire at will law.No protection for the employee's
Long Time Utican

Auburn, NY

#9 Jan 11, 2010
ExMan wrote:
Lets not leave out Walmart Distribution in Marcy. I predict that place will be the site of a workplace shooting. Just to many people with 15 years in there fired for petty reasons that make no sense. Hopefully those people will take it as a blessing and not feel long term anger. Its just sad to see someone whom you know busted their butts for years to get treated like scum and walked out. Remember "Nice guys finish last" Walmart is #1. Need I say anymore?
Hartford Insurance does the same thing - Companies are firing their long term employees so they don't have to pay the benefits for them once they work long enough to retire.
addinsighthouse

Chazy, NY

#10 Jan 11, 2010
For those who care about clients working at Insight House is torture. All about money honey and not client care.
arc emplyee

New York, NY

#11 Jan 11, 2010
I work for the ARC and we are very underpaid and for what we do. the health benefits are bad. I family has to pay about $400 every 2 weeks for health care. When they make under 10 dollars a hour. Has a very high turn over which is terriable for the clients. The pay is my only beef working there. If they paid a decent wage they would keep more highly trained staff their instead of hiring any body off the steet. Can wash dishes for about the same money with no responsibilites
the worst

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2010
UCP
AIDS community resources
HARTFORD INS
the worst

United States

#13 Jan 11, 2010
ST. ELIZABETH'S
jack

Oneida, NY

#14 Jan 11, 2010
Long Time Utican wrote:
<quoted text>Hartford Insurance does the same thing - Companies are firing their long term employees so they don't have to pay the benefits for them once they work long enough to retire.
it's true, and it's absolutely horrible.
turnkey

Potsdam, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2010
why ST. ELIZABETH'S ?
alfred publishing company

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jan 11, 2010
is a crappy place to work, they treat their employees like dirt
Harry Houghton III

Auburn, NY

#17 Jan 11, 2010
arc emplyee wrote:
I work for the ARC and we are very underpaid and for what we do. the health benefits are bad. I family has to pay about $400 every 2 weeks for health care. When they make under 10 dollars a hour. Has a very high turn over which is terriable for the clients. The pay is my only beef working there. If they paid a decent wage they would keep more highly trained staff their instead of hiring any body off the steet. Can wash dishes for about the same money with no responsibilites
So true they like to fire the good staff and keep the stackers around. I once worked for them in one of there houses in Clinton. I also can say that most of the management sucks.And yes you can go back to the and tell them Harry Houghton said that.
poopy pants

Rome, NY

#18 Jan 11, 2010
bernie bus
Old Ways The Only Way

New York, NY

#19 Jan 11, 2010
County of Oneida.That was posted a couple of days ago.The post said low wages and something about the supervisors are to old and dont understand whats going on or whats needed.
Unemployment

Auburn, NY

#20 Jan 11, 2010
The Only wrote:
Your full of it, you do not receive unemployment compensation after being FIRED. You can not receive it if youve been FIRED.
GHR

Auburn, NY

#21 Jan 11, 2010
Why do we always accentuate the negative? What about the 10 BEST places to work?
YUP

Frankfort, NY

#22 Jan 11, 2010
GHR wrote:
Why do we always accentuate the negative? What about the 10 BEST places to work?
GOOD CALL I FEEL THE SAME WAY ,

prob is we are a city of misery we love to kick people while down and whine about how bad things are .

if you are smiling in utica someone will try to bring you down every time .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 3 min 1st Church Dead Cops 414
Miss You 46 min Kieth Urban 18
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 1 hr Whatchyagonnado 72
Is Charlie Shove....... 1 hr livewire85 6
peter servello cokehead 1 hr cheapshot 1
Prisons In Whitesboro 1 hr slapanut 14
I hate Christmas 2 hr Marie 6
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 2 hr Diabetic Utican 381
Serious car accident in Utica 2 hr Diabetic Utican 35

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at December 25 at 1:47PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News