Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Boonville, NY

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Are there any plans to make Rt. 12 65 MPH rather than 55 MPH?

I know the Arterial Realignment is pushing forward and I was hoping maybe there was also something to raise the speed limit for the north side of Rt. 12 through Alder Creek to something more appropriate.
NYSP

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Could easily be 65 MPH from Walmart to south trenton. Not very likely because the troopers use it as a revenue generator by writing tickets on top of deerfield hill. Without the 55 mph speed limit they might have to do some actual police work.
beware

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 16, 2012
just realize that if you travel from don's ford to barneveld (or vice versa)in the morning, oh mr suv state trooper is gonna get you for speeding (if you are)!! that man has been on a roll for months..must write more tickets than any other troopers in nys..lol..

Level 1

Boonville, NY

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Yeah, it's easy to get caught at the top of that hill if you don't have cruise control. I feel bad for people that aren't from around here that get caught.

They would still be able to nail people going 75. It would really help out those that commute from an hour away to work in the Utica area cutting down travel time. Plus businesses that have to deliver things.
Syrax

Syracuse, NY

#5 Nov 16, 2012
North of dons ford, it needs to be 100mph.
Gertrude

Tully, NY

#6 Nov 17, 2012
I have heard plans that they will lower it to 45, and will install traffic lights near Don's Ford and SUNY. A pedestran bridge has been proposed to allow people to cross over to Walmart.
proud white female

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
I travel to my Doctor's Office in Barnveld and have NEVER been stopped for a Speeding Ticket!

Try using the Cruise Control and set it for 62 and you will never get stopped - plus you will arrive at your location still in one piece with no ticket to pay for!!!!
Vic the Stick

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 17, 2012
beware wrote:
just realize that if you travel from don's ford to barneveld (or vice versa)in the morning, oh mr suv state trooper is gonna get you for speeding (if you are)!! that man has been on a roll for months..must write more tickets than any other troopers in nys..lol..
My old friend always use to say about mr suv state trooper,

"I wonder who is going to take $120.00 out of his kid's mouth this week. Don't these people feel good about how they hurt.

I know,I know people are breaking the law.. get em boys.
BooB Guy

Cortland, NY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
proud white female wrote:
I travel to my Doctor's Office in Barnveld and have NEVER been stopped for a Speeding Ticket!
Try using the Cruise Control and set it for 62 and you will never get stopped - plus you will arrive at your location still in one piece with no ticket to pay for!!!!
Yea you never get tickets probably because you have nice big boobs and you're pretty!!
Wondering

Holland Patent, NY

#10 Nov 17, 2012
He let me off for 72 and gave me his number , which I plan on calling!
xxoo cutie
do the math

Willsboro, NY

#11 Nov 17, 2012
Traveling from Utica to Barneveld would be about 3 minutes faster if you went 65 instead of 55 but you will use about 8% more fuel.
Wondering

Holland Patent, NY

#12 Nov 17, 2012
Doing the math , going 72 , getting stopped and getting a phone number will get me dinner and more , without spending any gas money!
Hello

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 18, 2012
do the math wrote:
Traveling from Utica to Barneveld would be about 3 minutes faster if you went 65 instead of 55 but you will use about 8% more fuel.
Your point? I'll take the thre minutes.
Tree Hugger

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2012
Tubby Labella wrote:
My left nut-sack has been sagging (and quite smelly) lately. Any suggestions?
Yes...Drive 72 mph up Rt12, get pulled over, whip out that left,smelly and saggy nut of yours and place it in that SUV driving troopers pie hole. This way the pretty lady who got his number and is going to dinner with (and maybe more) can taste your smelly and saggy nut sack when she kisses him, because any chick who dates a low life trooper deserves only that....Or worse.........

Level 1

Boonville, NY

#16 Nov 19, 2012
Here is some math:

From Alder Creek it would save you about 7 mins and from Boonville it will save you up to 12 mins. That's only one way.

I would take that time savings. It makes a difference when you only have to drive an hour round trip rather than an hour and 20 mins round trip.

That's almost 2 hours I would get back every week.

Now, multiply that out by the number of people using the road and how much time is given back to all those people every week from the speed increase?
Lick the Cat

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 20, 2012
UticaFan wrote:
Here is some math:
From Alder Creek it would save you about 7 mins and from Boonville it will save you up to 12 mins. That's only one way.
Typical American - type or say something and automatically believe that it is true. Where did you go to school to learn that Alder Creek to Utica, 20 or 21 miles and a 10 mile an hour speed limit increase eqauls SEVEN minutes?
Try two minutes and change.
beware

Utica, NY

#19 Nov 20, 2012
I have had cars blow by me doing 70, pass mr suv and he doesn't pull them over. so i am thinking he sets the radar gun @ 72. I won't go faster than 65 thru that area knowing everyday he or one of his cronies is out there. I travel it every morning during the week to go to work in Utica. When they by chance are not there, then I figure they must be fighting "real" crime and watch out the next day- then you'll see 2 suv's and a sheriff. Mark my words and watch. They have a pattern.
So bottom line, from the trooper barracks from remsen he sits in the rest area going south, at the bottom of barneveld hill(on the side w/ town hall), in barneveld on the road to the recycling center, the no u-turns going towards utica, going down deerfield hill just @ the first bend (sits southbound), then right after the ramp for trenton rd sits in the area near that next ramp. That's when you think you've beat him, bam, he's there at that spot!..lol..
Proof

Utica, NY

#20 Nov 20, 2012
beware wrote:
I have had cars blow by me doing 70, pass mr suv and he doesn't pull them over. so i am thinking he sets the radar gun @ 72. I won't go faster than 65 thru that area knowing everyday he or one of his cronies is out there. I travel it every morning during the week to go to work in Utica. When they by chance are not there, then I figure they must be fighting "real" crime and watch out the next day- then you'll see 2 suv's and a sheriff. Mark my words and watch. They have a pattern.
So bottom line, from the trooper barracks from remsen he sits in the rest area going south, at the bottom of barneveld hill(on the side w/ town hall), in barneveld on the road to the recycling center, the no u-turns going towards utica, going down deerfield hill just @ the first bend (sits southbound), then right after the ramp for trenton rd sits in the area near that next ramp. That's when you think you've beat him, bam, he's there at that spot!..lol..
Haha I come from barneveld and you hit the nail on the head with every spot. I feel bad for people who don't know any better, I decrease my speed approaching each spot.
children starve AFRICA

Syracuse, NY

#21 Nov 20, 2012
Utica giggers are allowed to go 120, if they have starving kids in the car or have a witch that they will burn like back home.
Mathmagician

Utica, NY

#22 Nov 20, 2012
do the math wrote:
It's not always just about time or saving fuel. Sometimes, conditions allow for a faster speed limit and it just makes. It can be a little less boring. And to use your math, 8% more fuel in 3 minutes won't amount to much of anything. I'll take the faster speed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water Bill increase 25 min OUTRAGE 12
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 49 min Bob loves facebook 3
Looking 4 A Roofer (Mar '09) 1 hr Paul 42
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr Utica Sue 5,679
Utica needs more diversity 4 hr Ty gay 1
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 4 hr Da Law 29
Dumpster Diving 5 hr Sal 1
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 5 hr Tough momma 24
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 8 hr henry 58
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 9 hr Esquirer 11