500 jobs coming to Griffis.
aids for life

Ostrava, Czech Republic

#30 Jan 2, 2014
What's better then a dead qu eer, two dead qu eers.

Abominations make little boy's tingle, or prtend then can make drone boy's.
tomato rash low tech QUE

Ostrava, Czech Republic

#33 Jan 2, 2014
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
Loser? Look where you live. Case closed.
How many partners do you eat the SHT off their shaft ?

Explain in detail what you do for a living besides mom sow p i g.

Use google so you look like your welfare family excelled beyond walmart.
so what

Herkimer, NY

#35 Jan 2, 2014
Your gov wants to be president. He'll promise you anything to get elected. It really works. Look at Griffo; you keep brlieving him. Ha Ha, the joke is on all of us.
Nyorker

Glenfield, NY

#37 Jan 2, 2014
I think its great that the area got a contract like this. However, I believe the real future and potential is at SunyIT Nano site. I think thats why there is a lot more hype behind nano than rome. But, thats good news for rome. best of luck
what

Herkimer, NY

#38 Jan 2, 2014
Nyorker wrote:
I think its great that the area got a contract like this. However, I believe the real future and potential is at SunyIT Nano site. I think thats why there is a lot more hype behind nano than rome. But, thats good news for rome. best of luck
Nano site? Do you mean the NYS tax money built bldg? There has been no private investment made. Who are these people going to work for? It is a sham. Wake up.
Truth

Utica, NY

#40 Jan 3, 2014
Nyorker wrote:
"Real future and potential" for the nano site?
How long has the nano site been shopped? Years. And what is different now than say five to ten years ago other than we now have a road paid for by taxpayers to the empty site. We have a taxpayer funded entity(CNSE) designated as the end user. And most importantly - zero jobs if you don't include the EDGE jobs.
David Smith

Clinton, NY

#42 Jan 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has the nano site been shopped? Years. And what is different now than say five to ten years ago other than we now have a road paid for by taxpayers to the empty site. We have a taxpayer funded entity(CNSE) designated as the end user. And most importantly - zero jobs if you don't include the EDGE jobs.
Similar things were being said about the Malta site a number of years ago. I remember when it was being laughed at "nationally" and now overall it is doing fairly well. If Marcy Nano can grow at a rate like Albany/Malta/Tech Valley did in 10 to 15 years then I will say money was well invested... Time will tell. I am sure the topix trolls will continue to badmouth this opportunity as well as any other opportunity that comes to our area..
Truther

Glenfield, NY

#43 Jan 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Shopped? For a while. Actually being built? the past year. So wheels are in motion. Now I'm sure this will open up to a bunch of negative nay sayer replies from people who dont want to see it succeed.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#45 Jan 3, 2014
David Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Similar things were being said about the Malta site a number of years ago. I remember when it was being laughed at "nationally" and now overall it is doing fairly well. If Marcy Nano can grow at a rate like Albany/Malta/Tech Valley did in 10 to 15 years then I will say money was well invested... Time will tell. I am sure the topix trolls will continue to badmouth this opportunity as well as any other opportunity that comes to our area..
Umm...actually the malta site was never laughed at was pretty much a reality even before the rumors came out. That's the difference between utica and the rest of the world. The rest of the world does while uticans just blabber and daydream. There will never be anything in Marcy. Never.

Since: Jan 14

San Francisco, CA

#46 Jan 3, 2014
linkedIn is best option for people who seek jobs and for recruiter its an cheap and quality human resource platform.
Yep

Clinton, NY

#47 Jan 3, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...actually the malta site was never laughed at was pretty much a reality even before the rumors came out. That's the difference between utica and the rest of the world. The rest of the world does while uticans just blabber and daydream. There will never be anything in Marcy. Never.
Here is one example from 2003. There are many others...
D'Ambrosio remembers when the Tech Valley initiative first started under Wally Altes, former president of the Albany-Colonie chamber, in the late 1990s. At the time, many laughed at the idea of branding even the Capital Region as Tech Valley.
http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/200...

Here is what downstate thinks of your area in general...
Albany has always been the butt of jokes, particularly from down-staters. I remember as a college student watching the local news in my Pine Hills basement apartment. My roommates NYC friends were there watching with me. One remarked,“Can you believe how hokey the local news is here? Farmer Brown’s cow gave birth today”. Ha, ha, ha!!. I have to admit that native Albanians have it coming. I lived there the first 24 years of my life and I have to say that only Albany people believe that the universe revolves around Albany. That being said I still consider Albany “home” even though I haven’t lived there in many years. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, NYC has a long history of laughing at our backward, corrupt ways, and then sending us their most backward, corrupt politicians, who frequently set up permanent residence here.

Of course Ed Koch remarking that living in Albany would be ‘a fate worse than death’ while running for governor did not endear him to upstate voters.

http://blog.timesunion.com/norder/albany-alwa...
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#48 Jan 3, 2014
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one example from 2003. There are many others...
D'Ambrosio remembers when the Tech Valley initiative first started under Wally Altes, former president of the Albany-Colonie chamber, in the late 1990s. At the time, many laughed at the idea of branding even the Capital Region as Tech Valley.
http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/200...
Here is what downstate thinks of your area in general...
Albany has always been the butt of jokes, particularly from down-staters. I remember as a college student watching the local news in my Pine Hills basement apartment. My roommates NYC friends were there watching with me. One remarked,“Can you believe how hokey the local news is here? Farmer Brown’s cow gave birth today”. Ha, ha, ha!!. I have to admit that native Albanians have it coming. I lived there the first 24 years of my life and I have to say that only Albany people believe that the universe revolves around Albany. That being said I still consider Albany “home” even though I haven’t lived there in many years. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, NYC has a long history of laughing at our backward, corrupt ways, and then sending us their most backward, corrupt politicians, who frequently set up permanent residence here.
Of course Ed Koch remarking that living in Albany would be ‘a fate worse than death’ while running for governor did not endear him to upstate voters.
http://blog.timesunion.com/norder/albany-alwa...
I can find a blog that satires anything. Pretty much this entire website satires the utica area daily...however that's warranted. Lol
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#49 Jan 4, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
I can find a blog that satires anything. Pretty much this entire website satires the utica area daily...however that's warranted. Lol
Very true. Lol
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#51 Jan 4, 2014
Utica Animal Farm wrote:
Uticans repel normal people.
They do. Lol

But at the same time they are hard to ignore like watching clowns at a circus! Lol

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#52 Jan 4, 2014
No drones!
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#53 Jan 4, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
No drones!
Sorry. Utica is filled with them already. They're called the UPD, UFD, Dpw, co's, etc. lol
Flap

Gouverneur, NY

#54 Jan 4, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Utica is filled with them already. They're called the UPD, UFD, Dpw, co's, etc. lol
Cliffy rash flap!
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#55 Jan 4, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny but true! LOL!!!
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#56 Jan 5, 2014
I'm hearings estimates closer to 5000 jobs coming to griffis. Uticas back baby!!! Lol
pride

Herkimer, NY

#57 Jan 5, 2014
What are the qualifications to secure a job to search for lost drones?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cotrupe van and drugs 18 min Truth be told 10
Republicans for Clinton 23 min Ted R 3
attn OH NO !!!!! THE SEMICONDUCTOR TRADES THE M... 38 min KingAndrewCuomo 10
the double letter game ** (Jul '11) 54 min SueNY 2,195
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 55 min SueNY 6,144
Who Was The WKTV Female 55 min Fly on the wall 7
Sad Marriages 58 min Gary 19
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 6 hr Bill Keeler 458
Jolene Ferris 7 hr weatherman 9
Nano Uodate 14 hr Hmmm 108