Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2014
Pete

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2014
Fellow Gun Owners,

I just confirmed this with the SAFE Act Hot Line 855-LAW-GUNS.

When the recently postponed background check for the purchase of ammunition becomes effective there will be a $10 charge for each background check. According to the NY State Police the system will be up shortly and they stated the $10 fee will soon be raised $20
Search

Rome, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2014
With the Ammunition background check that they wat to do I have a question. If I'm hunting say in the Adirondack park and I stop to have lunch and Some how a box of 30-06 falls out of my pack and I don't discover it missing till I get back home.
Do I have to notify the State Police and do they start a statewide search for the missing Ammo ?
Search

Rome, NY

#3 Jan 4, 2014
What about at the range I leave a few 22 rounds on the bench and after gone for 2 hours or so I return to the range and she they are miss what then ? call NYSP and have the,m search the range and question every member to see who picked them up
Search

Rome, NY

#4 Jan 4, 2014
If I reload my own ammo do I have to do a background check on my self? than who do I pay for this
Search

Rome, NY

#5 Jan 4, 2014
What if I find a bullet on the street Do I track down the original owner or call the Police and have them search for the owner
Search

Rome, NY

#6 Jan 4, 2014
How about people crossing our state borders with bullets do they have to do a back ground check before they can enter NY
Rocco Enquirer

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 4, 2014
Perfect examples of the fatuity, inanity, obtuseness and puerility of this statute for increased "public safety".
American

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 4, 2014
At least that judge struck down the part that said you could only have 7 rounds in a 10 round mag. Load em up.
yes

Rome, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2014
Search wrote:
With the Ammunition background check that they wat to do I have a question. If I'm hunting say in the Adirondack park and I stop to have lunch and Some how a box of 30-06 falls out of my pack and I don't discover it missing till I get back home.
Do I have to notify the State Police and do they start a statewide search for the missing Ammo ?
According to the idiotic law, yes you do and you can't share shells with your buddy. Come opening day all hunters need to overwhelm the switchboards and tell them the same thing, they lost a shell deep in the woods and they need to get there fat ass out there and find it. Tell them you have dunkin donuts and while there out there they might as well do a drive for you while you sit on watch.
Stupid Law

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 5, 2014
Everyone with valid pistol Permits can own and possess the handguns listed on their permits, but will have to pay $20.00 for a background check to buy the ammo for them. Does this make sense? Should be able to purchase the ammo for guns on the permit just by showing the permit. Just an excuse to rip off law abiding citizens. It's a ruse to have nit wit owners of assault weapons who have not registered them to buy the ammo and be found out. Police at front door, " Mr.?, this is a search warrant to check your residence for illegal assault weapons. You have none registered, but records show you purchased ammo for one."
santa

Clinton, NY

#11 Jan 5, 2014
pal you aint seen nothing yet.Slowly but surely they will take your guns away unless you halfwits stop electing the local dimwits. Republican and democrats who come to your door and ask you to sign their petition to get on the ballot . You must ask them and hold them to their word how they will vote on your gun rights. Its that simple. Dont sign anything for anyone who is a so called good guy ,or a good republican or democrat, or is a popular man in town. Just get the facts on the PERSON and VOTE. Thats all you got for your rights other than that you all can just keep bitching.
Search

Rome, NY

#12 Jan 5, 2014
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the idiotic law, yes you do and you can't share shells with your buddy. Come opening day all hunters need to overwhelm the switchboards and tell them the same thing, they lost a shell deep in the woods and they need to get there fat ass out there and find it. Tell them you have dunkin donuts and while there out there they might as well do a drive for you while you sit on watch.
ROTFLMAO Too Funny
TEXAS

Austin, TX

#13 Jan 5, 2014
You all can move that there Remington plant and all it's people down here. We would treat them boys RIGHT! Good hunting and none of that SNOW!
Tell your Liberal Politicians that the Boys from Texas are being right friendly!
TEXAS

Austin, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2014
PS: We could give a RATS ass how much Ammo you buy. The more the merrier.
Search

Rome, NY

#15 Jan 5, 2014
Deep in the Heart of Texas
civilization

Chittenango, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2014
oh yes please do move to texas! take your substitute dicks with you. i'll help you pack!
Search

Rome, NY

#17 Jan 6, 2014
civilization wrote:
oh yes please do move to texas! take your substitute dicks with you. i'll help you pack!
easy there CAN OF SODA or should we just call you NEW COKE the Joke Because the dicks in your hand LOL
can i play too

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jan 6, 2014
Search wrote:
<quoted text>
easy there CAN OF SODA or should we just call you NEW COKE the Joke Because the dicks in your hand LOL
oh goody. it's time for the gunnies word game! thanks for paying "LIVERPUKE"!.
Search

Rome, NY

#19 Jan 7, 2014
can i play too wrote:
<quoted text>oh goody. it's time for the gunnies word game! thanks for paying "LIVERPUKE"!.
How is one Hi SYR SCREW US or SYR PNK US you pick

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the OD support Tenney? 9 min Randolph 7
utica aud 11 min Cliffys Pal 127
Why is rugby better than football? 13 min Dr Answer 2
Where are all the single middle-aged men? (May '12) 16 min mr goodwrench 73
Georgio's - great food and vino 18 min Dr Answer 91
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 24 min Cant Wait For The... 40
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 26 min Cant Wait For The... 25
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 46 min GRAD -0 52
Ten Most Dangerous Jobs In The United States. (Jun '12) 3 hr Lairdsville 24
utica national (Jun '13) 10 hr godawgsgo 521