Rt 12 Speed Limit Increase
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jerry33

Little Falls, NY

#23 Dec 2, 2012
So there are no plans for a new speed limit?
sirex

Manlius, NY

#24 Dec 2, 2012
Jerry33 wrote:
So there are no plans for a new speed limit?
Of course not.

Since the thruway is 65mph, state police rely on people getting off onto 12 and speeding.

You can thank greedy and useless police agencies for an absurd 55mph speed limit. Gotta take food out of people's mouths, because you drove 70 in 55mph zone on a divided highway out in the middle of nowhere.
just me

Utica, NY

#25 Dec 2, 2012
Probably not, because Rte. 12 north of Utica is an unlimited access road. There are TOO many side roads dumping on to 12 using stop signs and yield signs in several instances.
moron

Reading, MA

#26 Dec 2, 2012
just me wrote:
Probably not, because Rte. 12 north of Utica is an unlimited access road. There are TOO many side roads dumping on to 12 using stop signs and yield signs in several instances.
"unlimited access" north of utica? You idiot, it is limited access to south trenton. Utica to South Trenton is a prefect candidate to be upgraded to 65 mph.
Salute

Newark, NJ

#27 Dec 3, 2012
Proof wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha I come from barneveld and you hit the nail on the head with every spot. I feel bad for people who don't know any better, I decrease my speed approaching each spot.
Same here.
MadMaxMoon

Utica, NY

#28 Dec 4, 2012
They already let people drive 65 on Rt 12. Why should they increase the speed limit? If they do, then I and others will still be driving 10 miles over the limit, and that would upset most of you as well.
Learn to drive, keep it under 65 and you will be fine.
bob

Lowville, NY

#29 Dec 4, 2012
Then the troopers will have nothing else better to do. I makes them feel powerful by bullying the public. Cops are a bunch of uneducated meat heads.
For The Record

Utica, NY

#30 Dec 4, 2012
Are all of you that young, that you don't remember when Rt12 just North of Don's Ford up to Mapledale and the old Rt49 from Rt291 to Rome, WERE 65 MPH? Posted for that speed limit for a number of years. It was lowered back to 55MPH, under the guise of saving gas by increasing MPGs. At least Rt49 is back to 65 MPH with it becoming the expressway. It might do well to write letters to the OD to have them put pressure in the right places to get it raised again.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Waterville, NY

#31 Jul 30, 2013
I say give the people back their speed.

People have told me it was 65 or 70 before the gas crunch and the 55 andate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Strong rescue in Brookfield? 9 min North 62
is karen free? 17 min paul 72
Democrats ruin everything 18 min No comprendo 5
Say No to downtown Utica hospital (Sep '15) 19 min Fat JOE 43
Everyone’s Forgoten Erin Hamlin 42 min Harry Whodunher 28
Assembly candidate 50 min Mitch 59
Who is the best all around high school basketba... 52 min Mitch 6
the hookers are out its warm 53 min Uglychris 51
Utica/Labella to court with Longo $100M (Sep '13) 5 hr Government Waste 31
Best head in Utica?!? 7 hr herk magician 53
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 10 hr Credit carma freebie 1,020

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages