The Rev. Dodge resigns as director of...
Utica Patrol

Baltimore, MD

#41 May 14, 2013
Marshall Matt Dillon wrote:
I'm glad he finally got out of Dodge !
We need to pray for the next mission he lands, he will do it again.
Mokus

Syracuse, NY

#42 May 14, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this statement, is funny as hell, First he wanted the ex-cons, State money for housing, and forgot SEX OFFENDERS, more state money,
so now the poor homeless people who have never had any dealing with ex-cons and sex offenders, where being robbed, of food, small change, and EBT card,
He wouldn't take sex offenders. He said he was too close to a park (that traffic circle with the fountain in the middle of it).
Sam

Utica, NY

#43 May 14, 2013
Mokus wrote:
<quoted text> He wouldn't take sex offenders. He said he was too close to a park (that traffic circle with the fountain in the middle of it).
That is not true, he has taken Sex offenders
Sunshine

Baltimore, MD

#44 May 14, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The mission does not take any sex offenders, never did, everyone is checked on the data base, when I stayed there I was asked if I was a sex offender and they ran me on a data base. i had seen people turned away if they are sex offenders,
Mokus

Syracuse, NY

#46 May 15, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
He may have "taken" sex offenders, but he didn't let them live at the Rescue Mission, cupcake.
inquiring donation giver

Syracuse, NY

#48 May 15, 2013
I have a sneaking suspicion that something is being covered up from the public.There has to be a reason why he is resigning. Was he involved with any improprieties at the mission ? This sounds too hush-hush to me.

“Praise the Dollar,send turkey!”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#49 May 15, 2013
Of course it's a cover up sweetie! Where have you been? If it was a real resignation they would announce that I'd be leaving on a certain date, they'd have a party for me, I'd get to be on TV again, and they'd have a replacement ready to take over on the day I left because it would have been planned and with some notice. This, on the other hand, speaks for it self. It's get out now as fast as you can. Are you that dumb? Hush hush? LMFAO!! Yeah, send in another turkey and slip me some cash. The board turned a blind eye and will now deal with a PR nightmare. Joe M had it right. Has Dow covered his skeletons quick enough? Poor Jeff G... his buddy is gone now.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TKVJ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TL8R...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TE0C...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/T8F5...
ooooomonkeystamp

Camillus, NY

#50 May 15, 2013
inquiring donation giver wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that something is being covered up from the public.There has to be a reason why he is resigning. Was he involved with any improprieties at the mission ? This sounds too hush-hush to me.
Under the crime of burglary, 30.4% of arrested are Black and 67.8% are White. The Black burglary rate 30.4 over 13, divided by the White burglary rate of 67.8 over 85, gives a figure of 2.93.

If these arrest records accurately record the commission of burglaries, that means that Blacks commit burglary at almost 3 times the rate of Whites.

Using the same methodology, the figures other crimes can also be broken down:

Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;

Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;

Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;

Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;

Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;

Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;

Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;

Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;

Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
Filibuster

Utica, NY

#51 May 15, 2013
Mission Supported wrote:
His criminal actions does not reflect the work of the mission since 1829
1890 actually
Parker House

AOL

#52 May 15, 2013
What? No going away party like they had for Jack Hunter or Bill Davis? I was looking forward to all the good luck on your new journey crap.
Dodge supporter

Tampa, FL

#53 May 15, 2013
the good Reverend did more in 8 years for the Rescue Mission than anybody did in its history.

He by himself expand the services, expanded its outreach, number of meals served, number of stays in the shelter, the media presence was unbelievable. He outgrew the board and the scum in Utica.
Parker House

AOL

#54 May 15, 2013
Dodge supporter wrote:
the good Reverend did more in 8 years for the Rescue Mission than anybody did in its history.
He by himself expand the services, expanded its outreach, number of meals served, number of stays in the shelter, the media presence was unbelievable. He outgrew the board and the scum in Utica.
Thanks, Bill. Good luck with your "journey." If this was the case, it would be handled much differently. This is clearly a get the hell out and don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. Sanders did all the work for 30 years. Bill took the credit. It was, and always has been, about the money for Dodge.
Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#55 May 15, 2013
Dodge supporter wrote:
He has a new life just like the past life walking with the angles on white clouds.
You actually believe this?????
Parker House

Syracuse, NY

#56 May 15, 2013
Dodge supporter wrote:
LOL!! Now, that's funny!
Dodge supporter

Tampa, FL

#57 May 15, 2013
it was never about the money, it was about ministering to the poor and humbling yourself to do the work that no one wants to do.

Praise Him. Stop tearing him down. You're town is full of evil minds and nit-wit Board members who cherished his work.

As far as Sonders goes, the place was a wreck before bill dodge got there. Dodge got the place into shape you have to be kidding me?
deppfan

AOL

#58 May 15, 2013
Our business donated quite a bit to the Rescue Mission; it was hard work on our part. Not once did Rev. Dodge thank us; he would be outside of the building, in front of the tv cameras. Then he'd leave. Rev. Sanders and his wife always thanked us and invited us to the Mission for a meal prepared by the residents.
elect Talorico

Baltimore, MD

#59 May 15, 2013
The mission will rebuild again, a new man is needed, someone with strong ties to the community, sincere, and with love for ministry, Talorico should get elected, he is the only one at the mission that can bring back credibility, he coaches my girl team and they love them so much.
Agreed

New Hartford, NY

#60 May 15, 2013
elect Talorico wrote:
The mission will rebuild again, a new man is needed, someone with strong ties to the community, sincere, and with love for ministry, Talorico should get elected, he is the only one at the mission that can bring back credibility, he coaches my girl team and they love them so much.
I agree! And know many who wish for the same thing. May the best man get the position, but I know of no one personally who cares more about the mission and its people and who can humbly put things back in order for the mission. It's time to rebuild.
phony

Syracuse, NY

#61 May 16, 2013
I cannot believe Dodge can walk out Scott free without getting punished for his improprieties.
Time of Noah

Wilbraham, MA

#62 May 16, 2013
Rev Phil Hodge wrote:
Of course it's a cover up sweetie! Where have you been? If it was a real resignation they would announce that I'd be leaving on a certain date, they'd have a party for me, I'd get to be on TV again, and they'd have a replacement ready to take over on the day I left because it would have been planned and with some notice. This, on the other hand, speaks for it self. It's get out now as fast as you can. Are you that dumb? Hush hush? LMFAO!! Yeah, send in another turkey and slip me some cash. The board turned a blind eye and will now deal with a PR nightmare. Joe M had it right. Has Dow covered his skeletons quick enough? Poor Jeff G... his buddy is gone now.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TKVJ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TL8R...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TE0C...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica -
ny/T8F5MMRO77KQT6J52
WOW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A third term for Obama 3 min hipppocritter 40
No Strike at Verizon 1 hr no mas 2
Any recommendations for a travel agency? 2 hr GHR 7
Bernie sanders 2 hr Gaggy 11
why are police shooting people 2 hr funs over 3
fly a drone in my backyard 2 hr funs over 7
rush 3 hr gunsmith 95
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages