Corasanti, MD Who Killed Girl Driving Drunk, Is Hit Himself By Drunk Driver

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 2

Since: Dec 11

Kirkville, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Corasanti, Doctor Who Killed Girl While Driving Drunk, Is Hit Himself By Drunk Driver

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/headli... #

By Jonathan Wolfe, Fri, September 13, 2013
Sometimes what goes around really does come back around.
Yesterday, a New York doctor convicted of killing a teenage girl while driving drunk was struck and injured in a car accident. The driver who hit him was drunk.
Dr. James Corasanti, 58, was released in April after serving only eight months in jail for a DWI charge from the night he struck and killed 18-year-old Alix Rice while driving.
Yesterday, at 11 a.m., Corasanti’s car was hit by a 17-year-old driver with a .12 BAC. Corasanti and his secretary were both taken to local hospitals and treated for minor injuries.
Lawlor Quinlan, the attorney for Alix Rice’s family, commented on the irony of the event.
"It is an interesting twist of fate. To me, it's hard to have sympathy for him, I must confess,” he said.
Corasanti is currently beind sued by Rice’s family, who claims he was being reckless on the night he hit and killed their teenage daughter.
“Here we have drinking, speeding, texting, going over the white line, and leaving the scene of the accident,” Quinlan said.“Together, it’s a very strong case for punitive damages.”
Attorney Richard Sullivan, Corasanti’s lawyer, disagrees.
“There was no evidence in this case of erratic driving. It was a tragic accident, nobody disputes that it was an accident. It’s an accident, but it’s not a case we believe that warrants punitive damages.”
The 17-year-old who hit Corasanti was issued court appearance tickets and released into the custody of her mother.
Sources: WIVB, Buffalo News
this nurse knows

Utica, NY

#2 Sep 14, 2013
You know what they say about karma...........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Comets ADVANCE!!! 1 hr Chi town 2
Good Mechanic in Utica/New Hartford Area 3 hr jennifer 15
WOUR is terrible!!!! 4 hr JoeP 17
fire in clinton? 6 hr dalmation dan 1
Sangertown Mall....before Kaufmans....? (May '11) 9 hr GUEST 325
Help! I need a divorce lawyer. 9 hr Vince 9
Hotel Utica 11 hr feduptaxpayer 17
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 30 fact check 637
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]