Utica Police Investigator Joseph Long...

Utica Police Investigator Joseph Longo dies in murder/suicide

There are 168 comments on the www.wktv.com story from Sep 28, 2009, titled Utica Police Investigator Joseph Longo dies in murder/suicide. In it, www.wktv.com reports that:

DEERFIELD) WKTV -- State Police say that they responded to a 911 call around 4pm Monday afternoon at 10508 Cosby Manor Rd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wktv.com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
anonymous

Manlius, NY

#2 Sep 28, 2009
Why do we have headlines reading...."Police Officer Joseph Longo Jr. Dead After Killing His Wife"? Why aren't the headlines "Beautiful Young Woman Brutally Murdered by Her Husband: Police Officer Joseph Longo Jr." ??? Does anyone see anything wrong with what is in the paper. I hope the OD's slogan isn't "For the People"
Nice

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 28, 2009
I didnt know him that good, but seemed like a really good guy. I feel so bad for his children. WTF is wrong with the world today :(
too sad

West Leyden, NY

#7 Sep 28, 2009
how come every one is sideing with this man why cuz hes a officer no that doesnt change anything dat wife got killed and suffered...and the children ma god 4 of them have to live with the thought that there sick fucken father killed there mother for the rest of theer lifes will dis world get with the program jeezz im sick to ma stomach..da ones who r suppost to protect us mad god...dat makes me feel so much better a utica officer killed his wife and then took his own life..so let me dial 911 for protection not wtf wow
anonymous

United States

#8 Sep 28, 2009
This is f***ed up....then on wktv.com his fellow officers are saying how he was a great officer and won so many awards, hello he just stabbed his wife to death!!!!! If his life was going that bad he could have just taken his own life... To the family and children: I am so sorry for your loss, May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
R U SHATIN ME

White Plains, NY

#11 Sep 29, 2009
anonymous wrote:
This is f***ed up....then on wktv.com his fellow officers are saying how he was a great officer and won so many awards, hello he just stabbed his wife to death!!!!! If his life was going that bad he could have just taken his own life... To the family and children: I am so sorry for your loss, May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
I think they are refering to how contradictory his actions are. You have a person who was a good cop and did so much but crossed over and did this. I dont know many that are saying hes a good guy for doing what he did merely known as a good person and they are in disbelief this is happening. They call it shock in the medical world.
mike lenge

Watertown, NY

#13 Sep 29, 2009
your all a bunch of cowards posting this bullshit under fake names i bet if you had to give your real names on this site there would be no posts, hell there would'nt even be a website.grow some balls and tell us who you are otherwise keep it to yourself as you can see my name is attached to this and if you have a problem i live at 769 mary street come and see me .let this family get through this tough time without dragging them through the mud you f%$#ing cowards
Joe Holmes of Avery Pl

New York, NY

#17 Sep 29, 2009
I knew Joe personally and hes by far the coolest/most caring DUDE i ever meet or dealt wit in my ENTIRE life.Its sad that shit ended the way it did,nobody knows what he/her was goin thru so dont sit here and down talk JOE. What he did was wrong and there no excuses for it but someone like Joe just doesnt do something so horrible for no reason. Im sorrry that his children will suffer and my heart goes out to them. R.I.P. Joseph Longo Jr.
Frank Palmer

Troy, NY

#21 Sep 29, 2009
R Mack Milly wrote:
<quoted text>
You should google me I make more the 99% of Utica combine, choose to be out here cause the cost of living is cheap, but I guess i can add the cost of living to be cheap as well, again FUCK LONGO hope his kids find peace, and the only scum bag here in spirit is your friend Joseph Longo for cheating on his wife with UPD officer Kate and then being busted to kill his wife get a grip on reality you dumb slow ass topix wet back..
If you really are a successful entrepeneur why would you bother coming on Topix to bait people? I would think you'd have better things to do. i have no problem if you hated the guy - but try and take into account the fact that his kids may see some of what you're posting - and then think is this the type of thing that you - who allegedly tries to shows kids another side of life - would want kids to read about you?
cares about the children

Manlius, NY

#22 Sep 29, 2009
I THINK TOPIX SHOULD BE BANNED ... LISTEN TO YOU ALL.. THERE ARE 4 CHILDREN INVOLVED IN THIS, AND FAMILY MEMBERS THAT JUST LOST THEIR CHILDREN , AUNT , UNCLE, SISTER, BROTHER, COUSIN, GRANDCHILD... HAVE SOME FEELINGS FOR THEM...
Its not human to talk like animals, the families are suffering enough right now, they don't need to hear or read such horrible things from people. HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION PEOPLE .. BACK THE F@@@ OFF !!!!
joe perrotta

New York, NY

#23 Sep 29, 2009
i just read this and see everything wrong with this world today. don't you people have hearts? don't you know joe and kristens kids are probably on here shaking as they read what all of you are saying? i'm sure what all of you said about joe on here on a daily basis had a lot to do with him snapping. the man put his life on the line for all of us citizens in utica for 13 years up until the day he killed himself. of course what he did was wrong and unbelievable. kristen was a beautiful lady a beautiful person and an amazing mother and friend. this is just so sad how can anyone come on here and try and make themselves look better? i never thought anything like this would happen to people close to me but it did and one day when everything is going fine it might happen to you so just watch what you cowards say.
Street Odds

La Fayette, NY

#24 Sep 29, 2009
R Mack Milly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your most likely Italian white right, can you say he was the same way with a black person or Spanish person?
Don't answer I already know the reply would be no if you really did know him
Yo son, word on the street is that R Quack Silly will be rappin with all his peeps up in the pen by turkey day!

True dat!
No Reason

New York, NY

#25 Sep 29, 2009
Joe Holmes of Avery Pl wrote:
I knew Joe personally and hes by far the coolest/most caring DUDE i ever meet or dealt wit in my ENTIRE life.Its sad that shit ended the way it did,nobody knows what he/her was goin thru so dont sit here and down talk JOE. What he did was wrong and there no excuses for it but someone like Joe just doesnt do something so horrible for no reason. Im sorrry that his children will suffer and my heart goes out to them. R.I.P. Joseph Longo Jr.
I did not know him at all, but I agree with much of what you said with the exception of one thing: Sometimes people do terrible, horrible, unthinkably evil things for NO reason. Evil does not need a reason, and the most levelheaded, well-liked people can sometimes commit horrific acts. There is no excuse for this act, period. However, stress, pressure, anxiety and a multitude of other factors can cause people to become capable of some terrible things.

I am not going to throw stones at the man, but what he did is not reflective of the majority of other UPD officers, or police officers anywhere. For those of you bringing race into this, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I am not a cop, but it is quite clear that many of you haven't got the first clue what these men and women face on a daily basis. Reading the comments here, you alternately expect them to sprout wings and start playing a harp, or act like something out of the Bad Lieutenant. Get a grip. They are human beings. Sure, some are as*holes, but most do a job many of you couldn't stomach for an hour. Give them their time to grieve and come to grips with a fellow officer doing something that must have shocked them all to their core.
RU KIDDING

Cicero, NY

#26 Sep 29, 2009
Joe Holmes of Avery Pl wrote:
There will be np peace where he is going. And everyone goes through shit... however not everyone stabs their wife to death with no regard as to who will care for his children and then proceed to leave her (and himself) where his children would find them. So please, plesae with your don't talk down about Joe.... Go sell crazy somewhere else Bud. We are all stocked up around here.
RU KIDDING

Cicero, NY

#27 Sep 29, 2009
Frank Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really are a successful entrepeneur why would you bother coming on Topix to bait people? I would think you'd have better things to do. i have no problem if you hated the guy - but try and take into account the fact that his kids may see some of what you're posting - and then think is this the type of thing that you - who allegedly tries to shows kids another side of life - would want kids to read about you?
Ummm. What are you worried that the kids will read this and think bad thoughts about their dad???? Like they don't already for brutally stabbing their mom ?? get real.....
nick kondj

Columbus, IN

#28 Sep 29, 2009
joe perrotta wrote:
i just read this and see everything wrong with this world today. don't you people have hearts? don't you know joe and kristens kids are probably on here shaking as they read what all of you are saying? i'm sure what all of you said about joe on here on a daily basis had a lot to do with him snapping. the man put his life on the line for all of us citizens in utica for 13 years up until the day he killed himself. of course what he did was wrong and unbelievable. kristen was a beautiful lady a beautiful person and an amazing mother and friend. this is just so sad how can anyone come on here and try and make themselves look better? i never thought anything like this would happen to people close to me but it did and one day when everything is going fine it might happen to you so just watch what you cowards say.
joey I agree with what you say. no one on here actually knew joe or kristen and their problems. including myself. i know joe and i personally have nothin but nice things to say about him. most people should keep their mouths shut about what has happened because the same could happen to you.
just a thought

Manlius, NY

#29 Sep 29, 2009
listen he murdered someone, how about if he wasnt a cop and did this the upd and state police would be taking him away with that attitude as if they had taken a bad person off the street and given house medals for doing so.Sorry for the children and shame on him for what he done to the children and badge he carried and represented.He disonered the department, an thats a fact.How about a man who goes in a workplace and kills and takes his life, how is he looked upon, Get Real he commited a more serious event, his kids seen it, he took their mother away, and he left this earth a coward, he could not stand up to what he did. Maybe he had amental problen which you can give him a break but it seemed premeditated and a crazy person doesnt plan such a event. Gee it was only over money and property, Why dosuch a thing, just walk away and start over.
odhater

Syracuse, NY

#30 Sep 29, 2009
I'm embarrassed to be from a place where this is how we treat four kids in the middle of a nightmare like this.

Take note people, make sure your kids have a good support system in case something happens to you because the people of Utica are classless ANIMALS.
sh-t

New York, NY

#31 Sep 29, 2009
I want my chilren out of utica public schools.Why did they ever employ him?
how

Utica, NY

#32 Sep 29, 2009
how are the kids?
Ex con

Tully, NY

#33 Sep 29, 2009
I heard a saying once when i was away doing my 16year 4month prison sentence that i did every single day of, "you never know whats on another persons mind". I guess nobody really can understand what was on this persons mind or why he committed the act that he did but he did. Now the children and the family are left in pieces. From a human level alone (wife/husband) it is a very sad thing for me to accept or understand and my heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the family and anyone who feels as i do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Liz Salerno dating her dad? 5 min Steph 52
President Trump a Great Leader 12 min Proud Countryman 1
Scooby dog food smell 46 min Not lately 4
On The Mark gone again 56 min Town worker 4
Kelly Uvanni or the Summitt car girl? 59 min Mmm mmm good 9
NEW REALITY SHOW! "Only in Utica"! 2 hr Utica 5
Insane Woman Utica 2 hr Utica 1
Joette Mancuso 6 hr CNY Poverty Pit 11
Work On Aud Improvements 6 hr CNY Poverty Pit 425
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 8 hr CNY Poverty Pit 102